Start by marking “To Love A Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues, #1)” as Want to Read:
To Love A Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues, #1)

To Love A Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues #1)

Is there a Lady in the land that can resist this scoundrel’s charms…?

At her step-mother’s command, Isabelle – and her irrepressible step-sister Lily – are leaving the pleasantries of the English countryside behind them, and heading straight to the bustling heart of a London season. Isabelle couldn’t care less about fashionable society, and is even less interested in the na
Kindle Edition, Carina, 164 pages
Published April 9th 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about To Love A Wicked Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love A Wicked Scoundrel

Nemo
May 08, 2014 Nemo rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
For a full and edited review go to: http://booksandbree.blogspot.com/2014...

3.5 Wicked stars

Even though I have seen Pride and Prejudice more times than I can remember, I have never read a historical romance. I’m happy to say it won’t be the last! I liked Isabelle and Constantine (I always thought that was a girl’s name) and every other supporting character. Even though the story was centered around the romance there were still surprises and twists which added a dash of much needed spice.

Lord
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
To Love A Wicked Scoundrel by Anabelle Bryant
Anabelle Bryant

This story has a 6 year old Fairy Godmother in training, a likeable step-mother who wants a brief and passionate affair, an Earl who gets knocked down a few pegs and a redhead female who doesn't want anything to do with London's Season.

Isabelle Rossmore is practical, quiet, reserve and loves nothing more than being in her colorful garden. Her father emotional abused her until he died. The Earl told her she was ugly with her red hair, unsual coloring, figure and that she was alway
Heather andrews
Apr 10, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Con that boy is used to getting what he wants but I think he secretly likes that Isabelle is a challenge, "he scoffed at her suggestion. If the servants proved as unreliable as earlier, he'd have been left unsatisfied once again. Clearly, the fates intended otherwise. "I meant to waltz with you this evening." I mean the boy resorts to asking Isabelle's six year old sister questions about Isabelle, "does your sister have a beau?" He smirked as he voiced the question, unaccustomed to showing ...more
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Christy English
May 05, 2014 Christy English rated it it was amazing
Anabelle Bryant’s debut novel TO LOVE A WICKED SCOUNDREL is an absolute treat. I have been looking forward to this book for months, and I was not disappointed. Con is indeed a scoundrel and a rakehell, a man who loves nothing and no one, save for perhaps his secret painting. Painting all day, and carousing all night, Con is a man who burns the candle from both ends in a sort of endless, hopeless whirl that does not feed his soul.

Until he sees Isabelle, and everything changes.

I wish I could say t
Brittany
Apr 12, 2014 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historicals
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I just loved this. I could not put it down and finished it in a few hours. It was such an engaging, fun, steamy read. I loved how Con and Isabelle's relationship grows and finally flourishes. This was a great read!!
Amy Alvis
Aug 06, 2016 Amy Alvis rated it it was amazing
Isabelle Rossmore's step-mother is demanding that they travel to London as she is ready to get rid of her widow's weeds. Since Isabelle doesn't want to be separated from her sister, she agrees to go. She soon meets a gentleman that peaks her interest. Unfortunately it's the man her step-mother has decided she wants to have an affair with.

Constantine (Con) Highborough, the Earl of Colehill, is smitten the first time he lays eyes on Isabelle. Unfortunately things go wrong and he ends up promising
Love Reading Romance
Isabelle would rather be at home in the country with her garden, but her step-mother, Meredith, is determined to drag her along to the London season. Meredith has a plan for their time in London: she is going to seduce Lord Constantine Highborough, the city's most notorious scoundrel, but after only one ball, it is Isabelle who has caught his eye.

At a glance, Isabelle and Constantine make up one of my favorite heroine/hero combos: the reluctant goody-two-shoes spinster and the terribly naughty,
Farrah
Apr 18, 2014 Farrah rated it it was amazing
A very sweet, delight of a romance, To Love a Wicked Scoundrel was a fantastic historical romance. I really liked this book and I really enjoyed reading it. It was a truly lovely book.

Isabelle was a wonderful heroine. She was very sensible and, thankfully, not prone to listening to gossip and making judgments based on it (with one exception). After being told by her father for all her life that she was plain, unfortunate, and unworthy, she had some serious self-esteem issues, but even so, she wa
R.C. Matthews
May 24, 2015 R.C. Matthews rated it really liked it
This was a five star book for me all the way till the last 25% of the book.

Isabelle is a really heart-warming heroine. I love it that she was considered a 'spinster' at age 26 and wins over the catch of London. Her relationship with her stepsister Lily (6 years old) is enchanting. There were many moments of interaction between Lily and the other characters that had me giggling. Personally, I love it when secondary characters really come to life on the pages.

Constantine was a worthy hero - compl
Amanda Richardson
Apr 14, 2014 Amanda Richardson rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Isabelle and Constantine were such fun to read about. Isabelle feels like she is on the shelf at 26, when her stepmother, Meredith, convinces her to go to London after they mourn her father. Meredith at only 30 is a very young widow and has decided that she wants to have a fling with Constantine while in London because she reads so much about him in the scandal sheets.
At one of their first ball's Constantine sees Isabelle, is immediately entranced, and sends a footman t
Robyn Koshel
Apr 14, 2014 Robyn Koshel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this book in one sitting. I thought “To love a wicked scoundrel” was a sumptuous period romance with all the opulence of a BBC costume drama.

Isabelle isn’t a silly little chit; she is a woman who know her own mind and won’t compromise just to land a husband.

Con- Rake or Rogue? He certainly acts like a rogue and likes to give the impression of both; but underneath, he is neither. I got the feeling her is a completely different man- as you will find out later.

Con and Isabelle’s first en
Samantha Tonge
May 02, 2014 Samantha Tonge rated it it was amazing
I loved this book which was difficult to put down! The old-fashioned English style was easy-to-read and nicely set the tone of the story.

Would modest, virtuous Isabelle from the countryside fall for devilish Constantine, the handsome rake from London?The hero and heroine are highly appealing characters, each have sufffered their own challenging childhood. But is this enough to bring and bind them together? You won't want to waste any time in finding out!

A gripping, erotic read, written sensitive
Beverly Wells
Jul 16, 2014 Beverly Wells rated it it was amazing
Anabelle had me hooked from page one with this delightfully lighthearted Regency. I read it while traveling to Italy on my Kindel and couldn't put it down--always thinking I'd just read one more page before trying to sleep on the plane. It was well written and filled with a compelling story that had me living in the past. Her secondary character, Lily, is sure to capture your heart. Can't wait to read Anabelle's upcoming novels.
Loraine Oliver
May 22, 2016 Loraine Oliver rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
To Love a Wicked Scoundrel is Anabelle Bryant's first book in her Regency Rogues Series, and it was an amazing read. I loved it so much as soon as I finish this review I am off to read the next one!

This book tells the story of Isabelle Rossmore and Constantine Highborough, the Earl of Colehill, along with a great supporting cast of characters that really add to the story. This is the story-

Meredith, (Isabelle's Stepmother) a young widow of 30, has finally been able to take off her widow's weeds,
Jackson D'Lynne
Jul 21, 2014 Jackson D'Lynne rated it it was amazing
I will start off by saying that Anabelle gave me this book as a gift, and I was more than happy to take it! Last week, I was on vacation with my family in OBX North Carolina. I took this book along on my ereader because I knew I would finally have time to read something other than work emails. One night, I snuggled up into bed around 10:00PM and didn’t put the book down until the very end! I was 2:30AM before I even knew what happened!

To Love a Wicked Scoundrel starts out with a beautifully writ
Gwendolyn Thaggard
Feb 21, 2016 Gwendolyn Thaggard rated it really liked it
Isabelle, her stepmother, Meredith, and younger sister Lily all travel to London for the Season so that Meredith can leave her mourning and rediscover passion and excitement in hopes of tracking down the Ton's most notorious rake, Lord Highborough. Isabelle has no idea of her beauty and appeal, thanks to the cruel words slung at her by her father. A father that never tired of telling Isabelle what a disappointment she was to him, for not being a boy. Meredith persuades Isabelle to embrace the ...more
Nicole Laverdure
Sep 06, 2014 Nicole Laverdure rated it it was amazing
Amazing and captivating!
To Love a Wicked Scoundrel was a delight to read! I adored it! Written by Anabelle Bryant, she really offered the charming love story of Lord Constantine Highborough and Isabelle. I also liked the secondary characters Lily and Melissa! Isabelle doesn't want to go London for the Season, she prefers to stay home set in the English countryside, but her 6 year old sister, Lily, and Melissa make it their mission, to make her change her mind. Let's mention, that Melissa, really
Brian Benson
Apr 11, 2014 Brian Benson rated it it was amazing
This was my first venture into the Historical Romance genre. I write, and usually read detective novels. My daughter advised me to expand my reading horizons. I'm glad I followed her advice. I won't soon forget Isabelle of Rossmore, Anabelle Bryant's main character. She has done a superb job, in this her first novel. Rouges, Romance and a certain gray-eyed redhead have been my reading pleasure the past two days. Isabelle's 'amaranth tresses' have not been far from my mind. Bryant weaves a ...more
Steph
Jan 11, 2015 Steph rated it it was ok
I can only surmise that all the author's friends reviewed this book en mass. There is no other way to account for the extremely (and overwhelmingly) positive reviews this book had on Amazon when I purchased it. (That has since changed a bit as non-friends have read the book.) egregious historical/factual errors and grammar problems just don't do it for me. Sorry.

I leave you with one of my favorite mind-boggling quotes: "There is nothing at all displeasing about you. Do not force me to defer to
Tinsoni
Jul 20, 2015 Tinsoni rated it liked it
Ok I hate when an otherwise intelligent woman becomes senseless and loses all principals including loyalty because of some good looking guy. I understand attraction...but unless you are also foxed you should be able to resist doing stupid things. I couldn't stand the continued indecisiveness of Isabelle or her inability to form coherent thoughts around a man. (Spoiler)---------> when she walks into his house and assumes he was with another woman and still wanted to kiss him I wanted to slap ...more
Maria
Aug 23, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable historical romance. I loved Isabelle's sensible personality and how Constantine helps her come out of her shell and obtain a level of freedom from hurtful words from her father. Constantine on the surface is a typical rake but Isabelle sees beyond what society sees to the private and lonely man he truly is. They bring out the best in each other and teach one another how to love. Isabelle's half-sister, Lily, is an enchanting bundle of energy that brought a smile to my ...more
Joann Maggio
Sep 13, 2015 Joann Maggio rated it it was amazing

This was a delicious Regency Romance. You relish the cat and mouse play between Constantine, the scoundrel, and Isabelle, the virgin. The high point is when he realizes he loves her. He believes she is the most beautiful creature he has ever seen with kindness beyond belief. She, of course, is plagued with self doubts from being critically abused all her life about her looks by her deceased father. She falls for him and surrenders. Perfect regency. Happily ever after.
Lorelei's
Mar 28, 2016 Lorelei's rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wickedly Enchanting!

I was captivated from beginning to end! I really enjoy Annabelle Bryant 's storytelling. She keeps you entertained with rich details, swoon worthy scenes and characters who you will love for their wit, humor, passion and charm!
I look forward to reading more of Anabelle Bryant's series. I highly recommend following her on social media and she's on my top favorite author 's list.
Excelsie Wallace
Absolutely Brilliant and sweet!

Absolutely brilliant!! The story was sweet and charming. It would be incredible if the story went on further with Lilly and Meredith. I would r comment this book to those who love a sweet read. I chose 5 Star to rate this book as was truly a delight. I will be looking for more on this author. It would be great eat to see a series for Isabelle and Con and their offspring. Loved it!
Jeannie
Feb 28, 2016 Jeannie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great escape to a different time

Enjoyed this book - Constantine and Isabella were destined to be together - we knew that going in, but the sweetness factor of Lily added a nice familial touch. It was also nice to have a nice step mother for a change.
The descriptions of the scenery, buildings and clothing allow me to be there, right there on the page.
I'd recommend this book to anyone that likes a good romance. Just enough sizzle.
Michele Mannon
Aug 12, 2014 Michele Mannon rated it it was amazing
“I intend to capture the attention of London’s most notorious rake. If I’m going to re-enter society, I seek to do so in grand style.” Isabelle’s stepsister proclaims. But the rational Isabelle is the one who captures this rake’s attention and from that point onward, sparks sizzle.

Ms. Bryant treats the reader to one terrific ride! Highly entertaining characters, a oh-so yummy hero and a well-written story. Definitely worth five stars.
Kim
Aug 12, 2014 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Average

Average

This book was average at best. I love historical romance and not picky about detail. This story was nothing special in my mind. I almost stopped reading when Isabelle threw Con's letters in the fire. I am not a fan of juvenile drama in a sad attempt to fill pages. I also was disappointed with how short the epilogue was.
Aurrora James
May 19, 2015 Aurrora James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful tale

Well developed characters made for a wonderful romantic story. I loved that Con was not what society made him out to be and that Isabelle could see through to the true man beneath. And that Isabelle changed to be more sure of herself and knew what she wanted. Highly recommended.
Leila Mota
Jul 10, 2015 Leila Mota rated it it was ok
I was divided between 'not liking it' and 'it was ok'. It was a tie. I almost didn't finished it, but I have an obsession for things unfinished. And even if the hero was not original, it was nice. I couldn't find that spark that prevents me to sleep till I finish a book, or at least a chapter. No passion.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 10, 2015 09:40AM
Scoundrels Real and Imaginary 1 4 Apr 27, 2014 01:44PM
  • A Most Devilish Rogue
  • Return to Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #3.5)
  • The Thornless Rose
  • All I Want Is You
  • In the Spinster's Bed (Spinster House, #0.5)
  • Passion and Propriety (Hearts of Honour, Book 1)
  • The Dark Knight (Montagues, #4)
  • The Lady Meets Her Match (Midnight Meetings, #2)
  • Once Upon a Kiss (Book Club Belles Society, #1)
  • Highlander Mine (Clan Mackenzie, #3)
  • Captured
  • Master of Love
  • The Baron's Betrothal (Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2)
  • Bought and Paid For
  • Indecent (The Moray Druids, #2)
  • By Hook or By Crook
  • No Regrets
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
Anabelle began reading at age three and never stopped. Her passion for reading soon turned into a passion for writing and an author was born. Happy to grab a suitcase if it ensures a new adventure, Anabelle finds endless inspiration in travel, especially imaginary jaunts into Regency England, a far cry from her home in New Jersey. Instead, her clever characters live out her daydreams because ...more
More about Anabelle Bryant...

Three Regency Rogues (3 books)
  • Duke of Darkness (Three Regency Rogues, #2)
  • The Midnight Rake (Three Regency Rogues, #3)