Start by marking “The Gradual Vegetarian: The Step-by-step Way to Start Eating the Right Stuff Today!” as Want to Read:

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Step-by-step to a new way of life!
Do you want to cut down on meat eating or adapt a completely vegetarian diet?Whatever your goal. Lisa Tracy has written the book that takes all the trouble out of the transition.She shows you how to get started and lets you take it as far as you want to go.

Stage one - includes poultry and fish
Stage two- includes fish
Stage three - the total
Published May 1st 1986 by Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Gradual Vegetarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gradual Vegetarian

Barbara Ab
"Il libro si divide in due parti: una teorica, che analizza l'alimentaizone tradizionale e le varie fasi di avvicinamento al vegetarianismo, e una di ricette, che segue il medesimo percorso di graduale abbandono delle proteine animali" Un libro raccomandabile a chi vuole un'"infarinatura".

The book is in two part : one is theory about traditional nutrtion and phases to approach vegetarianism; the second is about recipes.
A good book for a general backgroung and approach to change your nutrition.
Tina Hayes
May 29, 2008 Tina Hayes rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anybody interested in becoming a vegetarian
This is soooo much more than just another cookbook. Author Lisa Tracy fills the first half of the book with reasons some things are good foods and others are bad for you. She explains the basics behind being a vegetarian and how to make the change to your diet gradually.

I've been a vegetarian for about 10 years. I checked this particular book out so many times, I eventually broke down and bought myself a copy. Some of the recipes from this book have become my family's favorites, like the split p
Beesley
This terrific book sets out an eating plan with three levels: moving towards vegetarianism, mostly vegetarian, and full on vegetarian. Included are simply but tasty recipes for each phase. Tracy's recipes are delicious and easy to make. This is an especially good book for anyone who would like to eat more like a vegetarian but isn't at the point of going all the way.
Ellenjsmellen
I still have my copy and I'm about to break it out to make wild rice casserole.
Nancy
Lesley
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Jennifer Dudley
Jennifer Dudley marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Abi
Abi added it
Aug 20, 2013
Hannah
Hannah added it
Jul 02, 2013
Dayna
Dayna marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Jocelyn
Jocelyn is currently reading it
May 06, 2013
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Objects of Our Affection: Uncovering My Family's Past, One Chair, Pistol, and Pickle Fork at a Time Field Guide to the Chessie Nature Trail The Gradual Vegetarian Kidfood Muddy Waters: The Legacy Of Katrina And Rita: Health Care Providers Remember  And Look Ahead