3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Sizzling new paranormal erotic romance from the author of Enticed.

A Dreamwalker trained by the U.S. to assassinate people through their dreams, and an incubus dutybound to stop the country?s enemies, Damon prefers seducing women in their sleep.

A shapeshifter and master thief, Rory is a woman who is always up for a challenge. When a national security threat arises, the tw...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Berkley Trade

Kelly
If you love the word carnal then you will love reading Dante's sex scenes. She uses it over and over and over again. She was in need of a Thesaurus. Every time I saw "carnal" I was taken right out of the story.

The whole book felt very cold. The sex scenes are Boring!

The thing that is just sad is that the concept was really fresh with the dream-walking and shifting but in my opinion it failed in the delivery.

Joe
different take on paranormal. author needs to keep the action by having characters do more stuff and meet more challanges and conflicts especially in the emotional realm.. the sex scenes are too manufactured and mechanical.. where is the real gut emotion?
Lauren
3 Stars

Synopsis:
Damon Venizelos is an incubus or dreamwalker, who works as an assassin for the US government and kills people in their sleep. His latest mission is to recruit master thief and shapeshifter, Rory diScipio, for the most dangerous job of her life – stealing a nuclear weapon from terrorists. As the two work closely together, they risk not only their lives but their hearts as well.

Review:
The premise is extremely appealing; unfortunately, the execution is weak and disappoi...more
Amanda
DREAMWALKER by Kathleen Dante is superb! Drama, passion and a killer storyline are only a few things that really made this such a fantastic read. I was completely immersed in the amazing storyline of DREAMWALKER. I've never read a story that left me tingling so much from beginning to end. The thought of a man entering my dreams to seduce me left me quivering. Aurora is such a lucky girl! Damon is such a compelling character. He knows he's supposed to bring Aurora down, but he can't seem to help...more
Lynda Warnock
Hot, sexy Damon Venizélos is the Dreamwalker, and he can visit my dreams anytime. An incubus and a special agent, tall, sexy and built – seems like the perfect man, until you realize he can kill you when he visits your dreams. Rory is a born shapeshifter and a master thief – a close guarded secret that no one outside her family is aware of. When Damon needs Rory’s help to rescue a stolen nuke neither one of them know what they are getting in to.

Rory is so drawn to Damon that she makes sex a cond...more
Kate
I liked the two main characters, the female was brave and strong willed with a touch of femininity. Aurora was a great character to read from and follow. Damon was sweet when you expected him to be harsh, it was a nice change of pace from these types of novels and their ideal "hero". The only thing that kept me from loving this book was her loose end of a family as well as the author losing me a few times with some of her banter between the characters, I felt like I was missing a page. All in al...more
pianogal
This one got better as it went...but frankly it didn't have anywhere to go but up. The opening scene where she measures his crotch with her hands?!? Really? Don't most people just shake hands and call it a day? And if they are both "supernatural" (and I use the term loosely), then why didn't either one of them recognize that the other is different? I guess a lot of this book just didn't work for me - or was too easy. I'm kinda sorry I read it, to be honest. At least, I had only checked it out fr...more
Cheap and Lazy
Exceptionally well-drawn characters and the most detailed action/spy stuff I've ever read in an erotic romance (and not just the love scenes). The romantic conflict was believable and well-developed. The paranormal element only added to the thrill. Something else I really appreciated was that although the love scenes were plentiful, they were always perfectly well-placed, never felt thrown in or too frequent or get-it-over-with-and-get-on-with-the-story. I was thankful to read this as an e-book...more
Lara
This was my first Kathleen Dante book and it won't be my last. She writes a taut moving story with well flushed characters and fast pacing. Rory is intriguing. Her ability to shapeshift is amazing and beautifully described. Damon is strong mental and physically. His motivations are well defined and he is the perfect (while still being flawed) hero. Their crazy ride to steal a portable nuke is a rollercoaster ride of events and passion. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to picking up mo...more
Jessica
Except for the overuse of some words such as 'rapture' and 'adonis' which are super cheesy, this was actually well written! A healthy mix of mature content and a good paced action adventure with a great plot. Although the characters weren't super developed it was enough to keep me invested in their connection. It was definitely a fun read!
Jean
Apr 22, 2012 Jean rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
Natalie
The story is OK but the sex is HOT and frequent. If that's what you're looking for then it's all good. OK, you'll need a "friend" of one kind or another to help you through this book. For the best idea of what this book is about check out this video synopsis of it
Bridget
Main characters are a covert operative, Damon, who is a succubus, and a lamia/shape shifter master thief, Rory. They get paired on a job to recover a suitcase nuke and, of course, fall in love. Fun read but nothing special.
Heather
This book had all the elements I like to read... romance, mystery, erotica, and the paranormal. It was a pleasant surprise! I will definitely be looking out for Kathleen Dante's other books.
Karmen
Lamia (thief) and sucubus/dreamwalker (FBI) working together to recapture a nuclear warhead from PKA (Albania) terrorist. Held in Kosovo.

Very interesting read.
Brianna
pretty good. I felt like there was too many sex scenes to understand the subplot that was really going on/ it was good, but it could have been better.
A book with sex scene after sex scene. I wish there had been a bit more development with the thievery plot but oh well. Overall a good book.
Daisy
Great action scenes and they were well written. The romance aspect was pretty intense too.
Cheryl
It wasn't a bad book for what it was. Summer reading, didn't have to think too hard.
Karla
Nov 11, 2010 Karla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
good idea but not really develped much...too much a romance novel
Caroline
I enjoyed this book it was a good story...
Kitty Mulholland
Kitty Mulholland marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Sammy Simm
Sammy Simm marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Ruthie
Ruthie added it
Jul 15, 2014
Laura Guardia
Laura Guardia marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Samantha Krause
Samantha Krause marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Lorna
Lorna marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • If Wishes Were Horses
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • Hammer Down (Children of the Undying, #1)
  • Maiden and the Monster
  • Sex Magick (The Rune Witch, #1)
  • Dragon's Prey (Shadow of the Dragon, #4)
  • Summer Song
  • Dark Elves: Taken (Dark Elves #1 & #2)
  • Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian (Seducing the Classics, #3)
  • Bond of Darkness (Texas Vampires, #3)
  • Awaken, My Love
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • Master of Desire (Brides of Caralon, #2)
  • Finding Grace
  • Sexy Devil (Psychic Hunters #1)
  • The Chosen Sin
  • The Price of Desire (Avon Red)
National bestselling author Kathleen Dante is an inveterate reader who began reading romances with her mother’s Mills & Boons at age 8. Although romance dominates her library, she enjoys scifi/fantasy, manga, encyclopedias, dictionaries and the occasional non-fiction.

She made her first stab at writing fiction when she was 9 and was traumatized when it sounded awful read aloud. Creative writing...more
More about Kathleen Dante...
Entangled Enticed Endangered Sexy Beast II (Sexy Beast #2) Sexy Beast VIII (Sexy Beast #8)