Start by marking “My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding (A Southern Thing #3)” as Want to Read:
My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding (A Southern Thing #3)

My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding (A Southern Thing #3)

When he was a kid, Jack Miller thought life would be a certain way, then he figured out he liked boys and not girls, changing the course of his future. Jack has spent the last few years learning that life doesn't always give you what you expect, in both good and bad ways.

Andrew's gone missing and Jack's parents have split. He's made it through high school, but the future i
Published March 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding

BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

The story picks up a few months after the events in Sending Jack Off To Jesus (A Southern Thing, #2) and both Jack and Andrew’s lives are in a tailspin. Andrew believes Jack is dead and is hitchhiking his was across the country aimlessly moving trying to find a way through his devastation. Jack has been rescued from the psycho hate camp and is desperately trying to find Andrew. As the weeks turn into months Jack begins to allow doubts to creep in that Andrew may be dead because he knows in his
Denise White
Jan 18, 2015 Denise White rated it it was ok
Ok I loved the 1st two books I was so emotional connected with Andrew and Jack but this final installment was just disappointing I felt non of that emotional pull..I'm glad they got their HEA but this book just wasn't all that good for me.. I wanted to like it I just couldn't
Dee Wy
Dec 15, 2014 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Really enjoyed seeing Andrew and Jack get their happy ever after. All the loose strings were tied up, perhaps a bit too easily and too picture perfect, but these two deserved it. Glad to hear Billy will get his own story next. Yea!
B
Apr 26, 2015 B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The audio was amazing ....Jason Frazier is just an out standing narrator.
The story was excellent also .
Mark
PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING: LISTENING MAY INDUCE UNCONTROLLABLE SOBBING, GOOFY GRINS AND CHEESY SIGHS!

I’m a self-confessed, unashamed, romantic sap and this last book hit home like no other. Yes, this last book which sees Jack and Andrew reach their final and incredible happy end. It was a long journey, hard fought and after all they had been through all the more deserved than any other HEA I have ever read. Yes, I think I cried a river at the beginning of this book, in the middle and at the end. T
T. Smith
Jul 12, 2015 T. Smith rated it it was amazing
Andrew is finally out from under his abusive parent’s control, but his life is in a tail spin. You see, Andrew has not only hit rock bottom, he believes his soul died along with Jack, so he returns to Sweet one last time to say goodbye to his love. I swear, angels were rejoicing when these two were reunited but time apart and life’s hard knocks have left lasting marks on both young men, both body and soul.

Andrew is honest with Jack about where he has been and what he has done. And while Jack un
Dawn Smith
Apr 23, 2014 Dawn Smith rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this series by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I cannot tell you how hard I fell in love with this amazing M/M series. I adored everything about these books, which contain everything you could possibly want for a perfect read: love, drama, romance, sexiness, angst, and emotion. This series will pull at your heartstrings and make you fall in love over and over again.

The series starts out with Pray The Gay Away. This is the story of Jack, the star football player,
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Jack and Andrews story continues here. Let’s hope they can finally see some happiness!

This book picks the story up a few months from where we left the boys in book 2 and their lives have not got any happier or easier.
Andrew is feeling bereft. He is travelling from state to state with any trucker that will give him a ride by whatever means possible. As he sinks further and further into depression, believing his beloved Jack is dead, he does things he never believed
Jodie
Mar 31, 2014 Jodie rated it it was amazing
WOW,WOW,WOW!

Jack and Andrew, where do I start. The entire series has been well written, amazingly thought through and has shown us all what True Love is all about.

At the end of Sending Jack to Jesus, I was completely heartbroken, This continued through the Southern Wedding, To a point of taking me to a place that the tears were streaming down my face!

The story is like two opposites emotions, Jack is trying desperately to find Andrew, with all the determination in the world to get his other ha
Suzanne King-Genton
Nov 12, 2014 Suzanne King-Genton rated it it was amazing
Beautiful love story

Wow, this story is so wonderful. Jack and Andrew, truly in love letting nothing get between them. Their story is a sadly difficult one with too much angst on each other's side of families. Their parents being so closed minded just / about ruined the boy's lives but once again LOVE conquered all. And love is love no matter who the people are. Things story is pure, beautiful, breathtaking, goose-bumpleing (made that one up), heart thumping and romantic love between 2 men and ma
Tracy
Apr 18, 2014 Tracy rated it it was amazing
This series from start to finish took me on a journey I wasn't expecting. I went through so many emotions and ended up crying tear of sadness as well as joy. Sara York captured the realities young people still go through today perfectly!
I fell in love with Jack and Andrew and also a few other characters but this was all down to the authors amazing ability to make you feel part of the storyline.

These characters will stay with me for a long time and I will certainly be recommending this series to
Charles
May 01, 2015 Charles rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely loved all of Sara York's "A Souther Thing" books and this one was no different. My heart absolutely broke seeing their struggles. This book definitely pulled my heartstrings. I was so happy they receive their HEA, as it was definitely deserved.

I listened to the audiobook. Jason Frazier never fails to meet my expectations. The passion and emotion he emits while narrating a story creates a link between the listener and the characters. His voice gives the characters life, which i
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
Stars 4.4

This book start off where the last one end. This last book in the series is the journey of Jack tracking down Andrew. Will Jack be able to forgive all the wrongs that Andrew has to do after he thought he had lost Jack forever?

Wrap up for the series was great. I was worried after reading the first story I would not be able to get into the other two but they way outshined the first one.
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
Too much telling, too many things happened out of "scenes" of the book, giving conclusions instead of the actions in the story. This made me unable to connect as much with the story or the characters. Pity, I liked the previous books, and Jack and Andrew deserved every bit of their happily-ever-after. I wanted more, dammit!
Arzu
3,5 stars
Melisa
Jun 27, 2014 Melisa rated it really liked it
<3<3<3
I'm so happy they got their HEA!! Do we get a Billy book?!
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://www.multitaskingmommas.com/201...

A friend recommended this but it took me a bit of time to finally pick this series up. Once I did though, all I could do was just read. I expected a really dramatic YA story, something that would leave me with a heavy heart even when the HEA is reached. This is an HEA, but it takes the author until the third book to tell the story of Jack and Andrew.

Jack and Andrew's story, as told in this series, is kind of a fairy tale. It is written
Angela Goodrich
I am in awe. Ms. York’s A Southern Thing series has been a beautifully written and emotional journey that I am so pleased that I could be a part of because when I read, I immerse myself in the book. My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding was just as intense as the previous two books in the series. And while you can gather from the title that Andrew and Jack finally get their happy ending, their path was just as full of obstacles in this installment of their story. There were many adjustments to be made ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
This is the conclusion to the series and what an end to an heartbreaking yet heartwarming story! I liked the first two books but loved this one.

The book picks up where it left off in sending off to Jesus. Jack and Andrew are now apart and are living totally different lives. This is not but choice. They need each-other so Jack goes on a journey to find his only love and Andrew has no idea that he should be. They are both lost and trying to move on as best they could until it is just too much. Th
Cathy Brockman
May 15, 2014 Cathy Brockman rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book of this story. If you haven’t read the first two, I suggest you do. This series does need to be read in order. It could stand alone but you really wouldn’t get the proper feel of the characters.
Having said that, this is the perfect finale. It begins with more angst and emotion of Jack and Andrew. These two men sure went through all kinds of hell to get to where they are.
Jack tries to hunt down Andrew after his past ordeal, but his family moved leaving no trace.
Seiran
This book picks the story of Andrew and Jack a few months from where we left them in book 2, and their lives are still not any happier.

The story picks up with Andrew travelling from state to state with any trucker that will give him a ride by whatever means necessary. As he sinks further and further into depression, believing his beloved Jack is dead, he does things he never believed possible just to survive. His fear of his parents finding him prevents him from reaching out to anyone from his p
Candice
Aug 22, 2014 Candice rated it really liked it
Book 3 was very emotional and at times heartbreaking. This book wraps up Jack's and Andrew's journey to happiness. There are many bumps in the road that mature them yet strengthen their love. I liked how the road was not easy and problems weren't instantly solved. However I don't feel the book or series was really realistic at times. Often minor characters were either a 100% for their relationship or vehemently against it which I didn't find realistic.

At times the author was a bit preachy throu
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 24, 2014 United Indie Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Sara York is amazing. This book was wonderfully written just like the first two Pray The Gay Away and Sending Jack Off To Jesus. This story picks up where Sending Jack Off To Jesus ending and it is more heartache and tragedy for our loving couple Jack and Andrew. My heart broke more for Andrew in this story than anyone. At one point he thinks Jake is dead and he is left with no one and has to go through life doing some horrible things to survive. While Jake is searching for Andrew all over the ...more
Tony
Mar 18, 2015 Tony rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars.

Call me jaded, but after the hurt/dark/hate that was in the first two books, I had a hard time getting into the 3rd book. I wanted to make sure I got through the series so that I could put Jack and Andrew's story to bed.

Mitch... really? (view spoiler)
Discerningcritic
Oct 10, 2014 Discerningcritic rated it liked it
I admit to being disappointed. This upset me, because I quite like Sara York's work, as a rule. This novel had the potential to be a climatic end to a rather good, if not brilliant, series. However, as I say, I was disappointed. The tone and voice of the protagonists has changed in this book, from the first. They are flat, one dimensional, and the dialogue is unfortunately stilted and unrealistic. The plot line, while having the chance to be out of this world, got lost somewhere along the way ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
This book picks up right where Sending Jack off to Jesus left off. Jack has been rescued from the torture he was forced to endure at the camp for gays his father sent him to. He is focusing on finishing high school and getting his scholarship for college. He is also actively looking for Andrew anywhere he can think to look.

Andrew is just barely surviving. Thinking Jack is dead he is doing terrible things to earn money, so he can put a roof over his head and eat. Eventually he has had enough and
SiKReviews
Sep 12, 2016 SiKReviews rated it it was amazing
The "A Southern Thing Series" in a whole is an amazing love story. We meet Jack and Andrew in high school and follow their story throughout the exploration of their love and their sexuality. I found myself laughing at one moment, full of hope and love. The next moment, I was in hysterics and despair the next. My heart sang for the couple just as it broke into so many pieces that I didn't even know if it would be to rights again.

I can't to tell you my favorite book, nor can I tell you my favorit
Crystal
May 11, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I loved and hated this series. It was the emotional rollercoaster from hell but was well worth it.
As you follow Jack and Andrew through their story you can't help but feel connected to them. When they were happy it was amazing and when they weren't it was heartbreaking. The things that they go through are horrible and made my heart ache as I was reading it but there were moments that made it all worth it.
I really admire the author for the way she wrote them and the issues they faced. Their sto
Buffi BeCraft-Woodall
Jul 13, 2014 Buffi BeCraft-Woodall rated it it was amazing
Fyi, this is primarily listed as an LGBT love story, but it is so much more. This story also isn't a stand alone. You have to read all three books to get the ENTIRE story, so my review is mostly based on all three, since I binge-read them over the weekend. I'll be posting the same review on all three books because they should be read together.

Yes, the story has a love at first sight element, but it carries through beautifully with the true love theme all the way through to the last book. I'm not
Florentina
Jul 24, 2016 Florentina rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start with this.

Okay "My Big Fat Southern Gay Wedding" is the 3rd and last book in "The Southern Thing" series about Andrews and Jacks story by Sara York. And I would have to say this was a huge improvement from the 1st and 2nd book in the series.

I love the improvement in this book. Actually I'm gonna say it's my favourite one out of the 3 books.

Yes, there was some bits in the book I taught was really cheesy but we are bound to have that since it's a romantic novel s
  • Starting Point (Turning Point, #3)
  • Vanished 3 (Vanished #3)
  • Bootleg Diva: Confessions of a Quarterback Princess by Levi Brody (Southern Scrimmage, #4)
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • A Forbidden Rumspringa (Gay Amish Romance #1)
  • A White Coat Is My Closet
  • Secrets and Ink (Secrets, #1)
  • Loveblood
  • Violence Begets...
  • Personal Secrets (Personal, #3)
  • Always (Always #1)
  • For Never and Always
  • The First Three Rules (My Brother's Keeper, #1)
  • The Littlest Assassin-Shifters (Assassin/Shifters, #18)
  • The V Unit
  • How I Met Your Father
  • Penalty Shot (Hat Trick #3)
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)

A Southern Thing (4 books)
  • Pray The Gay Away (A Southern Thing, #1)
  • Sending Jack Off To Jesus (A Southern Thing, #2)
  • Billy (A Southern Thing #4)