Start by marking “Dreamwalker” as Want to Read:

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Sizzling new paranormal erotic romance from the author of Enticed.

A Dreamwalker trained by the U.S. to assassinate people through their dreams, and an incubus dutybound to stop the country?s enemies, Damon prefers seducing women in their sleep.

A shapeshifter and master thief, Rory is a woman who is always up for a challenge. When a national security threat arises, the tw
Published May 6th 2008 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Dreamwalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamwalker

Jessica Uzzo
What's this?! A hot erotica with an actual plot? Amazing!
Heroine: I loved that she was so take charge. She was unafraid of her own sexuality and saved herself rather than relying on someone else to do it. She was guarded but she let the hero in without a whole lot of trouble. I wouldn't have minded some more development on her family though and her relationship with them. Also while the whole lamia thing is interesting, it's not exactly true to the actual myths which at most depict the lamia as
If you love the word carnal then you will love reading Dante's sex scenes. She uses it over and over and over again. She was in need of a Thesaurus. Every time I saw "carnal" I was taken right out of the story.

The whole book felt very cold. The sex scenes are Boring!

The thing that is just sad is that the concept was really fresh with the dream-walking and shifting but in my opinion it failed in the delivery.

different take on paranormal. author needs to keep the action by having characters do more stuff and meet more challanges and conflicts especially in the emotional realm.. the sex scenes are too manufactured and mechanical.. where is the real gut emotion?
3 Stars

Damon Venizelos is an incubus or dreamwalker, who works as an assassin for the US government and kills people in their sleep. His latest mission is to recruit master thief and shapeshifter, Rory diScipio, for the most dangerous job of her life – stealing a nuclear weapon from terrorists. As the two work closely together, they risk not only their lives but their hearts as well.

The premise is extremely appealing; unfortunately, the execution is weak and disappoi
DREAMWALKER by Kathleen Dante is superb! Drama, passion and a killer storyline are only a few things that really made this such a fantastic read. I was completely immersed in the amazing storyline of DREAMWALKER. I've never read a story that left me tingling so much from beginning to end. The thought of a man entering my dreams to seduce me left me quivering. Aurora is such a lucky girl! Damon is such a compelling character. He knows he's supposed to bring Aurora down, but he can't seem to help ...more
Lynda Warnock
Hot, sexy Damon Venizélos is the Dreamwalker, and he can visit my dreams anytime. An incubus and a special agent, tall, sexy and built – seems like the perfect man, until you realize he can kill you when he visits your dreams. Rory is a born shapeshifter and a master thief – a close guarded secret that no one outside her family is aware of. When Damon needs Rory’s help to rescue a stolen nuke neither one of them know what they are getting in to.

Rory is so drawn to Damon that she makes sex a cond
I liked the two main characters, the female was brave and strong willed with a touch of femininity. Aurora was a great character to read from and follow. Damon was sweet when you expected him to be harsh, it was a nice change of pace from these types of novels and their ideal "hero". The only thing that kept me from loving this book was her loose end of a family as well as the author losing me a few times with some of her banter between the characters, I felt like I was missing a page. All in al ...more
May 26, 2015 Megan added it
Shelves: dnf, erotic
I am reading the book and so far I'm not seeing the usual type of paranormal attached to "Paranormal Romance".

It is really just 2 people with extraordinary gifts(that's what I interpret it as in this book) solving human problems, doing human things and having great sex.

I have no problem with books veering off the normal route but this one is not for me.
DNF. Tried and tried but the sex scenes seemed thrown in, too frequently, and the storyline wasn't compelling enough. Just giving up as life's too short to force myself to finish a crappy book.
This one got better as it went...but frankly it didn't have anywhere to go but up. The opening scene where she measures his crotch with her hands?!? Really? Don't most people just shake hands and call it a day? And if they are both "supernatural" (and I use the term loosely), then why didn't either one of them recognize that the other is different? I guess a lot of this book just didn't work for me - or was too easy. I'm kinda sorry I read it, to be honest. At least, I had only checked it out fr ...more
Cheap and Lazy
Exceptionally well-drawn characters and the most detailed action/spy stuff I've ever read in an erotic romance (and not just the love scenes). The romantic conflict was believable and well-developed. The paranormal element only added to the thrill. Something else I really appreciated was that although the love scenes were plentiful, they were always perfectly well-placed, never felt thrown in or too frequent or get-it-over-with-and-get-on-with-the-story. I was thankful to read this as an e-book ...more
I wish this book had another story of the pair planned!
Looking forward to exploring the author's other books.
This was my first Kathleen Dante book and it won't be my last. She writes a taut moving story with well flushed characters and fast pacing. Rory is intriguing. Her ability to shapeshift is amazing and beautifully described. Damon is strong mental and physically. His motivations are well defined and he is the perfect (while still being flawed) hero. Their crazy ride to steal a portable nuke is a rollercoaster ride of events and passion. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to picking up mo ...more
Except for the overuse of some words such as 'rapture' and 'adonis' which are super cheesy, this was actually well written! A healthy mix of mature content and a good paced action adventure with a great plot. Although the characters weren't super developed it was enough to keep me invested in their connection. It was definitely a fun read!
Apr 22, 2012 Mimi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
The story is OK but the sex is HOT and frequent. If that's what you're looking for then it's all good. OK, you'll need a "friend" of one kind or another to help you through this book. For the best idea of what this book is about check out this video synopsis of it
Main characters are a covert operative, Damon, who is a succubus, and a lamia/shape shifter master thief, Rory. They get paired on a job to recover a suitcase nuke and, of course, fall in love. Fun read but nothing special.
This book had all the elements I like to read... romance, mystery, erotica, and the paranormal. It was a pleasant surprise! I will definitely be looking out for Kathleen Dante's other books.
Lamia (thief) and sucubus/dreamwalker (FBI) working together to recapture a nuclear warhead from PKA (Albania) terrorist. Held in Kosovo.

Very interesting read.
pretty good. I felt like there was too many sex scenes to understand the subplot that was really going on/ it was good, but it could have been better.
A book with sex scene after sex scene. I wish there had been a bit more development with the thievery plot but oh well. Overall a good book.
Great action scenes and they were well written. The romance aspect was pretty intense too.
It wasn't a bad book for what it was. Summer reading, didn't have to think too hard.
Nov 11, 2010 Karla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
good idea but not really develped much...too much a romance novel
I enjoyed this book it was a good story...
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • If Wishes Were Horses
  • Icy Passage
  • The Claiming of Moira Shine
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • Hammer Down (Children of the Undying, #1)
  • Summer Song
  • Dragon's Prey (Shadow of the Dragon, #4)
  • I Got Your Back, Hailey
  • Dark Elves: Taken (Dark Elves #1 & #2)
  • Bond of Darkness (Texas Vampires, #3)
  • Sex Magick (The Rune Witch, #1)
  • Maiden and the Monster
  • Awaken, My Love
  • Switch
  • Master of Desire (Brides of Caralon, #2)
  • The Chosen Sin
  • Before the Witches (Dark Mission 0.5)
National bestselling author Kathleen Dante is an inveterate reader who began reading romances with her mother’s Mills & Boons at age 8. Although romance dominates her library, she enjoys scifi/fantasy, manga, encyclopedias, dictionaries and the occasional non-fiction.

She made her first stab at writing fiction when she was 9 and was traumatized when it sounded awful read aloud. Creative writing
More about Kathleen Dante...
Entangled Enticed Endangered Sexy Beast II (Sexy Beast #2) Sexy Beast VIII (Sexy Beast #8)