Start by marking “Red Cell (Rogue Warrior, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Cell (Rogue Warrior, #2)

Red Cell (Rogue Warrior #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,259 ratings  ·  28 reviews
According to Marcinko, following the publication of his bestselling autobiography Rogue Warrior , he was forbidden to reveal any more secrets about SEAL or other defense activities; so he has taken to fiction to continue his story. The novel's cynical, coarse, egotistical, irreverent and bloody hero (also named Dick Marcinko) is involuntarily recalled to his old rank as Na...more
Published March 1st 1994 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Red Cell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Cell

Benjamin King
I read the first Rogue Warrior book when it came out years ago, so my memory of it is vague, but I think it was non-fiction. In this one, Marcinko and his ghost writer John Weisman tell a "might have happened" tale in which the Rogue Warrior is put back on active duty for ambiguous reasons. It's a classic plot of chase and capture and delayed revelation - the only two real plots for any action story. I had personal contact with a real Navy SEAL for years, and so the military jargon and the brava...more
D.L. Thomas
I thought this was incredibly fun to read. I like the first-person style. Marcinko is just such an appealing character, and I was always looking forward to whatever he was going to do next. I will definitely be reading more in the series.
Pat
Why is this guy so appealing and fun to read about?
Larger than life hero.
Good story.
War games, stolen weapons.
Ricky
And now the fiction starts...but it's damn good fiction. Awesomely action-packed and incredibly irreverent, so it's not to be missed.
Robert
My first Rogue Warrior book. I liked it. I've only been able to acquire abridged versions of Marcinko's books and I don't like those versions. I'm also on the fence whether I really like Marcinko performing the narration. He has a way about him that seems to compliment the writing, but I wonder if it would have been better with an experienced narrator. I may listen to one or two more abridged versions to get a better feel for his character, but I'd much rather find unabridged copies as I said.
Tristax
Unlike the first book that was a true story, this one is purely fiction and not even good fiction. I read it when I was 16 so maybe it's not as bad a I remembered but knowing Marcinko personally, I had hoped to see him continue with real events and stories. Being the son of "Gold Dust Frank" from the first book, I knew there was plenty more he could of went on about in a second book. My guess is he took a lot of flak from NAVSPECWAR after the first and decided against it.
Jfarley
Marcinko, thought writing the same book over and over, makes for a great afternoon... although you have to wash your mouth out with soap,etc afterwards.

He's so manly, there is hair on this book.
Linda
This one was the best of the series. Though is work is "fictional" ... he makes sure you know it really isn't (he's just tweaked some names or locations to avoid going back to jail).
Mandie
apparently he got in trouble with the last book because of some "Military secrets" or whatnot so marcinko went to writing novels instead. Still funny and still good.
Abe
What an awesome book. I know this book is "fiction" but is it really real? It is an amazing story, true or not, with a brilliant ending.
Andrew Spangler
Not bad.. a fictionalized sequel to the first Rogue Warrior. A little dry and forced at times, but certainly entertaining.
Thom
I gave it a star even though I didn't want to...because Marcinko could probably find me and kill me.
Fred Malpass
This was just awful. Just a book full of posturing and tiny dick swinging, not worth the time for sure.
Suzanne
This book just pulled me in and I was completely enthralled by all that he wrote.
wally
lots of action, shooting, probably some drinking or two. very entertaining read!
Jill
I didn't find this book as enjoybable as the first Rogue Warrior book or Green Team.
Corinne
Good book. Not my favorite by Marcinko - but good none the less.
Jason
Excellent book,i read it in 2001 my favorite from Demo Dick
Joe
Interesting look into the history of The Navy Seals.
Marlon
Sophomore book in the series. Definitely cheesy.
Micheal Childress
Great action. Helped me stay awake on night shift
Harry Diamond
Action packed but too much usless bad language
Lloyd
Feb 15, 2008 Lloyd rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: war
One of the worst books I've ever read
Jon
Not as good as I was hoping for.
Susan
One of my favorite badass characters!
Steve
Rogue Warrior
  • The Kremlin Device (Geordie Sharp, #3)
  • Delta Force: The Army's Elite Counterterrorist Unit
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • Shadows of Steel (Patrick McLanahan, #5)
  • 1985
  • Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit
  • Bloodbrothers
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Het theater, de brief en de waarheid: een tegenspraak
  • Erken mij
  • Celtic Myths and Legends (Myths of the World)
  • Mission Compromised (Peter Newman, #1)
  • The Undutchables: An Observation of the Netherlands: Its Culture and Its Inhabitants
  • God's Children (Nathan Dixon, #1)
  • Death Wave (Deep Black, #9)
  • Nimitz Class (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #1)
  • The Lieutenants (Brotherhood of War, #1)
Richard Marcinko is the author of the Rogue Warrior thrillers and is a living, breathing hero honored with the silver star and four bronze stars for valor, along with two Navy Commendation medals and other honors. After serving in Vietnam, he went on to start and command SEAL Team 6, the Navy's anti-terrorist group, and Red Cell, a high-level anti-terrorist unit. Marcinko keeps his hand in the fie...more
More about Richard Marcinko...
Rogue Warrior Green Team (Rogue Warrior, #3) Task Force Blue (Rogue Warrior, #4) Designation Gold (Rogue Warrior, #5) Seal Force Alpha