Start by marking “Lizbet's Lie” as Want to Read:
Lizbet's Lie

Lizbet's Lie

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Assaulted and pregnant, sixteen-year-old Lizbet Morgan is shipped off to give birth in secrecy and hand her baby over to strangers. When she returns home to her family’s strict religious community, she is expected to pick up where she left off.

But the nightmare isn’t over. Her friend Johnny isn’t the only one asking questions, and Lizbet fears that the reason for her abse
Published March 10th 2014 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about Lizbet's Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizbet's Lie

Judy
Jul 08, 2014 Judy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Female readers of YA Novels
Recommended to Judy by: Brenda Maxfield
Book 4 of The Edgemont Series: Lizbet's story-- an excellent YA novel

After reading Farah's Deadline: Book 3 in The Edgemont Series, I had to buy and read Lizbet's Lie immediately. I had enjoyed the development of Farah's story and her friendship with Lizbet, and I felt invested enough in the characters that I HAD TO continue reading their story. (You really should read at least Book 3 of the series, Farah's Deadline before reading this book)

In Farah's Deadline, we enjoy the development of a true
Terri Sullivan
Aug 06, 2014 Terri Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Lizbet's Lie is book 4 in The Edgemont Series. This is Lizbet's story and how she and her family deal with things that have happened to her.

I love the characters in this book, Lizbet and her family and how Ms. Maxfield describes their very conservative ways. Farah comes to visit and she is far from conservative and I love Lizbet's mother's reaction to everything Farah says and does.

Even though I have started in the middle of this series, I am able to understand the stories as if they are stand a
Melissa
Jul 16, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I was gifted this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second book in the series that I have read. Just like the first I found myself emotionally attached from the beginning. Every character adds another depth to the storyline. Definitely a series to be read!
Opal Campbell
Jan 29, 2015 Opal Campbell rated it it was amazing
I am not normally one for YA but read another int his series and loved it....Loved this one too :) The emotions of a teen are so real...brought back memories of what it felt like as a teen girl to think everything was so emotional. LOVE this series and the author :)
Peggy
Jul 29, 2014 Peggy rated it it was amazing
*ARC FOR HONEST REVIEW*

Emotional ride when reading this book. Again Brenda Maxfield brings a great story more on the realistic side of reading. So many deal with the issues that are based in this story. Another must read!
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
jenna
jenna marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Carole Wheeler
Carole Wheeler marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2016
I started writing as a child, stories of fairy princesses and talking animals. I have since set them aside to write about teens--their heartaches and triumphs, and always with a bit of romance thrown in to complicate matters. If you're looking for books that are good, clean, teen reads, you've come to the right place!

I'm a high school teacher so I spend most of my waking hours with teenagers. I lo
More about Brenda Maxfield...