Start by marking “The Family Read-Aloud Christmas Treasury” as Want to Read:
The Family Read-Aloud Christmas Treasury

The Family Read-Aloud Christmas Treasury

This book of more than fifty poems, songs, and stories is an irresistible celebration of the glory and fun of Christmas. Old favorites, modern classics, and familiar carols combine with Marc Brown's warm and humorus full-color illustrations to create an appealing package to be shared with family and friends year after year.
Published October 1st 1995 by Little Brown and Company (first published November 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Family Read-Aloud Christmas Treasury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Family Read-Aloud Christmas Treasury

Allie
A favorite of my childhood Christmases. We had a big box of Christmas books and movies that came down from the attic every year, and this was a favorite. My mom read some of the stories to me when I was younger, then as I started reading myself I kept on chugging through the book. Of course it's also perfectly illustrated by Marc Brown. I really hope my mom kept this around, because I want to revisit it again come December!
Kristina
Nov 30, 2015 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Any book that includes Emmet Otters Jugband Christmas deserves 5 stars in my book! But it also included several other favorites (Grimm's The Elves and the Shoemaker, Uncle Wigglys Christmas, and Cobweb Christmas by Shirley Climo) and some new favorites (The Christmas Thief by Jay Williams, Jesus Ahatonhia- a Huron story, and the Christmas Whale by Roger Duvoisin). The poems in amongst the stories were very enjoyable as well. Overall a great read aloud book for bedtime before Christmas.
Poiema
Oct 14, 2008 Poiema rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas

Do you give books for Christmas? I've always thought it ideal for each child in our family to receive: *a book *something new to wear *something to play with.

It is true that books don't always seem exciting at the moment, but it is something they can savor much longer than cheap toys that are quickly broken or discarded.
JennLynn
Jan 03, 2012 JennLynn rated it really liked it
A lovely collection of classic Christmas poems and stories. Well worth reading and rereading over the holidays. B+
Jaid
Jun 30, 2010 Jaid rated it really liked it
We read it every year a holiday must have.
Linda
Dec 07, 2008 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood, christmas
Delightfully illustrated by Marc Brown, selections lovingly chosen by Alice Low, this treasury of holiday poems, songs and excerpts from favorite stories is a treasure trove indeed.
Stacey
Dec 22, 2008 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Charming stories and poems.
Melea
Dec 11, 2008 Melea rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddie-lit
One of those books I read most every year, just for the good feelings I get!

Bintou
Bintou rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2011
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2010
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Mira
Mira rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2007
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
bill j. woodhouse
bill j. woodhouse rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2017
Moira
Moira rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2009
Jenny Yahn
Jenny Yahn rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2017
Clarinda
Clarinda rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Bug
Bug rated it really liked it
May 06, 2014
Genny Flett
Genny Flett rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Jan
Jan rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Hanna
Hanna rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2009
Laura M. S.
Laura M. S. rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2012
Abby
Abby rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Laura rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2017
Miri
Miri rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Janna
Janna rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2009
Crys (The Hodgenator)
Crys (The Hodgenator) rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2011
Lenady
Lenady rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2010