Start by marking “The Popularity Plan (Sweet Dreams, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Popularity Plan (Sweet Dreams, #2)

The Popularity Plan (Sweet Dreams #2)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Frannie is so shy, she thinks she might go all the way through high school without even being kissed, much less finding that one boy who would make her feel special. Then her girlfriends create The Plan, and Frannie has so many boys after her that she can't keep track of all the parties and dances.

Not everyone falls for the plan, though. Ronnie, the quiet, talented boy in
Published June 12th 1981 by Bantam Books (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about The Popularity Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Popularity Plan

Rebecca McNutt
Poor Frannie, her life is such a misery! She might have to go through her entire time in school without... duh-duh-duh... being kissed! OHMYGODS!!!

...Yup, this book is as lame and stupid as it sounds. Nevermind the choppy sentences, facile sheep characters, this book doesn't even try to step away from bad teen melodrama and immaturity.
colorwalk
The first Sweet Dreams book I started out with - it got me hooked on the entire series for a large number of my teen years. It was such a sweet story, funny too in some parts even though I no longer remember exactly which parts. I just remember my sister staring at me funny whenever I laughed out loud while reading the book. I suspect it'll always hold a special place in my heart as one of the first teen books I had read after moving on from Judy Blume's books and such during elementary.
Lizz
This book is like literary crack: great for when you want to read but don't want much other than a quick rush from it. Written in 1981, it reads more like awful Beverly Clearly knock-offs from the 1960s in terms of language, characters and plot.

Franny is so shy you want to kick her in the teeth. Somehow she is friends with the three most popular girls in school (because she is sensitive and a good listener and popular girls love someone who will let drone on without interrupting with their own
Elizabeth
Jun 25, 2011 Elizabeth added it
Shelves: young-adult
I need to go back and read this again before I rate, since I read it 25 - 30 years ago. It must not have been that horrible because it still sticks out in my head. I remember that my best friend from High School and I decided we should do our own popularity plan after we read it, though I don't think our plan got very far (and I don't think my best friend, the prom queen really needed the plan either).

I thought of it because I just read - How to Be Popular and about ten pages into it, I could o
Twinkle Toes
I REALLY LIKED this book, it was such a good read and so true!! I was really happy with the ending and can't wait to continue the Sweet Dreams Series!!!!
Reading with Cats
How to go from Shy Mouse to Shitful Asshat in two weeks or less.
Wendy
Jan 24, 2010 Wendy added it
Recommended to Wendy by: Lizz
Though I read this more as an expert evaluating the book to see if the advice would be effective, rather than a girl looking to get tips on how to be popular, I enjoyed it because Franny was such a lovely, sweet girl, and so original. The parents are a kick, the hero is so dreamy (I was sure from the first time he appeared on the page that she would end up with him!!!), and Franny was lucky to have such great friends. It's really a shame that this book is out of print.
Lisa Lamere-krzysiak
liked this book wish I could find these books I would love to read them again and read the ones I didn't get to read.
Kaitlyn Huffman
I thought that the plot in this book was kind of far-fetched. I don't think I would read it again, but it was okay.
Cissy
One of my favorite books as a teen! Loved it because it reminded me of me in a way.
Marts  (Thinker)
Read most of this series whilst in secondary school... enjoyed it back then...
♥ Susan
As a tween, the sweet dreams series was my absolute favorite!
Gale
Read in 2006.
April Rivera
April Rivera marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Megann
Megann added it
Jun 25, 2015
Lerae Cross
Lerae Cross marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Savrine
Savrine marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Julia Quiño
Julia Quiño marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Reader
Reader added it
May 17, 2015
Deira Moira
Deira Moira marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Paula Teal
Paula Teal marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Aj
Aj marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Ten-Boy Summer (Sweet Dreams, #18)
  • Summer Dreams (Sweet Dreams, #36)
  • Night of the Prom (Sweet Dreams, #12)
  • Kiss Me, Creep (Sweet Dreams, #63)
  • Wrong-Way Romance (Sweet Dreams, #176)
  • Cheating to Win (Sweet Valley High, #77)
  • Roxanne (Sunfire, #15)
  • Laura (Sunfire, #10)
  • Saturday Night (Saturday Night, #1)
  • Sooner or Later

Sweet Dreams (1 - 10 of 233 books)
  • P. S. I Love You (Sweet Dreams, #1)
  • Laurie's Song (Sweet Dreams, #3)
  • Princess Amy (Sweet Dreams,#4)
  • Little Sister (Sweet Dreams, #5)
  • California Girl (Sweet Dreams, #6)
  • Green Eyes (Sweet Dreams, #7)
  • The Thoroughbred (Sweet Dreams, #8)
  • Cover Girl (Sweet Dreams, #9)
  • Love Match (Sweet Dreams, #10)
  • The Problem with Love (Sweet Dreams, #11)
The Popularity Summer (Sweet Dreams, #20) Dear Amanda (Sweet Dreams, #33) Love in the Fast Lane (Sweet Dreams, #64) Questions of Love (Sweet Dreams, #86) Language of Love (Sweet Dreams, #73)