Start by marking “Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success” as Want to Read:
Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success

Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success

Woman UP! is the go-to resource for women who want to finally get out of their own way and get ahead in their careers. Author Aimee Cohen s passionate approach is like combining your best girlfriend and an elite career expert in a powerful purse-sized package! Her insights are a product of more than 20 years of experience and a nearly 100% success rate helping hundreds of ...more
Hardcover
Published June 24th 2014 by Morgan James Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Woman Up!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman Up!

Trisa
Sep 22, 2014 Trisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a free copy of Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success through Goodreads First Reads.

Woman Up! is a quick and easy read that offers a lot of practical wisdom women (and even men) can use to improve their chances of landing a job and getting promoted. So, what are the seven deadly sins that commonly sabotage the success of most women? Cohen refers to them as follows:
1. Kindness Conundrum
2. Competency Curse
3. Perfectionism Prison
4. Affirmation Addiction
Kendall Daley
Sep 24, 2014 Kendall Daley rated it it was amazing
I was a first reads winner for this book and I was so happy to receive this book!! It is so motivational and inspiring. I am currently a full time student working part time at a job whose function is only to give me some cash. This book really helped me for my future career! Hopefully I can use what I have learned reading this book to help me be successful in my future career!
Katie
Oct 13, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a signed copy of this book from a goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. And I honestly think it is amazing.

Woman UP! is a quick and helpful read, written in an engaging voice that feels less like reading and more like a conversation. Cohen has years of experience in both public speaking and one-on-one consultations about business help, and she uses that experience to make the book more engaging.

Cohen writes a list of what she believes are the seven deadly sins of busine
Jackie
Oct 22, 2014 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is an excellent book to help anyone stop self-sabotaging behavior. It's in an easy to read format and keeps you engaged with stories of women who have made these "7 deadly sins" in their professional career. If you are looking to make changes to reach your full potential this book is for you.
Jamie Christensen
Nov 04, 2014 Jamie Christensen rated it liked it
Shelves: business
The quotes were the best part of this book -- and the opening quote will stick with me always -- "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" -- Madeline Albright. Quick read, and something I would recommend at least skimming.
Morag Barrett
Nov 22, 2014 Morag Barrett rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book and recognized several of the deadly sins as being mine! I would recommend this to others, Aimee includes practical suggestions for overcoming each of the 7 deadly sins. I'll be applying several of them in the coming weeks!
Mimi
Apr 13, 2015 Mimi rated it it was amazing
Super smart advice, she nails it on the head! Just wish I had known this earlier, but better now than never.
p.s. I've met Aimee in person, and seen her lead career decision classes. She's simply amazing!
Adam Cohen
Adam Cohen rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Tasashia Mccormick
Tasashia Mccormick rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2016
Nakisha Farquharson
Nakisha Farquharson rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2015
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2015
Adam Cohen
Adam Cohen rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Xuyennguyen
Xuyennguyen rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Katrina Mcghee
Katrina Mcghee rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Dania
Dania rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Janine Brouillette
Janine Brouillette rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Brianna
Brianna rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Raquel
Raquel rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Jana
Jun 17, 2014 Jana rated it liked it
An easy read with some practical suggestions.
Lauren Zeman
Lauren Zeman rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Pragya
Pragya rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
  • Leadership: Research Findings, Practice, and Skills
  • Healthy You Diet
  • Miss Manners Minds Your Business
  • Overcoming Fake Talk: How to Hold Real Conversations That Create Respect, Build Relationships, and Get Results
  • Leading Quietly: An Unorthodox Guide to Doing the Right Thing
  • Greater Than Yourself: The Ultimate Lesson of True Leadership
  • Like My Mother Always Said...: Wise Words, Witty Warnings, and Odd Advice We Never Forget
  • Shine: Using Brain Science to Get the Best from Your People
  • Divine Alignment
  • The Smarter Screen: Surprising Ways to Influence and Improve Online Behavior
  • The Truth About Retirement Plans and IRAs
  • The Spirit of Kaizen: Creating Lasting Excellence One Small Step at a Time
  • Uncommon Service: How to Win by Putting Customers at the Core of Your Business
  • Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World
  • Be All You Can Be
  • The Well-Spoken Woman: Your Guide to Looking and Sounding Your Best
  • Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking
  • Management Challenges for the 21st Century
Aimee Cohen (1968- ) was born in New York City and grew up in Evanston, Illinois. She attended Boston University, graduated from the University of Michigan, lived in Spain, and has traveled extensively throughout Europe and the Middle East. She started Cohen Career Consulting in 1998, is a contributing writer for the Denver Business Journal (DBJ), and has appeared as a career and women's issues ...more
More about Aimee Cohen...

“Saying sorry too much is an anchor on your upward mobility.” 2 likes
“Is there really such a thing as perfection? Of course not! It's a myth, a vicious rumor.” 0 likes