Salvador Dali: The Paintings 1904-1946

Salvador Dali: The Paintings 1904-1946

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  7,705 ratings  ·  27 reviews
When ISalvador Dal
Published September 15th 1999 by Barnes & Noble (first published August 1st 1994)

Fred Hughes
It’s not clear whether Dali was a genius or a mad man, or both, as his art transcends anything else on the market at the time. This pair of large coffee table books goes through his life with many many pictures of his work.

He evolved throughout his career like a child who sees something shining and is drawn to it. Dali was influenced not only by the people who surrounded him but other artists, scientists, politicians and figures from his reading. He was also influenced by World events and in par...more
Hevel Cava
Quite a remarkable opus! One of the best bios on Dali, he's portrayed as a genius and as a mad man alike. With fine detail as well as an excellent bibliography, this work is worth for collection and for a careful study on the subject. Two thumps up!
Amanda
Very interesting. I'm not sure if this is the exact book I read on him. I learned that (in my opinion) he was a bit of a creeper. I had no idea he had a foot and food fetish. He also loves painting genitalia...At least he's good at it?
Missvandort
Is there anything I could say after reading the work of one of the greatest men to set foot on this earth?
Sol Grancharoff
Grann detalle, excelentes ilustraciones.
Lucie
A great big overview of Dalis work and life!
Sam T. Frost
genius crossing ocean og Madness
Julie Ben
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I used to live in St. Pete's where they have the museum. It was the best museum we had down there, so what can I tell you. Plus, I rather like the idea that he might really be Adrian Brody.
Vince
A lot of book(s). Two books weigh a total of 14 pounds. But, if you love Dali's art as I do, these books are the next best thing to visiting the museum in St. Petersburg.
Frank
Detailed, comprehensive biography with excellent reproductions of some amazing paintings. Holy crap, what a talented original [or is it an original talent].
Jordi Polo
Welcome to the daliverse. This book contains so many pictures that now I am suprised if I see any Dali artwork I can not recognize.
Danielle
descharnes is always so thorough and interesting, the best art book i own in terms of layout and text. dali is the man!
Matt 2D
The definite collection of every Dali painting known to man... or at least most of them!
Jason Cryer
Absolutely brilliant. A collection of all of Dalí's paintings. The best books I own.
Elisabeth Moser
beautiful work. it always in spires me to be more creative
Erin
Vocabulary lessons abound & of course, great artwork!
Kq
A decent collection of Salvador Dali paintings. Surprise!
Gretafarrel
a thorough retrospective of a genius! Dali is beyond human
Kristin
Very obscure art, but I love to look at it.
Marty O'Brien
Great book. Slowly working on it...
Katrina
overwhelming awesome I just love him.
Chris
The complete oeuvre!
1001 Acessórios
Aprender a apreciar
  • The Magic Mirror of M.C. Escher
  • Edvard Munch: 1863-1944 (Basic Art)
  • Sacred Mirrors: The Visionary Art of Alex Grey
  • Gustav Klimt: 1862-1918
  • The Complete Paintings and Drawings
  • Frida Kahlo: 1907-1954 Pain and Passion
  • Vincent Van Gogh: The Complete Paintings: Etten, April 1881-Paris, February 1888 (Taschen Specials)
  • H.R. Giger ARh+