Start by marking “Miss Fanshawe and the Great Dragon Adventure” as Want to Read:
Miss Fanshawe and the Great Dragon Adventure

Miss Fanshawe and the Great Dragon Adventure

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Relates how the intrepid explorer, Miss Harriet Fanshawe, discovers a dragon and her egg in distant Patagonia and brings them back to England. The reader is led through the adventure by Miss Fanshawe's parrot who gives clues on how to manipulate the book.
Published April 1st 1987 by St Martins Pr

To ask other readers questions about Miss Fanshawe and the Great Dragon Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Fanshawe and the Great Dragon Adventure

Wendy
Oct 16, 2014 Wendy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya-mg
Oh, I remember this, from when I was very young! It's a brilliantly illustrated picture book about a classy Victorian-era lady naturalist who travels into a cave in Patagonia in search of dragons. If anyone knows where I can find a copy in the US, please let me know!
Bev
I wish there was a 6 star rating I could give this, or even a 10. The story is charming, but the illustrations are stupendous.
Katherine
What a fabulous picture book! As Miss Fanshawe journeys toward the center of the earth in her Hot Air Balloon, subtle die-cuts hint at the many fascinating things to come (eg. a fearsome orange eye-ball turns out to be the pattern on the wing of a giant moth). The richness of the illustrations and the wealth of detail within each one make this book a pleasure to read time after time.
Erin
This is one of my all-time favorite children's books! The illustrations are unlike anything I've seen, and Harriett Fanshawe is a fun, empowering character. This title can be difficult to find-I searched for a copy for years, and finally found one @ www.alibris.com It is also available on Amazon, but is somewhat pricey. I suggest checking your local library : )
babyhippoface
babyhippoface marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
Dec 21, 2014
Maggi Idzikowski
Maggi Idzikowski marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Alwyn Hamilton
Alwyn Hamilton marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Kayli
Kayli marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Darcy Beech
Darcy Beech marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Khalil
Khalil marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Olivia_kids
Olivia_kids marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Emilee
Emilee marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Hilary
Hilary added it
Jun 02, 2012
The Flyaway Pantaloons The Great Round The World Balloon Race Miss Harriets Ballonfahrt um die Welt The Flyaway Pantaloons, Set Freya and the Magic Cloak