Start by marking “No, Silly!” as Want to Read:
No, Silly!

No, Silly!

Would you like to sleep on a cookie or eat a book? No, Silly! playfully embraces a toddler’s exploration of classic childhood activities.

What do you like to do? This interactive, playful picture book invites toddlers to join the fun as they identify which activities are “right” (learning letters, playing with trucks) and which are “wrong” (riding on beds, sleeping on cooki
Published February 3rd 2015 by Beach Lane Books (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about No, Silly!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No, Silly!

Laurie Brumbaugh
The illustrations in this book are cute, but dated. One glance and I'd think this book was from the 1990s, not 2015. HOWEVER, it is a great read! I can't wait to try it out in storytime. I think that it's interactive and short enough for my toddlers, and that preschoolers would especially get a kick out of it.

Basically, the characters in the book list things they like, starting with the places the bear likes to sleep. They each list three regular things, and then a fourth ridiculous thing - like
Hallie Jackson
Nov 29, 2016 Hallie Jackson rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
3.5 stars.
Michelle McBeth
Aug 05, 2015 Michelle McBeth rated it really liked it
SUMMARY: Three friends talk about silly situations they imagine such as sleeping on cookies or eating books.

ILLUSTRATIONS: The pictures were created in oil paint. They are soft, colorful, fun and full of smiles.

REVIEW: What I like about this book is it teaches young children about the difference between real and pretend. The story invites interaction from the listener who can say, "No, Silly," every time an imaginary situation is shown. The book shows real situations first, "I like to sleep in m
Miss Sarah
Mar 07, 2016 Miss Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: bedtime, silly
I really liked this book about several different animals naming all the things they like to do. Each one has a certain refrain of a I like to read, ride or play and then a silly thing at the end of there five or so things that doesn't fit the category. cute ending to where all the animals are featured going to bed.
Amy
Mar 24, 2015 Amy added it
Shelves: j-picture-books
The illustrations are bland and amateurish, but I thought the main conceit (animals doing something wrong, which prompts the refrain, "No, silly!") might make it a fun storytime read. Even though I didn't love the illustrations, I'll probably get it for my library based on its appeal as a read-aloud.
Sandra Guerfi
Feb 04, 2015 Sandra Guerfi rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book is about a couple of friends talking about what they like to eat, drink, read, etc, but once in a while one of them says something silly. Eg., I like to eat books! No Silly! Perfect for younger toddlers. Kid's loved it.
Erin
Apr 08, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
Cute, simple book of things you do when you're a toddler. Also includes several things that toddlers like to joke about doing when they actually do the opposite.

Good for toddler storytimes.
Barbara
Jun 29, 2015 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: story-time
Going to be a fun addition to a story time. Not exactly stand alone book, but good one for crowd participation.
Cassie
Simple and quick with a good refrain and a conceit that'll make it a good participatory read-aloud. Didn't blow me away, but I know it'll work well with the toddler crowd.
Amy
Mar 13, 2015 Amy rated it liked it
Great for an introduction to humor/what's not right type of situations for toddlers and young preschoolers. Nice, simple text.
Daphne
Love the refrain and the silly examples. I can already hear little voices correcting me in storytime!
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2015
Emily Vander Ark
Emily Vander Ark rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Wendy Kuzma
Wendy Kuzma rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Jacqui
Jacqui rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Annamarie Carlson
Annamarie Carlson rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Sara Lemonade
Sara Lemonade rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Sioma
Sioma rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Amanda Hamilton
Amanda Hamilton rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Stella
Stella rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Mary Luzader
Mary Luzader rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Bonny
Bonny rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Kerri Hall
Kerri Hall rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015