Start by marking “Ke Sarang Penyelundup (Lima Sekawan, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ke Sarang Penyelundup (Lima Sekawan, #4)

Ke Sarang Penyelundup (Famous Five #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,689 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Petualangan KEEMPAT mereka yang seru dan mengasyikkan!

Benarkah masih ada penyelundup di sarang penyelundup? Lima sekawan pergi berlibur di sebuah rumah tua dan menemukan tempat-tempat persembunyian rahasia serta lorong-lorong bawah tanah! Mereka juga melihat beberapa orang mengirimkan sinyal-sinyal rahasia ke laut...

Siapakah para penyelundup ini sebenarnya?
Published 1997 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1942)

To ask other readers questions about Ke Sarang Penyelundup, please sign up.

Aude No, you have to borrow it or purchase it elsewhere. This site is for reviewing only.

Namratha
Sep 20, 2008 Namratha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
One of the few Famous Fives where the wondrous meals took a back-seat! Smuggler’s Top however, atop the mist-shrouded Castaway Hill more than made up for the absence of 'lashings' of delicious food.

The adventure starts off with the Five heading off to Kirrin for another glorious vacation. But a terrible gale puts a damper in plans. It uproots a massive ash tree that crashes on to Kirrin Cottage. Four active kids, an excitable dog, a house badly in need of repairs and an irritable Uncle Quentin.
Paul
Jan 26, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jean
I loved the "Famous Five" books when I was a child. Now I have a very different view.

First of all let me say they are great as adventure stories. They describe kids having an active outdoor life - and generally getting mixed up in something exciting. This sounds just like the sort of books we should be encouraging children (who nowadays are potential couch/computer potatoes) to read. And generally I would encourage all types of reading - comics, interactive books, whatever. But since there is su
Jenny George
Jun 02, 2016 Jenny George rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-and-have
5 stars
Adventures always come to the Adventurous-Enid Blyton The quote from this book sums up the whole series!

(view spoiler)

I was thrilled the whole book and Ms.
Wesley Possible
Oct 15, 2012 Wesley Possible rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four children and their dog have gone to stay with their Uncle’s friend, only to discover mysterious goings on during their stay. A flashing light in the middle of the night leads them on an adventure to pursue a group of smuggler’s in the area, an adventure which deepens with the disappearances of their Uncle and their close friend. With unsuspecting twists, the children investigate the goings on and get to the bottom of this thrilling encounter.

The highlights of this book was the unexpected tw
Chloe Devenish
Jun 15, 2015 Chloe Devenish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a good book. I liked it because there is so much adventure. I like the way Timmy always stays on guard no matter what happens. Even though he is separated from Georgina, (George) he still helps Uncle Quentin as though he is his Master.
V. Briceland
Things get off to a cold and windy start in this fourth installment of the Famous Five series, as the four chums (plus Timmy!) arrive in the country for holls only to discover that Kirrin Cottage is not only cold, but battered by wind! "It's awfully cold!" opines sweet Anne, "and windy!" Anne, of course, will make a man a good little housewife some day. "It's the wind," says Aunt Fanny, who is already a good little housewife, "making it cold!" Julian, however, who is a tall, strong boy with tall ...more
Sylvester
This was a dramatized audiobook, short and enjoyable, even for an adult - or at least an immature one, as in my case. As a kid, I would've loved it. Lots of unsupervised adventure - what kid doesn't like that?
Dani Noviandi
Mar 13, 2013 Dani Noviandi rated it it was amazing
Kali ini liburan paskah. Lima sekawan kembali berlibur di Kirrin untuk menyambut petualangan mereka berikutnya, setelah tiga petualngan sebelumnya yang sangat mendebarkan. Saat itu musim semi, di Kirrin angin berhembus sangat kencangnya, sehingga liburan anak-anak kacau balau. Penyebab liburan mereka berantakan ialah adanya pohon tumbang yang menimpa rumah George! Kamar anak-anak berantakan, mereka pun hampir menjadi korban, terbayang sudah liburan mereka yang gagal dan mereka pun terancam untuk ...more
Kirsti
Nov 13, 2011 Kirsti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Five go to smuggler's top" was actually one of the last Five books I read, even though it is number 4 in the series. It was hard to find a copy originally, and I had to make do with a more modern publication than some of the others I own.

What starts off as a lovely easter holidays at Kirrin soon turns into adventure, with a large tree hitting the house making it impossible for the children to stay there. They are packed off to stay with a friend of Uncle Quentin's, and his son, a boy Julian and
Habibah
Dec 08, 2013 Habibah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another trip into my childhood :) and I enjoyed every minute of it. The five are staying in an old house where the discover secret passages and underground tunnels (a must for children 8 years plus). Are there really smugglers at Smugglers Top? Who's behind the signalling, the kidnapping and all the weird goings on?

In a town which is cut off from the rest of the world, the Famous five must go on a spooky adventure to solve the mystery of smugglers top.
This book can be used I the classroom for g
^
Smugglers, trusting parents, tunnels, baddies with appropriate names such as ‘Block’… this is what childhood is all about. For an adult this is hardly demanding reading; but it does bring back happy childhood memories of the picnics we ate (an awful lot of hard-boiled eggs … which nowadays might be viewed as a cholesterol risk!) and the games of adventure and tremendous imagination we used to play outdoors after reading books such as those in the Famous Five series. I don’t care how good compute ...more
Nikki
Aha! The first adventure away from Kirrin. By now the "George is/could be separated from Timmy" plot is getting a little old, as is the Timmy-ex-machina. It's fun story if you haven't read the others recently, I suppose, and there's more secret passageways and Uncle Quentin getting into trouble... It's more of the same, of course: nostalgia for the simplicity of childhood, plus children knowing better than adults, plus mysteries and secret passageways and at the end a friendly policeman coming a ...more
Emily Read
Really needed the comfort of childhood and this was the perfect fit. Such a lovely story and reading it feels very much like a warm bath after a long day.
Sunshine
Jan 26, 2016 Sunshine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what an adventure! Goodness, when Five Go To Smugglers Top they really go to Smugglers Top! The usual gang plus plenty of new friends and some jolly awful wrong 'uns! I had this book read to me...with all the glorious voices!!!
Les Wilson
Feb 13, 2015 Les Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Fancied a touch of nostalgia and wasn't disappointed. Still enjoyed it 60+ years on.
Lyn-Marie Norton
Reading this with my 9yr old. I don't think I read this one as a child so we were both gripped by the mystery-we had two theories about the mysterious Block and couldn't wait to see if we were right.
My daughter loved it and proclaimed it a 5 star book.
I'm a little more discerning and found the setting a bit odd as well as a house positively riddled with secret passages. One room had a massive pit below it yet no one knew-would it not be echoey, or draughty?
Two people being missing but there bein
Carina
The Famous Five books, like a lot of childrens books tend to have a predictable plot. However whilst you know that the Five will succeed and have a fun time while they are at it the plots themselves aren't so eye rollingly obvious.

This was very much the case with this book, you know from the title that smugglers are going to be involved in some form but the manner in which they are involved is very different from what you would expect.

It is also rather refreshing for the Five to be away from Kir
Dan. Thompson
Five Go to Smuggler's Top is a fine tale, and a brilliant addition to the series so far! It is sort of an amalgamation of the previous instalments: secret tunnels, funny goings on, smugglers, hidden passageways ... but Blyton ups the violence in this one, which is great. It is completely suitable for children to read, but it has a dark atmosphere, which heightens the tension and increases the thrill of the adventure.

It is the first time we properly leave the usual setting we've become accustomed
Thomas
Nov 22, 2015 Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The famous five are once again in the middle of an action packed adventure. Old tunnels and secret staircases maybe a good play area but it is also a good hideaway for smugglers....
Richard Ward
Tomboy George, her three cousins, and her dog Timmy are joined this time by a new friend. He's a boy, a school chum or theirs, and is called Sooty because of his dark hair and complexion. He lives at Smuggler's Top with a sister, a grumpy dad, and a deaf butler. So off the Famous Five go to spend their Easter hols having adventures, including foiling the evil schemes of a ring of smugglers. As a libertarian, I always object whenever smuggling is assumed to be a crime, as in my mind smuggling is ...more
Henrik Schunk
Lavinia
Nov 25, 2014 Lavinia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Five (Anne, George, Julian, Dick and Timmy the dog) are back on an adventure again! Now they've gone to their friend's house, a house full of secrets - Smuggler's Top...

There seems to be some signalling going on, and some kidnapping and smuggling. But who kidnapped Sooty and Uncle Quentin? Was it Block, the weird servant of Mr. Lenoir, Sooty's father? Was it Mr. Barling, a well-known smuggler? Or was it Mr. Lenoir himself? There are a lot of bad men to choose from as you get further into the
Jan
May 09, 2014 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the Blyton books as a child. My friends and I would stage "adventures"
based on the books. Like Doctor Dolittle, these books sadly reflect the times in which they were written. Sexism and racism do appear and should be edited to reflect our raised consciousness. I also have read about Blyton's personal life and persona. Although disappointing, I still have wonderful memories of time spent with her books. More absorbing and inspiring than the overall "chick lit" favorite, Nancy Drew. As a ki
Chris12
I read the first Famous Five when I was child, it was a great series of books, I love it so much.
It is a great book. A book about adventure with four children and their dog have gone to stay with their Uncle’s friend, discovering mysterious things during their holiday.
They explored a lot of places and discovered a lot of things. The most memorable adventure is when they passed through the creepy and dark long tunnel, through the tunnel they went into different rooms. There was even a big insect
Priskila
Petualangan keempat Lima Sekawan!

Liburan kali ini Lima Sekawan kembali ke berlibur ke rumah Paman Quentin dan Bibi Fanny. Sayangnya bencana alam menimbulkan kekacauan di Pondok Kirrin, mengakibatkan Lima Sekawan harus pindah ke rumah kenalan Paman Quentin di Bukit Buangan, tepatnya Sarang Penyelundup. Mendengar nama rumah itu tentunya kelima sahabat kita ini tertarik dan semangat untuk memulai petualangan baru di Sarang Penyelundup. Payahnya Timmy tidak boleh ikut serta...

Buku keempat ini tidak
Eugenia
Oct 11, 2015 Eugenia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel-buku-anak
Seperti biasa, selalu suka petualangan Lima Sekawan yang penuh kejutan.
Kali ini, mereka bertualang di Sarang Penyelundup, dekat-dekat Bukit Buangan. Hmm..bahkan dari namanya saja aroma petualangan sudah tercium. Hihi ...

Cerita diawali dengan angin ribut yang sukses menjatuhkan pohon besar menimpa pondok kirrin. Mau tak mau, Lima Sekawan yang baru tiba harus mengungsi. Beruntung, ada tawaran dari teman Paman Quentin yang tinggal di Sarang Penyelundup. Petualangan pun dimulai.

Bukan hanya namanya y
Williesun
3.5 stars I guess. Not that it matters much outside of my head. Anyway.

I read this one in German as it was the only copy I had and also couldn't find a hint on the interwebs that the Famous Five serious was as heavily edited in German as the Twins at St. Clare's one. Only the names, oh my goodness, so many of the names are different. I will never understand this need to Germanify names but okay. It makes things so much more confusing.

Of course this was a short read as it is intended for kids but
Desty
Berbicara tentang buku anak, saya tidak bisa melupakan serial Lima Sekawan. Pertama kalinya saya menyukai kisah misteri ala detektif adalah lewat buku Lima Sekawan. Beberapa waktu yang lalu, saya sudah membuat review buku 1-3, dan kali ini saya membaca buku ke-4. Kali ini Lima Sekawan akan pergi ke Sarang Penyelundup.

Liburan Paskah sudah tiba. Julian, Dick, George, Anne dan (tentunya) Tim kembali ke Pulau Kirrin. Sayangnya di Pulau Kirrin sedang terjadi angin kencang. Sebuah pohon tumbang dan me
David Sarkies
Mar 05, 2014 David Sarkies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children, both boys & girls
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: mystery
Secret Doors and Smuggler's Holes
11 May 2012

This is the first of the Famous Five (Freunde Funf in German) books that takes place away from Kirrin Cottage and the surrounding area. Once again it is holidays (and it is Easter, which sort of throws the books out of order since book two was during the Christmas break, and the third book was during another unnamed break, however, despite my lack of knowledge about 1940s English School terms, it seems as if the five have skipped some holidays to arri
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • Uma Aventura na Praia
  • The Naughtiest Girl Marches On (The Naughtiest Girl, #10)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
  • Five Have a Wonderful Time (Famous Five, #11)