Start by marking “Bob the Bubble Gum Spider” as Want to Read:
Bob the Bubble Gum Spider

Bob the Bubble Gum Spider

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  3 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Bob the Bubble Gum Spider is an allegorical misadventure. On its own, the story is intrigue, drama and suspense. A hatchling orb weaver is at the center of the story, but implications pertaining to political economy, politics, and institutions abound – and nothing remains sacrosanct. What would you do if you were Bob?
ebook
Published March 3rd 2014 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about Bob the Bubble Gum Spider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bob the Bubble Gum Spider

Vanessa Kings
May 10, 2015 Vanessa Kings rated it it was amazing
“Bob the Bubble Gum Spider” took me back to a time when storytelling was more innocent and meant to entertain, but also leave a message, a scarce feat that seems lost nowadays where overly complex stories and soulless characters abound.
The story is a fun read for both young and old, with deep messages of growth in the eye of adversity. I especially liked Bob and how the author takes us along for the ride on his journey, fighting against the odds to overcome the obstacles in his path. And, as ha
Twilightwatchers
Sep 25, 2014 Twilightwatchers rated it it was ok
The concept is great but I felt that it was bogged down with too many useless details. I had a hard time staying in the story and actually groaned when I checked my lack of progress on my kindle. I think the book would have been better off without the need of humans or witches.
I'm not sure if the ending was a cliffhanger or what, it just ended, kind of abruptly.
Maybe I just don't get "allegorical" books?
Anyway the book started strong but it was bogged down and then sort of weird, more sci-fi/ tw
Destiny Brown
Sep 23, 2014 Destiny Brown rated it it was amazing
Black Widow Spiders On The Loose and Ready To Destroy....

Bob the Bubble Gum Spider By Gary E. Marche is an intriguing sci-fi fantasy tale with social relevancy from today's issues.

The adventure is enjoyable, the villains are ruthless, the story line is exciting. Yes, this story is high on imagination, but isn't that what true sci-fi fantasy is all about. A world of spiders and one physically challenged hatchling that should be destroyed... or should he?

The author has done an amazing job with ch
Gary E.
Spell binding! Spider characters are interesting and their means of communications is fascinating. The story line carry's over into the human world. The Natural Order of Things tries to deal with the spider world in an effective way but may fail because of the hairy two-legs. Still the hairy two-legs may get what they deserve in the end. The book suggests there are better ways to handle our problems than the way we currently do.
Sci-Fi, fantasy a...: Science Fiction/Fantasy For Review 1 10 May 03, 2015 12:00PM
Gary E. Marche is an economist with several interdisciplinary journal articles and textbooks. Bob the Bubble Gum Spider is his first novel and he says writing it was quite an experience. His wife, Mary spent a lot of time editing the manuscript and his daughter, E'lan had a lot of constructive input as well.
More about Gary E. Marche...