Start by marking “The Pack (Venator #1)” as Want to Read:
The Pack (Venator #1)

The Pack (Venator #1)

West Chatham was a quiet town, sleepily wrapped up in its suburban comforts. It was a place where everyone knew that every day would play out to the same familiar melody, and every night would shroud them in tranquil silence. It was a simple town, with simple people living simple lives- or so it seemed from the outside looking in. Until the day came when dozens of mauled ...more
Published October 8th 2012 by Createspace

Nathan Robinson
Aug 18, 2013 Nathan Robinson rated it it was amazing
The Pack by Joe Mikolay

Until the day came when dozens of mauled and devoured carcasses were revealed by the unblinking light of the sun. And the night came when concea
Jodene
Nov 12, 2013 Jodene rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
If you would have told me I would read a book about Werewolves I would have told you --"don't think so". But-I read this because I received it free as a giveaway. I really, really enjoyed it. It was fun and had a story and read fast--everything I like about books. I am going right now to look up more by Joe Mikolay. Thanks for turning me on to this type of story.
Jacob Harman
Dec 11, 2013 Jacob Harman rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I expected! I really enjoyed it from front to back, and I hope to find more from this author. There were some scenes that were hard to read, but not because of how they were written, but because of the subject matter. If you can get through some intense scenes, this book is a great read!
Melony
May 27, 2016 Melony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not expecting to love it! ( But I did )

Ok, there's a lot going on in a relatively simple plot. There's the past history, the present drama, and a hopeful future. Sure, there's the teenage drama but what would you expect from a teenage protagonist? It's joyously graphic; utilizing the canine preferred method of "going for the gory middle" is a nice, gross touch......I mention it because there is A LOT of carnage!

So, I give this review a solid 4.5. I read a good ole werewolf story every once in a
kerryann williams
Awesome book

Very well written, unusual in that it's a bloody version of an alpha gone rouge with no clear sense except lots of violence. I found d myself hoping the father
would make it with the son yet ....So many avenues left to explore through so many eyes of the characters. Just a well thought out book about the way it is in some
lives with some monsters not everything sparkles in the sun forward it's tail to see you.............great book buy it you'll love it to
Shoulanda August
Excellent read

Great story line and vivid details. I encourage everyone who love werewolves books to check this one out. A secret race that felt they were gifted but met their match in the end.
arnold miller
Aug 10, 2015 arnold miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable

Although the story line was pretty predictable, this was a pretty terrific werewolf book. Book two should prove to be really good
Violet Mohr
Apr 11, 2014 Violet Mohr rated it really liked it
I couldn't put this book down. I had to know what was gonna happen next through almost the entire book!
Charles Tilley
Jan 08, 2015 Charles Tilley rated it it was amazing
Very surprised by this book. Just what the werewolf genre needs. It was a well written story, paced perfectly, and very developed characters. A great read cover to cover.
S. David Long
S. David Long rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
connie
connie rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Gregory E Cranmer
Gregory E Cranmer rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Jessie Coad
Jessie Coad rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Arnon
Arnon rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Barbara Boudousquie
Barbara Boudousquie rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Joe Mikolay
Sep 11, 2014 Joe Mikolay rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nick Prario
Nick Prario rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
tiffany delay
tiffany delay rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
Will Griffin
Will Griffin rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2014
Andre Lucas
Andre Lucas rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2016
Reuts Michael
Reuts Michael rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Martha
Martha rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2015
Jackilyn Punsal
Jackilyn Punsal rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Thom Seeber
Thom Seeber rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Teroll
Teroll rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Fred J Reynolds
Fred J Reynolds rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2015
Betsy
Betsy rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2013
Daniel Lawson
Daniel Lawson rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Kristina Dillon
Kristina Dillon rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Frenzy War (The Frenzy Wolves, #2)
  • High Moor 2: Moonstruck
  • The Sticks
  • Blood And Rain
  • House of Corruption
  • No Mere Zombie (Deathless, #2)
  • Outage Boxed Set: Books 1-3 (Outage #1-3)
  • A Snow Covered Moon (Twisted Eventide, #1)
  • Desolate - The Complete Trilogy
  • Algorithm of Nightmares
  • Death Springs Eternal (The Rift #3)
  • Tartarus (West of Hell #2)
  • A Guardian's Desire
  • Pavlov's Dogs (Pavlov's Dogs, #1)
  • The Pack (The Pack, #1)
  • City Wolf (Axton & Leander, #2)
  • Ravenous
  • Caged View: A Collection of Urban Fantasy Short Stories (Santeria Habitat, #0.5)
Writer, Sports Fan, Lover of Stupidly Clever (or Cleverly Stupid) Comedy, Horror/Sci-Fi Junkie, Critter Lover.
More about Joe Mikolay...

Venator (2 books)