Start by marking “For Liberty: A Red Hot and BOOM! Story” as Want to Read:
For Liberty: A Red Hot and BOOM! Story

For Liberty: A Red Hot and BOOM! Story

While deployed overseas, his mission classified, the heartfelt letters Maximus writes are the only bits of communication Liberty receives during the year he is away. Her memories of him, along with a box full of letters, become her most prized possessions—that and the life growing inside her.

It’s not until communication stops, and the scheduled return of her Army hero come
ebook
Published June 1st 2014 (first published May 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about For Liberty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Liberty

Cassie
May 15, 2014 Cassie rated it it was amazing
His letters keeps her going. Her memory is what keeps him fighting.

"A soldier doesn't fight because he hates what is in front of him. A soldier fights because he loves what he left behind."- Maximus

A chance encounter at a kissing booth brings Liberty and Maximus face to face and thats where their love story begins.

Maximus isn't the same boy that Libby had a crush on in high school, he's a man, a soldier.

Their time together is short lived, as Max has to deploy for duty.

Letters are what keeps the
Tonya
May 10, 2014 Tonya rated it it was amazing

This book is amazing. As a military wife, I understood all the emotions that Liberty was going through. I, at least got to email my husband that he was going to be a daddy.

Liberty is running a kissing booth on the 4th of July. She looks up and sees Max, the boy she crushed on in high school. He isn't a boy anymore. He is a soldier now, and hot.

Things develop between them, b
Jocelyn Sanchez
I'm a huge fan of the author, Rene Folsom, and love every book I have read of hers! This book was one of my favorites of hers. The love between the two main characters was truly beautiful and I had tears running down my face by the third page of the book. I love when authors can invoke these strong emotions in a reader!

Maximus is deployed, overseas, while his girl, Liberty, is waiting for him to return at home. The only things that get him through his days in war are the thoughts of returning t
Nicole
May 15, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Every book I've read of Rene's is a 5 star review for me. It's not because I know the author personally and am blowing smoke up her butt; it's because she is truly that great of an author. I love picking up Rene's books and reading them. I get so lost in a world that isn't my own and I forget about the stress that I've experienced in the day.

For Liberty....

Those words take on a whole new meaning in this short little novella.

With Max off fighting for his country, the only person that is in his
Michael Loring
Apr 14, 2014 Michael Loring rated it it was amazing
For Liberty is a Red Hot and BOOM! story from Author Rene Folsom, part of a collection of stories revolving around the idea of love within patriotism.

It’s been a year since Liberty has seen the man she loves, Max being deployed in Afghanistan. She’s worried that he may never come back, as his scheduled return date comes and goes without a trace of him. Without him she feels incomplete, and until he returns her world will not be copasetic.

On the other side of the world is Max, fighting in Afghani
Natalie
Jun 04, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing
LIBERTY & LOVE

This is a love story about a soldier named Maximus. He is deployed overseas on a classified mission. This means that the woman he left behind at home can not communicate with him. Liberty can receive letters from Max, but she cannot write back. This leaves them in a very big way of lack of communication for 14 months. The letters she gets and has mean the world to her and she reads them every day praying for his safe return. Being away on this mision leaves Max with the hope th
Victoria Debono
May 21, 2014 Victoria Debono rated it it was amazing
Rene Folsom
For Liberty
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Rene Folsom is one of my favourite authors and I have loved all her stories, long or short!
Being an Australian we appreciate and respect our soldiers, with any war novel I am instantly emotional and in awe. Libby (Liberty, as in Independence Day, I love learning about the American culture) is a sweet girl who crushed on an older a guy at school, one night he recognises her on the holiday celebration. She has grown up and she loves that he finally sees her. Well Max go
Claire Thake
I honestly don't think there is 1 thing I have read of Rene Folsom's that I didn't adore! This woman is an absolute genius, whether is be a short story like this one or a full novel, she manages to create a world that totally sucks you in and doesn't let go till the very last page. In fact who am I kidding, I don't think her books have ever fully let me go and I plan to re-read them all at some point in the future. This is a fab short story, that pulls at the heart strings and I'm not ashamed to ...more
Colleen Everly
May 25, 2014 Colleen Everly rated it really liked it
Really liked this book, it was a quick sweet read. Being that my father was a soldier and I have many relatives who were or are now,this story caught my attention. The author really made it feel like I was there feeling all the emotions. Many times the story of a soldier and/or his family end sadly but this one didn't it had a very heartwarming happy ending, which I like. :)
Joy Whiteside
May 27, 2014 Joy Whiteside rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. It moved along at a great pace, has amazing characters and a story that is interesting and will keep you entertained from beginning to end.

Rene Folsom is an awesome author and I look forward to reading more from this talented author in the future.
AnnaBanana
Jun 02, 2014 AnnaBanana rated it really liked it
I loved this short and sweet 4th of July read! if you're looking for a sweet and sexy read for a day at the beach or by the pool this is a great choice!
Novel Grounds
Apr 14, 2014 Novel Grounds rated it it was amazing
ForLIberty
5 Stars
Amazon|Goodreads
Meg's Review:
This was a heart warming super quick read that I am glad I got the chance to read. Rene knocked it out of the park with this one. I wish this it was a full length novel, for the sole purpose of getting more of these fantastic characters. Rene has a talent for taking a story that would need hundreds of pages to be told, and giving it to you in a nice small package. She manages this without lacking in any areas of the story. Magic.

This novel is a short th
Rachael Orman
Jun 28, 2014 Rachael Orman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute, love-story, sweet
5 Stars

Max and Libby fell in love when they ran into each other after he returns home after a few years in the Army... too bad he get deployed, leaving Libby behind with no way to contact him after only a year and a half together.

Libby has a secret and wishes that she could contact Max to let him know, but she can't so she carries on with the burden all on her own.

Max is over seas fighting in the war, missing his love and hoping that she will still be there for him when he finally comes home,
Terra Oenning
Sep 16, 2014 Terra Oenning rated it it was amazing
Liberty has had a crush on Maximus and when she is at kissing booth for dogs she sees him walking towards her. she knows he is in the military and has been gone for awhile. he ends up talking to her and going to the parade with her and the sparks fly between them. He is sent on a mission and doesn't know he is about to be a daddy and he writes her as much as he can. Liberty fears she will never see him again and is carrying his child. when he returns and sees Liberty holding a baby he is in shoc ...more
Jana
Jun 06, 2014 Jana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It felt rushed

I know this was just a short fun novella but after reading some of the other books in the red, hot and boom series I was disappointed that this basically just takes place in a day. It is just too much to fast and just felt rushed. I am comparing to how other books were written so read alone it might be ok to you. It also just left so many questions unanswered. I will read other Rene Folsom books though because I liked the character development and writing style.
Emily
Jun 01, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'For Liberty: A Red Hot and BOOM! Story' by Rene Folsom is a great read. I enjoyed Maximus and Libby. I would love to read more about this couple. Recommended to all fans of romance, soldiers, heart warming quick reads.
Ashley
Nov 23, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. My husband has been deployed so I could relate to Liberty a bit. Liberty and Maximus meet again at a dog kissing booth on Liberty's birthday, and that's when their relationship starts. A long deployment and a couple surprises make for a very nice story!
Michelle
For liberty

well write love story. thank you Rene for a look into a very wonderful love story. you really rock. smiles
April
Dec 29, 2014 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet book about Liberty and Max! I have to admit that it made me shed a few tears cause I know many guys that are in the military and how hard it is on their loved ones.
Michele Koepfer
Michele Koepfer rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Sue Nicholls
Sue Nicholls rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Lindsay Schmidt
Lindsay Schmidt rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Benjamin Klug
Benjamin Klug rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Sati Marie Frost
Aug 10, 2014 Sati Marie Frost rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Review to come when my thoughts have been mulled over a bit.
Mays
Mays rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Stacey Koefoed
Stacey Koefoed rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Paranormal Anthology with a Twist
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • Being Prince Charming
  • Christmas with a Soldier (Soldier, #1)
  • Leonardo (The Santinis, #1)
  • Forever Bound (1Night Stand, #5)
  • Owned by the Navy Seal
  • Ask Me Again
  • Claim Me (A1pha #3)
  • Night Whispers (ShadowLands, #1)
  • NOT A BOOK: Hasty Resolution
  • Consumed (The Hunger #2)
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Curvosity
  • All the Right Reasons (Damaged Heroes, #3)
  • Iloria (And the Beast, #3)
  • Horn of the Unicorn
  • Special Delivery (A Valentine's Short Story)
GET A FREE BOOK >> www.renefolsom.com/newsletter

Rene Folsom, author of contemporary and paranormal, lives in Florida with her husband and three kids. She has officially diagnosed herself with creative ADD and often has a million and one writing projects going at once. In addition to writing, she is also a graphic artist who enjoys creating custom book covers for indie authors. She is definit
More about Rene Folsom...