Start by marking “Shawls and Scarves: The Best of Knitter's Magazine” as Want to Read:
Shawls and Scarves: The Best of Knitter's Magazine

Shawls and Scarves: The Best of Knitter's Magazine

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Readers' persistent cries for reprints of out-of-print back issues and the enduring appeal of shawls and scarves has prompted Knitter's Magazine to meet the demand. The Best of Knitter's Magazine: Shawls and Scarves begins with the history of shawls. Knitter's introduces the reader to the techniques of shawl-making with clearly illustrated how-to's. The book features patte ...more
Published January 1st 1999 by Xrx Books

To ask other readers questions about Shawls and Scarves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shawls and Scarves

Kathy
This is another one of my favorite knitting books. The author starts with a little history about shawls, some tips on designing, and then there are the patterns. She covers lace, Shetland, Faroese, circular, triangular, rectangular, as well as other topics and ideas and a pattern for a scarf, hat, and mittens. The book is full of diagrams and beautiful, big, colorful pictures of the finished apparel.
Max
I absolutely love this book! Eugen Beugler's "Lace Dream" Stole was worth buying the entire book alone. I have borrowed a few of the lace patterns to use in designing some of my own shawls, scarves, etc. This is also where I first heard of author, Myrna Stahman, whom I have met on line and consider a good friend. This book is a valuable resource to me. I highly recommend it.
Mary
This book has beautiful lace work shawls and other types of shawls. I would love to try and make them, but it would use an abbreviation like SK2P and say see page 100. I went there, and it wasn't there. So not sure what I am supposed to do. Returning the book and will look at it some other time.
Lily
This book has beautiful photographs of the finished objects and the patterns are well laid out.

Patterns are given in both charted and written-out formats and many of the yarns used are still available.
Cindy
difficulty level seems pretty high on these, but many of them are truly beautiful. Not for good for a quick project, though.
Danielle
Several interesting techniques, including different orders of operations for shawls with knitted-on borders.
Ooh, Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi Shawl!
Helen
Has many gorgeous patterns.
Judith
great knitting reference book
Linda
Full of pretty patterns.
scrivenatrix
scrivenatrix marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Momoffive
Momoffive marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Cynthia Christie
Cynthia Christie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Alla Salova
Alla Salova marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
  • Domino Knitting
  • The Knitting Experience: Book 2: The Purl Stitch
  • New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One
  • Sensational Knitted Socks
Tweed: More Than 20 Contemporary Designs to Knit Information Literacy and Information Skills Instruction: Applying Research to Practice in the 21st Century School Library A Passion for Knitting: Step-by-Step Illustrated Techniques, Easy Contemporary Patterns, and Essential Resources for Becoming Part of the World of Knitting The Secret Colors of God Knitting and Crocheting (Barnes and Noble Basics)