Start by marking “Salvador Dali: The Paintings 1904-1946” as Want to Read:
Salvador Dali: The Paintings 1904-1946

Salvador Dali: The Paintings 1904-1946

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  11,927 ratings  ·  32 reviews
When ISalvador Dal
Published September 15th 1999 by Barnes & Noble (first published August 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Salvador Dali, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salvador Dali

Fred Hughes
It’s not clear whether Dali was a genius or a mad man, or both, as his art transcends anything else on the market at the time. This pair of large coffee table books goes through his life with many many pictures of his work.

He evolved throughout his career like a child who sees something shining and is drawn to it. Dali was influenced not only by the people who surrounded him but other artists, scientists, politicians and figures from his reading. He was also influenced by World events and in par
Hevel Cava
Quite a remarkable opus! One of the best bios on Dali, he's portrayed as a genius and as a mad man alike. With fine detail as well as an excellent bibliography, this work is worth for collection and for a careful study on the subject. Two thumps up!
Very interesting. I'm not sure if this is the exact book I read on him. I learned that (in my opinion) he was a bit of a creeper. I had no idea he had a foot and food fetish. He also loves painting genitalia...At least he's good at it?
Is there anything I could say after reading the work of one of the greatest men to set foot on this earth?
Megha Puri
I really enjoyed this book. Dali is one of my favourite painters and his surreal work is truly spectacular.
Sol Misolmi
Grann detalle, excelentes ilustraciones.
A great big overview of Dalis work and life!
Sam T. Frost
genius crossing ocean og Madness
Teri Temme
I fell in love with Dali's work when I went to the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, FL after a work convention. This book shows some work I had not seen before. My favorite: The Hallucinogenic Toreador - so many different levels to it. I was fascinated by it on the tour. I would never have noticed everything without the guide.
Julie Ben
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I used to live in St. Pete's where they have the museum. It was the best museum we had down there, so what can I tell you. Plus, I rather like the idea that he might really be Adrian Brody.
Una gran cantidad de información infaltable para cualquiera que esté interesado en la vida de este genio del arte.
A lot of book(s). Two books weigh a total of 14 pounds. But, if you love Dali's art as I do, these books are the next best thing to visiting the museum in St. Petersburg.
Detailed, comprehensive biography with excellent reproductions of some amazing paintings. Holy crap, what a talented original [or is it an original talent].
Jordi Polo
Welcome to the daliverse. This book contains so many pictures that now I am suprised if I see any Dali artwork I can not recognize.
descharnes is always so thorough and interesting, the best art book i own in terms of layout and text. dali is the man!
Matt 2D
The definite collection of every Dali painting known to man... or at least most of them!
Jason Cryer
Absolutely brilliant. A collection of all of Dalí's paintings. The best books I own.
Elisabeth Moser
beautiful work. it always in spires me to be more creative
Vocabulary lessons abound & of course, great artwork!
A decent collection of Salvador Dali paintings. Surprise!
a thorough retrospective of a genius! Dali is beyond human
Very obscure art, but I love to look at it.
Marty O'Brien
Great book. Slowly working on it...
Roberta Frontini
My favourite artist! Love his work!
overwhelming awesome I just love him.
The complete oeuvre!
1001 Acessórios
Aprender a apreciar
  • The Magic Mirror of M.C. Escher
  • Edvard Munch: 1863-1944 (Basic Art)
  • Sacred Mirrors: The Visionary Art of Alex Grey