Start by marking “Princess Ellie to the Rescue (Pony-Crazed Princess #1)” as Want to Read:
Princess Ellie to the Rescue (Pony-Crazed Princess #1)

Princess Ellie to the Rescue (Pony-Crazed Princess #1)

There is a mysterious stranger watching Princess Ellie. When her pony Sundance goes missing, Ellie is convinced that the stranger has something to do with it. It is up to Ellie to figure out who the stranger is and rescue Sundance before it is too late.
Published February 28th 2006 by Hyperion (first published July 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Princess Ellie to the Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Ellie to the Rescue

Daniela
Nov 12, 2016 Daniela rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 2nd-5th grade
I purchased this book series for a certain demographic the frequents my school library-- the pony crazed princess series lovers! It certainly fits the bill.

The story is a clash between the "once upon a time" princess and modern day. Princess Ellie has waving lessons, big poofy gowns, a castle, and an "every day crown", but rides in a Range Rover, has a female stable groom, Meg, you might meet at your local barn, and calls people on the phone.

While a bit predictable, there is a minor twist that
Dale Johnson
Sep 19, 2015 Dale Johnson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girls grades 2-6
I reviewed this as a potential recommendation to my 2nd grade advanced-reader granddaughter, since it matches her pony/princess reading interests.

This is a very well told story on about the 4th grade level. Don't let Lizzy Finley's cute illustrations fool you into thinking it is for 1st graders. Though I'm not a rider, I've ridden a few times and have family with horses, yet at nearly 60, I still learned a few things about horses and tack from this story.

This is the first in the Pony-Crazed Prin
Esti
Nov 21, 2011 Esti rated it liked it
Playing on the idea that every little girl wants a pony and a tiara, this book is a light, sweet story about a princess who just wants to spend time with her ponies. There's a new groom at the palace and she's going to let Ellie finally learn to take care of her own ponies. Ellie is so excited that she barely notices the person who keeps watching her... but when one of her ponies is in trouble, the watcher helps her rescue him, and becomes Ellie's first human friend. With large text, cute line d ...more
Deb
Sep 27, 2009 Deb rated it it was amazing
This begins a great gentle series, one that my daughter immediately wanted to read "JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER" till we got to the entire end. Good for starting out pony loving interests for young princesses. Simple story and text are super for encouraging beginner readers. I am very glad there are at least 10 in the series, we've already had multiple readings of the first three.
Eija
Apr 27, 2012 Eija rated it liked it
Good introduction to chapter books for newly independent readers or an easy read aloud. Ellie wants to learn how to take care of her ponies, something she's never been allowed to do before. Fun little adventure about new responsibilities and friendship. Keywords for little girls: princess and ponies.
Cherese A. Vines
Feb 23, 2012 Cherese A. Vines rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 6+ girls who love horses and/or princesses
Shelves: children
Great book for little girls who like horses AND playing princess. My daughter liked it. The book has adventure and friendship. I just had trouble putting together the idea of princesses and a time with cell phones.
Dahl Kids
Feb 20, 2010 Dahl Kids rated it it was amazing
Chris read the 12 or so books in the series to the girls. They are so fun! I rated them 5 stars because of the wealth of "horse" knowledge they gave the girls. The girls know all about soaking the oats, tack rooms, lead ropes, etc.
Celeste
Feb 25, 2011 Celeste rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: early readers
Recommended to Celeste by: myself
Shelves: childrens
My daughter started reading chapter books so I picked this up to read on the flight home. She loved it. She loves the stories, and We are having a hard time locating more. The stories are simple and the font big. And even though a bit predictable for an adult, it was a great bonding time.
Jodi
Aug 25, 2010 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young readers
Recommended to Jodi by: Libriarian at Bosler Library
Another cute book that I read to my own little pony-crazed princess. Surprisingly, even my six year old son will sit and listen to this series!!!
Grace
Jul 06, 2010 Grace rated it it was amazing
I like that store because Ellee had a friende and a pony and the pone runs off and she got stuk. Thay pulld her owt.
Twyla
Feb 03, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Avery Harcum
Aug 05, 2016 Avery Harcum rated it it was amazing
Princess Ellie LOVES HORSES! Sundance was her FAVORITE HORSE! At the end a Robber took Sundance!

Girls sould read this book becuse girls like Princesses.
Tati
Nov 01, 2011 Tati rated it really liked it
I love easy chapter books that have sweet girls in them (instead of rude girls that already want to be teenagers). This is a cute series that my daughter loves!
Beth
Apr 16, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
awesome beginning reader, especially for all those parents out there being tormented by junie b jones...
Kayla
Mar 02, 2008 Kayla rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I were excited to find this series. It is our first chapter books, and she is loving them.
Lena Time
Lena Time rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
Jiaran Central
Jiaran Central rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Jack
Jack rated it did not like it
Jun 17, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Carrie Kaiser
Carrie Kaiser rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Madilynn
Madilynn rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2011
Shyan Locke
Shyan Locke rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Alexa
Alexa rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2010
Kuma
Kuma rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2009
Ghalia Al-Sulaiti
Ghalia Al-Sulaiti rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Phoebe Free
Phoebe Free rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Skylar Kasday
Skylar Kasday rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Melia
Melia rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Lara
Lara rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Flying High (My Secret Unicorn, #3)
  • Horse in the House (Animal Ark, #26)
  • A Dream Come True (Magic Pony, #1)
  • Winter Pony
  • Sylva and the Fairy Ball
  • Bella's Gift
  • Princess (The Puppy Place)
  • Stallion by Starlight (Magic Tree House, #49)
  • Issie and the Christmas Pony (Pony Club Secrets, #13)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • Nate the Great Talks Turkey
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Chameleon Wore Chartreuse: A Chet Gecko Mystery
Diana Kimpton has always been pony-mad so it's not surprising she enjoys writing horse books. Her Pony Mad Princess Series has sold over 900,000 copies in English and been translated into 12 languages.

After writing a series about Amy Wild, a girl who can talk to animals, Diana has returned to her favourite subject again with her latest book, There Must Be Horses, which is her first novel for olde
More about Diana Kimpton...

Pony-Crazed Princess (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Princess Ellie's Secret (Pony-Crazed Princess, Book 2)
  • Princess Ellie's Mystery (Pony-Crazed Princess #3)
  • Princess Ellie's Starlight Adventure (Pony-Crazed Princess, #4)
  • Princess Ellie's Camping Trip (Pony-Crazed Princess #5)
  • A Surprise for Princess Ellie (Pony-Crazed Princess #6)
  • Princess Ellie Takes Charge (Pony-Crazed Princess #7)
  • Princess Ellie Solves a Mystery (Pony-Crazed Princess #8)
  • Princess Ellie's Snowy Ride (Pony-Crazed Princess #9)
  • Princess Ellie's Treasure Hunt