Start by marking “Les Recidivists (Chance Assassin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Les Recidivists (Chance Assassin, #2)

Les Recidivists (Chance Assassin #2)

Two years following the events of Chance Assassin, Frank and Vincent are living in France, struggling with retirement. And with each other. When someone from Frank's past shows up and threatens to bring his personal and professional lives together with a bang, it's up to them to find out who ordered the hit and take them out first. Things may not be what they seem, but ...more
Published May 18th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Les Recidivists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Recidivists

Ball & Chain by Abigail RouxKings Rising by C.S. PacatNot So Innocent by Dani AlexanderTake by Ella FrankCross & Crown by Abigail Roux
Can't Wait M/M Romance of 2014
147th out of 297 books — 1,064 voters
Take by Ella FrankAlways by Kindle AlexanderRed Dirt Heart by N.R. WalkerBroken Pieces by Riley HartBall & Chain by Abigail Roux
Best M/M Contemporary Books of 2014
157th out of 333 books — 406 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~ ~ ~

THE BEST BOOK I’VE READ ALL YEAR!

Wow, that’s a pretty big statement to make, isn’t it? But if it’s true, it’s true. Ms. Castle took her characters and her storyline from Chance Assassin My Review Here, made them more damaged, more fragmented, more cracked, and then she doused them with even more of the peculiar and hilarious depravity that she alone can dispense. Every page, every line, was pure entertainment.

DEPRAVED IMMORAL DEBAUCHED
OBSCENE DECADENT ROMANCE
DYSFUNCTIONAL

THE
Lena♥Ribka
Feb 09, 2015 Lena♥Ribka rated it did not like it
Shelves: assassins, dnf

DNF at 24%

So...after I gave this book the second chance....
Now it is officially:
I won't try it the third time.
You should pay me for it.

I liked the first book, Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder. A lot. Up to the 85%.
The rest 15% pissed me off.

I am not going to read a book that consists EXACTLY of the story that I DIDN'T LIKE AT ALL. I had a feeling, the author took these 15% from the first book, added more strange characters-as if it was already not enough!-and deepened the mos
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
So...I don't know. Look, I loved the first one, even though it was disturbing, I really really liked it and I would recommend it.
This one, sigh...I knew with the retirement that there would be issues between Frank and V, and I was prepared for that, prepared for them to not be what they once were or trying to figure out where to go from there, but what I was not prepared for was Bella.
Bella is a selfish, immature, soul-sucking witch, I spent the first fifty percent of the book hoping someone wou
Aimee ~is busy sleeping~
Dec 12, 2015 Aimee ~is busy sleeping~ rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2stars
Leaving this unrated for now. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, and I really wanted to love this too. So, am sad to say this was only disappointing to me. I struggled heavily for the first half of the book. I wanted way more action, for some interesting things to actually happen. But what really killed my remaining interest was how much page time the MF couple got in this book- I liked their brief appearances in the first book, but here they seemed like different characters to me. I just ...more
S. Hart
I have to say that I’m surprised by both Miss Castle, and myself when I read her work. If anybody had told me before the Chance Assassin series that I would end up adoring two sociopathic murderers, I would just worry about them. But, it’s happened.

Unlike the first book, the sequel picks up at a point in Frank and V’s relationship where not everything is perfect. They couldn’t be doing worse after retiring from the life of assassins, and to make their situation more fun they end up having to de
Shelley
Apr 23, 2014 Shelley marked it as to-read
Holy Shit! It's here, it's finally here!!!

Well, not quite, but soooon.

photo f2cf75a5-e6e9-4b35-852b-8e63cf0acd0e_zps5711ff1c.jpg
The Novel Approach Reviews
Jul 04, 2014 The Novel Approach Reviews rated it it was amazing
If Martin Scorsese and Quentin Tarantino got married and made a filthy mouthed word baby, I’m almost certain it would come out looking like Les Recidivists, book two in the Chance Assassin series.

Les Rec scores another huge win for author Nicole Castle, as this installment reads something like a quirky family comedy—if by comedy it means the quirky family exists in a perfectly balanced union between committing mass murder and trying to avoid being executed in the most heinous possible way. Somet
M
Good gad, what an awful book. It was infuriating. I made it up to 60% before I threw in the towel. Bella is the worst female character I have ever read and everything I loved about the first book was conspicuously absent. Lena_Ribka said everything I wanted to say about this godawful mess. Read her review if you loved the first book and want to know why you shouldn't read this one.
SueC
Apr 18, 2014 SueC added it
Do you remember this little darling?
description

Well, book two is just around the corner. Woot!

We'll have more info at The Blog soon. :)
Tharayn
Oct 19, 2014 Tharayn rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

The blurb is missleading, the book is not about Vincent and Frank, but about Casey and Bella.

Who are, to put it with Bella's words, plain fucking boring.

I did loved (loved, loved LOVED) Chance Assassin and was really happy to read, that the author would write a sequel. Now I kinda wish, I wouldn't have read this, because the book was really disappointing.
While I like Casey, I find him to less interesting for a bigger story. He is the nice sidecharacter who you like, when he appears, bu
Vicky
Aug 31, 2016 Vicky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Actually I was disappointed. Not that it was not interesting, it's just... not what I had expected. There was too little Frank-and-Vincent-time for my taste.

When I read the book description, I didn't know Frank and Vincent would not be the main focus in this book. It felt like only one-third of the story was about Frank and Vincent, the story was mainly about Casey and Bella instead. And unfortunately I'm not interested in either of them.
Alison
DNF.

I LOVED the first book. What the hell happened here?

I HATE Bella. I HATE Casey. I could give two shits about either of them, let alone their "love story".

I came for the depravity, sex, and love between Frank and Vincent, and at this point, they think/talk about sex more than we actually see any on the page.

I'm bored and I don't care about what the author clearly thinks is the real story of book 2.

I've been told that if you make it to the 50% mark, it gets better, but who has time for this sh
Avon Gale
Nov 08, 2015 Avon Gale rated it it was amazing
I could have sworn I wrote a review for this book when I first read it, but now I can't find it. And that means I'm just going to have to read it again so that I can write another review :D OH NO. So until then, I'm just leaving this up here.

Listen Nicole Castle could write some random words on a piece of paper and I would be all over it. Auto-buy author for me, and I know I'm getting edgy, darkly funny, hot as hell, and brilliant writing in whatever it is she writes.
Kaesha Teague
Nov 03, 2014 Kaesha Teague rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Kaesha by: S. Hart
A different weaving than the first, with a wider array of character voices and a deeper view into the violent world of the professional hitman. glorious in its telling even if some characters voices were a bit drowned out by others (then again... I'm such a fan of Vincent that i find myself skipping ahead to his parts when i reread this one, i adore that vain little brat! so i guess that may make me biased on that note...) anyways if you enjoyed the first book then you should immediately read ...more
Aamramal
Jul 27, 2014 Aamramal rated it it was amazing
Très ingénieux!!!
Lila
Jan 28, 2015 Lila added it
Shelves: dnf
I had to DNF this one.. It headed toward direction I personally didn't care for, it's just more satirical and silly read. I love Castle at her darkest..like she did in Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder or Greatest Hits.

Bring on the assassins!

description
Crochetamommy
Aug 01, 2014 Crochetamommy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-reads
really enjoyed reading this book, very well thought out and detailed characters and plot. way funny quirks and surprising twists and turns! would definitely read again! different than the first book, but just as wonderful to me.
Crystal
Jun 19, 2016 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Frank and Vincent remind me of my husband and myself. He is tall and dark, shy, uncertain around others, awkward and far more sweet and romantic than other people think. I'm impulsive, explosive, rather spoiled, and proud. Everyone assumes I'm the one in charge, but it's largely because he is content to let me have my way, only putting his foot down when it's important... or fun. ;)
But, enough over-sharing about my love life, this book was another fun glimpse into the bloody, violent lives of pr
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Sep 26, 2014 ♣️ Lynda ♣️ rated it it was ok
Is it wrong of me to wish Bella had gotten shot and Deaglan remained alive? This book was entirely too hard to get through considering how much I loved the first one. Too much Casey and Bella! I don't think I'll be giving the next ones a chance unless they get some awesome reviews.
Sammyd
Aug 13, 2015 Sammyd rated it it was amazing
WOW....what a wacky freaky fun read!!!!
dark but so so funny can't wait to see what more fun and trouble these two get up to.....
Trix
Denise White
Jan 08, 2016 Denise White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying this series!

I am so enjoying this series...I love all the characters..I like this book because u hear the voices of all characters and their take if what's going on... Vincent and Casey are my favorites....Vincent with his humor and Casey with his innocence...and please let's not forget about Bella!! Off to book 3!!!
Louann
Apr 02, 2016 Louann rated it it was ok
I really, really want to give Les Recidivists book 5-stars. In fact it probably would have been a 5-star read for me. However, between the amount of time spent in Bella and Casey’s POV, skimming at least half the book because of the amount of time spent in Bella and Casey’s POV, and the on page M/F sex, I just can’t. While I still enjoyed the moments spent in Frank and Vincent’s POV, they just weren’t enough. Especially when quite a few of their POVs were spent focusing on Bella on Casey as ...more
Alina
Oct 29, 2014 Alina marked it as to-read
Okay I purchased this book, even though I've read the reviews and I really didn't like Bella and the other sidecharacters, that were introduced near the end of the first book. I just love Frank and V so much, that I'll try to skip over and read only their parts, because I have no interest in MF romance, Bella and Casey and all that jazz. But for Frank and V I'll try! And hopefully the next two sequels will be more focused on them, than on some totally uninteresting secondary characters *fingers ...more
Melissa
Jun 05, 2016 Melissa rated it it was ok
I really can't believe how much I loved the first book and this one I so did NOT love! It's like two different authors wrote them. None of the easy, witty dialogue. There was major repetition of the first book. It was filled with the MF romance between Bella and Casey which I never bought into. Very little Frank and V. I did not buy into the story at all and just found it to be long and irritating. It did not turn the corner enough at 50% to bump up to even 3 stars for me. At this point I don't ...more
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
I loved the first installment of this series. I felt it was a quirky look at a teenager's life-changing encounter with an assassin. The straight forward non-traditionalness of it worked so well for me. With Les Recidivists, Nicole Castle attacked the daunting task of continuing with their adventures. I think she did a fine job even if it was missing the ease that made me love and defend the first book so much.
Det
Jan 17, 2015 Det rated it liked it
I think everything has been said by others about Bella, yeah I don't like her too hence the 3 stars were for the very few moments of Vincent and Frank. ^_^
Erin
Mar 02, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, killers
First half of the book took me forever. Too much Bella, she's such a bitch. But the second half picked up and was enjoyable.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Disassembled Life of Duncan Cole
  • The Love of Wicked Men: Season One
  • Breakdown (Don't..., #3)
  • The Impetuous Afflictions of Jonathan Wolfe (Troubles of Love #2)
  • Full Disclosure (Hollywood #3)
  • Grif's Toy (Tease and Denial, #1)
  • Objects in the Rearview Mirror (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths #2)
  • Missing
  • If At First You Don't Succeed
  • Inch by Inch (The Professor's Rule, #3)
  • The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors
  • Another Man's Treasure
  • Bodies in Space
  • Just Business (Takeover, #2)
  • Freedom
Nicole Castle was raised in New Mexico. She now lives in Oregon. Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder is her first book.

You can reach her on Goodreads or Facebook, as well as view Frank and Vincent's continued adventures at:
More about Nicole Castle...

Chance Assassin (3 books)
  • Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder (Chance Assassin, #1)
  • The Inauspicious List (Chance Assassin, #3)

“That was what made Vincent so perfect. His raison d'être. He was feminine to the point of being non-threatening, and masculine enough to prove Frank was homosexual after all. Not to mention obscenely beautiful.” 2 likes
“Fortunately for Alan’s sake, Frank preferred beauty over age so I had no need to defend my territory.” 0 likes