Start by marking “Tiger's Eye” as Want to Read:
Tiger's Eye

Tiger's Eye

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  646 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Lady Isabella St. Just is shocked to learn the identity of the daring champion who comes to her aid -- for the man who rescues her from desperate felons is none other than Alec Tyron, the notorious king of London's underworld. Now she is beholden to an outlaw who is respected and feared throughout the city and stunned by her own intense desire for this dark man of mystery....more
Published December 26th 2006 by Avon (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Tiger's Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger's Eye

Lover Awakened by J.R. WardDark Lover by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasLover Unbound by J.R. Ward
Best Alpha/Gamma Hero
307th out of 645 books — 507 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenOutlander by Diana GabaldonJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëTwilight by Stephenie MeyerSense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Best Top Romance Novels of All Time
441st out of 580 books — 792 voters

More lists with this book...

Ana T.
What a deliciously fun romp! I had no idea what to expect when I started this book, in fact I have no idea still why I added it to my TBR pile since it was so long ago that I did.

The story opens with Lady Isabella being kidnapped and later victim of a murder attempt at the orders of her husband.

Isabella is a sort of innocent and naïve heroine, one of those girls who are usually very annoying but that here I think worked rather well. She and Alex are soon attracted to each other, besides her bei...more
liz
You know the drill, "upper-class woman falls for the wrong man." Except, in this case her husband is trying to kill her. Awesome! Of course he teaches her what true love (in all of its glorious physicality) really is.

She could refuse him, and he would stop. He had said he did not force unwilling women, and she believed him.
But she was not unwilling. And he was not Bernard.
(dun-dun DUNNNNNN)
~Sara~
I don't like books where the heroine has to choose between her abusive husband and her lover but the final scene between the H/h almost made it worthwhile for me.
Manuela
Madara
I read Karen Robard's "Irresistible" a while ago and barely managed to read it through. However, I dared to give her second opportunity based on suggestion from a friend by reading another book of hers - "Tiger's Eye". Well, it was better, but I don't think I read any other book of hers.

After the first pages I stared to the book with disbelief - lady, wed by her father to a cold man, is getting kidnapped because her husband wants her dead? AGAIN? What is it with Robards and this storyline?

To my...more
BRNTerri
Anna Mcfadden
Lady Isabela is kidnapped and at the time she tries to escape she runs to into Alec Tyrone (The Tiger) king of the underworld and he rescues. they discover someone hire the guys to kidnapped her then when ransom was paid to killed her only she escape first. Isabel la knows only Alec is save her from her husband. Their love should not be with her being a Lady on the ton and him a lowlife criminal but their love proves the world wrong.
Cristina Contilli
"Isabella non riusciva a togliersi dalla mente l'idea che qualcosa fosse accaduto tra lei e Alec, qualcosa che andava al di là di ogni sua esperienza precedente. Qualcosa di ardente e segreto che aveva fatto irradiare il calore provato alle guance...
a tutto il corpo, fino alla punta dei piedi."

"Sì, maledizione! Ti sposerò domani se sarà possibile e il giorno dopo se la cosa non si dovesse concretizzare! E che il resto del mondo si impicchi!"

Una giusta conclusione vista l'enorme differenza soci...more
Macarena Albendiz
Más de 400 páginas sin acción apenas y sin conocer a los protagonistas a fondo. Decepción tremenda, la autora se afana en describir situaciones una y otra vez, y en cambio no se para en otros aspectos como conocer por dentro a los personajes. Los capítulos son demasiados cortos (algunos apenas de 3 páginas) y eso hace que la lectura sea lenta porque no te enganchas nada y quieres dejar la toalla cada vez que pasas de página. Resumiendo: no me gusta Karen Robards en este género de romántica histó...more
Elle
Kidnapped for ransom, Lady Isabella St. Just initially cooperates with her captors - until she realizes they mean to kill her. Then she escapes them and runs right into the arms of the Tiger, lord of the London underworld. It seems they both have something in common - someone in their lives wants to kill them. A pretty good read, but not a keeper.
Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants
I would really give this book 2.5 stars. I liked it okay. The story was different, but I didn't necessarily like either of the characters. The story could have been a lot cooler with the hero being the "lord of London's underworld." But once again, I was sadly disappointed. There was no coolness. I did finish the book, which has to mean it was okay.
penelopewanders
A rather improbable but nonetheless very fun tale of two totally mismatched people falling in love. Nice characters, a very entertaining read.
Unfortunately my copy was edited throughout by pencil so that was a bit irritating at times.
Kshydog
A good start but fails to stay realistic. Lady Isabella is believable at first but then becomes more fickle female and adulteress as the story progresses. Alec as King of London's outlaws stays more true to his character.
Liz
Jan 15, 2011 Liz marked it as to-read
Shelves: romance
Really cliche. I've read almost the exact same plot, but done better by a different author. I almost didn't finish it. It gets two starts because I did finish it.
Gina
Apr 12, 2013 Gina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Manupriya
Jul 25, 2014 Manupriya rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: None
Recommended to Manupriya by: Our stupid College
Shannon Cheek
This was one of the first romance novels I read- I still love it.
Kelly
A nice light fluffy read. Enjoy the "magical" aspects.
Blskelly
Good read, but not my favorite from this author.
Kholoud
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laura Hedrick
Laura Hedrick marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Tina English
Tina English marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
kelly
kelly added it
Sep 25, 2014
Lovetoread
Lovetoread marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
  • No Gentle Love
  • Desert Hostage
  • Lie Down In Roses
  • Tempted
  • Royal Seduction (Royal, #1)
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Dark Before the Rising Sun
  • Night Secrets
  • Keeper of the Dream
  • Love Me, Marietta
  • Dark Fires (Bragg Saga, #4)
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
  • Enchantress
  • Lily
Karen was born on 24 August 1954 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. She has been writing since she was a teenager. She sold her first short story, when was very young, and was published in the December 1973 Reader's Digest, but she cannot sold her first romance novel until 1981, when she was 24. After it, she dropped out of law school to pursue her writing career. Today, a regular on the New York Times...more
More about Karen Robards...
Shattered Bait One Summer The Last Victim (Dr. Charlotte Stone, #1) Shiver