Start by marking “Doomed Planet (Mission Earth, #10)” as Want to Read:
Doomed Planet (Mission Earth, #10)
Preview

Doomed Planet (Mission Earth #10)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  1,000 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A monumental work -- acclaimed as agenuine masterpiece -- L. Ron Hubbard's 1.2-million-word-ten-volume MISSION EARTH dekalogy brilliantly blends science fiction and action/adventure on a vast interstellar scale with stinging satire -- in the literary tradition of Voltaire, Swift and Orwell -- on the world's foibles and fancies.A true publishing phenomenon -- precedent-sett ...more
Published June 1st 1987 by Bridge Publications (CA) (first published May 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Doomed Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doomed Planet

curtis chittenden
Great satire

if you like satire and science fiction this series is for you. if you get caught up in details and have no imagination this series isn't for you. L Ron Hubbard isn't for everyone but personally I am fond of his style and his composition techniques. He is quite a strange and full character himself if you haven't checked him out. I am not a scientology believer, but this series has nothing to do with it. This series is all about calling out things he (L Ron Hubbard) disapproved of here
Brian
I read these 10 books out of sheer morbid curiosity. Plain and simple, they are Scientology propaganda. Avoid at all costs.
Ricardo
Great Series of Science Fiction novels.
Great series very funny
Rebecca
So horrible! At least this one was short and now the whole series is over. Thank goodness! No one should waste their time reading this terrible series. Especially when there is good science fiction out there, or even while some anachronistic phone books remain unread.
Ruth
C1987: FWFTB: galaxy, Voltar, invasion, clandestine, pollution. After ploughing my way through the first nine books it was inevitable that I had to find the energy to read this final instalment.It is a big thick book with some big thick paragraphs. I knew that this series was a huge undertaking but did not know that Mr Hubbard wrote under a further 16 pen names. “Tremendous fun, great satire” says the Baltimore Evening Sun” FCN: Fleet Combat Engineer Jettero Heller, Lombar Hisst (head of the App ...more
Claire Platteuw
I struggled to finish this serie... A total waste of time, imho
Denis
Take all ten of these books and boil 'em down all night... no, leave it on the burner for a whole week. Reduce it too a thick dense sticky sauce. And still, this will have very little flavour.

There was the seed of a decent parody in there within the first two books then the joke was over. The joke became, "...let's make it ten books, just so we could call it a "dekalogy".
Myk
I am happy to have finally finished this series. L. Ron Hubbard was very obnoxious trying to pound Scientologist ideas into his readers and showing what is wrong with Earth culture using humongous exagerations. I think I might have enjoyed this series if Hubbard was subtle about his agenda.
Lbaker
I have to admit, I only read this book because I wanted to finish a decology.
I liked the first few books in this series, however, by book 7 was pretty tired of it, and by books 8 & 9 was reading just to get done.
Craig Phoenixwolf
I have always enjoyed the Mission Earth series. The final two books are different and can feel like an after thought but there are some surprises in them.
Dylan Mcintosh
Many moons ago, I read the entire series over a summer. Nothing stands out as a favorite, just wanted to read the entire series.
Chad
After a long narrative, the story ends. With a wonderful punch line. I laughed very hard and the last chapter.
Bill
I read this series in high school and it was seriously twisted... but pretty good.
Jill
This book was, I think, the only one I struggled to get through in this series.
Edward
Jan 28, 2009 Steve added it
Mission Earth
Dave
Aug 12, 2010 Dave is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am so close to the end of this series. I have enjoyed it up until the last book where I seem to just can not pick the book up. It is not a bad story, I just can not seem to finish this last book.
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Benjamin Daniels
Benjamin Daniels marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • Northworld (Northworld, #1)
  • Under the Green Star (Green Star, #1)
  • Mulengro
  • The Killing Fields (The Capellan Solution, #2)
  • The Eyes of Heisenberg
  • Politician (Bio of a Space Tyrant, #3)
  • Masters Of Everon
  • Cosmic Engineers
  • The Shadow Dancers (G.O.D. Inc., #2)
  • Beyond Wizardwall
  • One Lonely Night
  • Technokill (Starfist, #5)
  • Ghost Legion (Star of the Guardians, #4)
  • A Company of Stars (Starship Troupers, #1)
  • Ghost War
  • Decision at Thunder Rift (Saga of the Grey Death Legion, #1)
  • Starburst
  • Homecoming (Robotech, First Generation, #3)
L. Ron Hubbard was a popular pulp writer of science fiction, fantasy, adventure, mysteries and westerns during the 1930s and later founder of Dianetics and Scientology.

Known Pseudonyms:
Frederick Engelhardt
Kurt von Rachen
Rene LaFayete/Rene La Fayette/René Lafayette
Frankie Rohne
More about L. Ron Hubbard...

Mission Earth (10 books)
  • The Invaders Plan (Mission Earth, #1)
  • Black Genesis (Mission Earth, #2)
  • The Enemy Within (Mission Earth, #3)
  • An Alien Affair (Mission Earth, #4)
  • Fortune of Fear (Mission Earth, #5)
  • Death Quest (Mission Earth, #6)
  • Voyage of Vengeance (Mission Earth, #7)
  • Disaster (Mission Earth, #8)
  • Villainy Victorious (Mission Earth, #9)
Battlefield Earth The Invaders Plan (Mission Earth, #1) Black Genesis (Mission Earth, #2) The Enemy Within (Mission Earth, #3) An Alien Affair (Mission Earth, #4)