Start by marking “Thirteen Hours” as Want to Read:
Thirteen Hours

Thirteen Hours

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  1,459 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Can you fall in love in 13 hours? It's her birthday but lonely workaholic Dana Watts is at the office late, drafting a proposal. The very last interruption she expects comes in the form of the most beautiful breasts she has ever seen. These belong to an incredibly hot woman, who is standing in front of her, stripping to music.
Published April 22nd 2008 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Thirteen Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirteen Hours

Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|
description

|3.6 stars|

“We need to set up a time to meet so I can return the money you paid me. Yeah, I’m sure. I don’t want to feel like I got paid for what I’m doing to Dana right now.”

It's her birthday and Dana Watts is writing a proposal late in her office. She's a workaholic but she also hides her true nature, even from herself. She doesn't count on one of her co-workers to hire a striper to give her a lap dance. The absolutely sexy Laurel strips to pay for her vet school and, after a awful attempt to
Kimberly
Dec 08, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Okay after reading some of the reviews I was hesitant to purchase the book. I am so glad that I did because the reviews were unfounded to me. Okay there is a lot of sex in this book so if that's a make or break for you don't read the book. I disagree with the reviewers who said there is no character development. I think O'Brien does a great job showing us who Laurel and Dana are. I think it's a really fast paced relationship, but that truly happens in the lesbian community. I think the sexual re ...more
Anne
Best PWP book I've ever read. Kudos to this author, for writing a story focused on two women having sex like normal people: in bed, in the tub, inside the elevator. I’m so tired of sugary courtships in my lesfic!

Don’t read Thirteen Hours if you are easily offended. You will find women exploring their fantasies, dirty talk, light BDSM and anal play, among other things. Apparently some readers were expecting cupcake recipes, but the blurb is very clear: this is an erotic story.

In other words…

Best
Serena
Jul 12, 2013 Serena rated it really liked it
Do I need to say that this was a very hot!!! book? I think anyone who is familiar with Meghan O'Brien knows that her books are always sizzling hot. Meghan O'Brien knows how to write about sex. Yet despite the many sex scenes there was more than just sex. The characters were fun and the story was interesting. Since I normally only read lesbian romance, this is as steamy as it gets. On the book cover is says Erotic Romance, I think that sums it up, quite well. So if you're looking for something a ...more
Rach
If you asked me what my favorite lesbian erotica is this one is No.1. Its like Meghan O’Brien creeps into my head when she writes her novels and that’s why she’s one of my favorite authors in erotica.

Thirteen Hours centers around the lives of two very different women, Dana and Laurel. Dana is workaholic with no social life. She is hiding so far back in the closet she’s almost in Narnia. Laurel is confident and very open about her sexuality. She works as a stripper while she’s in Veterinary schoo
Anja
Nov 30, 2013 Anja rated it really liked it
I just finished the story, wow, definitely lots of sex (fullfilling all kind of fantasies). I really liked the story when they were stuck in the elevator. The after-elevator story has too much (kind of aggressive hot and steamy) sex and too little plot for me. I would have loved to hear more about their after-elevator life and how their relationship develops on a normal level. I still give it 4 stars, it was quite entertaining ;)
Krystalyn
May 14, 2012 Krystalyn rated it did not like it
Shelves: lgbt
Turned out to be an erotica. I knew I should have paid more attention to the cover. There was no plot at all. The conflict was only found on the first few chapters, then everything turned out to be Happy ever after, with tons and tons of sex. Since I don't swing that way I didn't get most of it. (90% of it).

I started reading lesbian romance a few weeks ago due to the recomm. Of my best gay friend. She said Radclyffe was a good read. And it really was. The first series I've read(honor series) wa
Crys Harris
Oct 24, 2011 Crys Harris rated it really liked it
This was fun, light reading. It deserves 4 stars because it's about women! It doesn't suck! The women have dirty, unapologetic sex while not boring the reader to tear. Sure, the premise is such an overdone trope as to become a cliche. Sure the reactions of the characters seem out of all proportion at the beginning. But I actually liked Laurel's character and this was simply lesbian romantic erotica. It really succeeded in that category.

If you want meaningful character development, angst, etc., g
Sprinkles
If a friend asked me for a well-written, purely erotic lesbian romance, I'd go into my gay bag of tricks and reveal this pretty little tale. The premise is what sexy dreams are made of. A sexually-repressed lesbian stuck in an elevator with the hottest company. Their truth-or-dare sessions fulfilled all my wishes.

My heart goes for Laurel. She's attractive beyond the obviously sensual reasons. She deserved all the love possible.

My heart even fluttered at the end. Erotica done properly.
LVLMLeah
Actually, I give this book 3 and 1/2 stars. I thought Meghan O'Brien writes very well. And this book is very erotic, steamy with a deep love story. However, there's no real plot or complex characterizations and the sex seemed to go on and on and on.

My full review here:

Heather Henkel
Jan 29, 2017 Heather Henkel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny story

I thought this was a great story. I really enjoyed the dialogue and banter between the two main characters. I also like that they had so much time to get to know each other at the very beginning .
Diana Kirksey
Sep 09, 2011 Diana Kirksey rated it did not like it
After enjoying "Battle Scars" by Meghan O'Brien (albeit it was a bit slow) I thought I'd give this one a try even though the basis of it was questionable. Needless to say, it had barely any plot to it and was probably 75% smut. I couldn't even complete it, skimmed through and that was enough for me. Not recommended.
M
Jun 25, 2012 M rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-books
Enjoyed this book at a piece of erotica - the initial plotting was intriguing, but when the sex took over, the story became a vehicle for the incredibly hot scenes that followed. I'm not complaining ( hence the high rating) I have subsequently read others of her books that have more successfully combined the elements.
Amanda
Oct 31, 2013 Amanda rated it did not like it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
In got about 3/4 the way through the book before I gave up. I can only remember five books I didn't complete. Sad that this was added to that list. It just wasn't for me. I didn't connect with the main characters, the plot was weak... I found myself skipping several pages of the book to get past the sex scenes. I'm not against sex scenes but you can really have too much of a good thing in a book.
Kathryn
May 21, 2016 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathryn by: Listopia- Best F/F Romance Books
This is well written erotica. Erotica is not meant to have much, if any, storyline. This story has more than most. I enjoyed it and will read more books by this author.
Erica
Sep 15, 2014 Erica rated it it was amazing
Such fun! SUCH FUUUUN!!
Justina
Oct 12, 2013 Justina rated it it was amazing
A possibly impertinent birthday gift turns into THE trip to wonderland and bountiful hot and sexy action, putting down a foundation with strength and versatility to spare. We all should be so fortuitous. This book was scintillating, sexually exhilarating, and I felt reborn believing that magic can take two strangers and weave such a perfect love story! Am I not surprised who the publisher is of this miraculous bit of wizardry? Thank you, Bold Strokes Books and Meghan O’Brien!

Dana Watts is workin
Ponycopter
Aug 27, 2013 Ponycopter rated it liked it
TL;DR: If witnessing vivid sex between agents rather than characters is enough for you, Thirteen Hours definitely fits the bill.

I tore through this in two sittings and it really was an engaging read. But Thirteen Hours would have surely benefited from a more pronounced story and characters, if only as a means to an end. The author chose to make everything apart from the main characters - events, places as well as people - all but irrelevant. That's fine, but when employing this kind of magnifyin
Chiyo Gomes
Jul 01, 2016 Chiyo Gomes rated it really liked it
Hhmm, originally I gave this read a 2.5, purely on the basis that it has literally no plot whatsoever, hitting a reader with sex scene, after sex scene, after sex scene.

Was I disappointed? definitely!

But upon reflection, I feel it is a tad unfair to give this read a 2.5 just because I went in expecting f/f contemporary romance instead of lesbian erotica. That was my own mistake. If I took the time to actually browse what the f*ck I was about to read, instead of diving straight in, the lack of p
lov2laf

This is straight up lesbian erotica in a full novel format so don't come to this book expecting a romance...at least not the kind that is typical of this genre. You won't find the leads taking the entire book to get together but they also don't do so on the first page, either.

There's a little set up, giving us several chapters of conversation between the characters before any physical connection comes into play but then the rest is sex with an overall ratio of sex to romance in the book
Alena
Jul 25, 2008 Alena rated it liked it
Shelves: queer, fiction
Now, isn't it funny how perception changes expectation?

Meghan O'Brien's latest novel is billed as an "erotic romance", which I didn't see until I opened the envelope it was shipped in. Within a millisecond, my expectations of plot went down to zero.

Imagine my surprise when there was one, and well-plotted characters to boot?!?

It's the story of two women, one a workaholic, one introduced as a stripper, who meet when the stripper is sent to the workaholic's workplace as a birthday present. They dis
Melissa
May 04, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, f-f
So this was the first lesbian romance book I'd ever read, not including the f/f fan fiction that I've devoured and I liked it. The story was good, I loved how they met and how Dana was reluctant to let Laurel in. The beginning of the book, when they were trapped in the elevator was the best because you got to see the walls around both girls fall rapidly.

The rest of the book was good, but it seemed to me to be little more than sex scene after sex scene! I loved the sex, don't get me wrong! It was
Kathryn
Mar 04, 2012 Kathryn rated it liked it
Picked up this title during a rebate sale at ARe. I found the premise intriguing, and wondered how the author could set an entire novel in an elevator. Turns out, the thirteen hours as noted in the title comprises the first half of the book, whereas the second half loses much of the tension and conflict between the two heroines and instead ramps up the sex.

If you want a high-charged erotic story, you'll find the goods here, and while I found the story written well, I thought it slightly off bala
Jae Jae
Aug 18, 2011 Jae Jae rated it liked it
I like most of what Meghan O’Brien has written, and this story isn’t badly written either. But it’s different from her other stories. It starts with a clever first sentence and an interesting first meeting, and it has some great dialogue, but the rest was too much sex and too little plot for me. If you are in the mood for hot love scenes, I recommend it, otherwise, read “Battle Scars.”
ybnrmalatall
Jul 30, 2014 ybnrmalatall rated it it was ok
It was alright and while it had its moments AND I liked the characters in the story, it wasn't my cup of tea.

I gave it 2 because the characters were likable but the pacing was annoying at times and was based around sex, which isn't the worst thing ever- it just never sits well with me since I am a hardcore romance junkie :P
Paula Urdaneta
No pude terminarlo... a la mitad me vi atrapada en una novela rosa y cursi. No lo odie, pero no hubo ningun giro de la trama que me hiciera querer seguir leyendo.

Por otra parte debo acotar que los personajes y su relación estaban bien desarollados siendo bastantes creíbles.
reader
Dec 28, 2016 reader rated it liked it
Hot and Cold...

I wasn't expecting anything deep or literary with a plotline about a stripper hired for a lonely, uptight workaholic on her birthday. Just a fun ride. And that's pretty much the sum of it.

Yes, I gave it only 3 stars because the second half of the book is poorly developed... but the sex scenes overall are so incredibly well-done that you will be forgiving... so I do recommend it.

What surprised me is that I was really sucked into the story right from the start as I could really visu
Joaquín Padilla
Dec 11, 2016 Joaquín Padilla rated it liked it
My first lesbian romance, I liked the premise a lot and it was a fun read. With more experience I've put it more or less in its place: it's PWP, and it should be a novella. The only scene I'd leave after the elevator would be the call of Dana's friend, Scott. That part would have made a terrific ending, and it would have spared me the marathon of sex (which is good and decently written, sure, but not interesting enough to fill a hundred pages).
Ameliah Faith
Jul 21, 2015 Ameliah Faith rated it it was amazing
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A HEART CONDITION

This is the third book I've read by Meghan O'Brien. Each one of them so different from the others. However, Ms O'Brien has a knack for erotica and she sure isn't shy in showing it off!! Goodness this was a scorcher. I finished it about 24 hours ago and am still blushing, burning and wanting.

This book is about a stuffy work-a-holic and a stripper-gram she recieves for her birthday. Dana isnt sure if she should be turned on by the perfect body in front of
Joanne
May 06, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it
Two words. Holy Smokes.

I did not realized that this novel was going to turn out the way it turned out. I was just expecting hilarious PG13/NC17 scenes between the two main characters with an 'okay'-ish plotline.

Boy was I wrong. My first hint should've been the obvious protruding BEHIND on the cover. The second obvious hint is that one of the characters is a stripper. Trust me, I didn't mind that this novel went from NC17 to X-rated (multiple times). This was the first novel I read from this aut
  • Conquest
  • Passion's Bright Fury
  • Stranded
  • Lethal Affairs (Elite Operatives, #1)
  • Blood Hunt (Midnight Hunters #2)
  • Tropical Storm (Dar and Kerry, #1)
  • Substitute for Love
  • Too Close to Touch
  • Hunter's Way (Hunter, #1)
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • None So Blind
Born in a suburb of Detroit, Michigan, Meghan O’Brien relocated to Northern California in 2005. As a transplant, she enjoys the moderate weather and gorgeous scenery of the Bay Area. Meghan lives with her wife, their son, three cats, three dogs, two snakes and several tarantulas. Yes, it can be just as chaotic as it sounds.

Meghan’s day job is as a software developer, but her real passion is writin
More about Meghan O'Brien...