Start by marking “Blackbird (Newstead Anthem, book 1)” as Want to Read:
Blackbird (Newstead Anthem, book 1)

Blackbird (Newstead Anthem, book 1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  6 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Blackbird: Book One in the Newstead Anthem
Steven Raynor is hiding things at a place where nothing gets hidden, at least not without a price. When his junior year starts and he gets stuck with a new roommate, he assumes the time has finally come. But he forgot one thing: At Newstead, there is no cost too high for a traitor.
*Blackbird is The Newstead Project told from Steve
Published March 18th 2014 by Black and White Publishing Co.

To ask other readers questions about Blackbird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackbird

Heather Langston
Jul 27, 2014 Heather Langston rated it liked it
Okay I want to start off saying that this was the first book I've read in the Newstead series. So that probably accounts for some of my confusion in the first part of the book. Before choosing to review this book, I did look at the reviews on the others in the Newstead Trilogy and got the feeling that this was a spinoff but, since it looked like it could be read as a stand alone novel and it piqued my interest, I decided to check it out.

So, first things first. As I said, the first bit of the boo
Katie Cross
Jul 01, 2014 Katie Cross rated it really liked it
Okay, I read Blackbird after only having read the first book of the Newstead Trilogy about Joel. I'm glad I read that one first, and then this one, as this one was ALL the more delightful because I'd read about Joel.

Anyway, I had my issues with Joel's story. While I liked it, I didn't love it. I liked it enough I wanted to read more. However, I LOVED Blackbird. I was traveling in DC when I read it. I only had 10% left, so I stopped at a park bench to finish because I just couldn't wait.

While it
Myeve123
Apr 07, 2014 Myeve123 rated it really liked it
WOW! This book blows my mind.

(view spoiler)
Elle
May 09, 2014 Elle rated it really liked it
I got this book as a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. And I'm always honest about books...

Blackbird was somewhat of a hodgepodge of the YA fantasy genre. I saw a little bit of the Fallen series in here, a bit of The Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices series. Basically, it was right up my alley.

The plot was fantastic and I really liked the main character. The whole thing is so secretive, you learn as you go. I kind of liked that, but I will admit that it frustrat
Bish Denham
May 16, 2014 Bish Denham rated it really liked it
I got this as an ARC.

Despite the fact that I was a bit confused at the beginning because I have not read the first books in this series and despite the fact that this is not a genre I normally read, I was totally sucked into Steven's life. I felt I had stepped straight into a strange and compelling world that is brutal and terrible, a world from which I could not turn away.

Ms Schulz's writing is very well paced and her world building is excellent. Even though I didn't know the character's (havi
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Michelle Hart
Michelle Hart marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Nicolas122
Nicolas122 marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Marni
Marni marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015