On Top of the Potty: And Other Get-Up-and-Go Songs

On Top of the Potty: And Other Get-Up-and-Go Songs

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  15 reviews
From the hilarious and kid-pleasing team who brought us Take Me Out of the Bathtub and Other Silly Dilly Songs and Are You Quite Polite?: Silly Dilly Manners Songs comes this selection of songs guaranteed to make potty training everywhere into the easiest and most enjoyable event in a child's life -- ever! Washing their hands of the old words to familiar tunes such as "If...more
Published March 25th 2008 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about On Top of the Potty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Top of the Potty

Heidi
I think my IQ just dropped. This is a whole new level of "bathroom humor." I understand the purpose meant behind it, and I know some would be very grateful and maybe even say it helped them a lot. But I can't help thinking it wasn't totally necessary. My parents managed to potty-train 8 kids without any silly bathroom songs to encourage us. I guess if it gives a parent another tool to help in that very trying time of any parent's life, then all right.

I know this could have been written a lot wo...more
Becky
Jul 22, 2008 Becky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: grownups with juvenile humor; parents going through potty training
You can't not laugh at this book, or any of the Catrow/Katz singalong books. This one takes an unflinching look at potty usage, from the texture of poo, to the perils of boys missing the bowl, to the wonders of a potty party (something I learned about from Katie!!). I can't really say much more about this without attempting to sing, but my favorite is "Don't Flush Strange Things in the Potty" to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."

Also, when I searched this title, Goodreads said, "Did...more
Jessi
I had more fun with the piggy back songs than my toddler did.
Kathleen Ruff
This book was adorable. At first glance I thought it was litterally going to tell a story about how to use the potty but as I opened the book, they were actually individual poems that went alongg with other nursery rhymes such as Old McDonald had a Farm, and discussed issues about the potty. It was very nice. I read this book to a group of newly potty trained children and they were able to make text to self connections about what they are suppose to do in the potty and what the book had to say....more
Lorie
Fantastic book of songs written to the tune of familiar childrens songs. Each one is about potty training, having to go, having accidents, saying good-bye to diapers etc., and they use the much-loved "potty humour" to great effect. Great for those who are just potty training and those who have finished training, but will love the humour.
This is a definite purchase for my nephew!
Michelle
Absolutely adorable, silly and fun from start to finish. My daughter (3) just learning to be potty trained was intrigued and of course my 9 year old thought it was hilarious singing about going potty. Definitely want to check out the other books on back panel by this author. :)
Joelle
My youngest is in the middle of potty training so this was a great find at the library for us. We laughed out loud many times while singing these fun songs. If only I had a better voice! :)
drowningmermaid
Personally, I find the illustrations downright disturbing... but Charlotte LOVES this "song book." A big potty hit.
Amanda
I love this book--the songs are hilarious and the pictures are great. I love Alan Katz and David Catrow!!
Tamara
Jul 03, 2008 Tamara marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Katie, for your storytime
Katie, did you see this one? It might be fun for your no more diapers storytime. :)
Ginger
Should appeal to the Captain Underpants set
Delta Tish
Excellent songs for kids to go to the potty.
Jadin
Oh yes, we sang these all outloud and joyously.
Megan
Pooping and peeing just got a lot more fun.
Erin
This is hilarious.
Melissa Stawitz davis
Melissa Stawitz davis marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Ab Bowers
Ab Bowers marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Jimica Patterson
Jimica Patterson marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Nataly
Nataly marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Jes
Jes marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Take Me Out of the Bathtub and Other Silly Dilly Songs I'm Still Here in the Bathtub: Brand New Silly Dilly Songs Don't Say That Word! Oops! Where Did They Hide My Presents?: Where Did They Hide My Presents?