Start by marking “Take Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Take Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #0.5)

Take Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy 0.5)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  55 reviews
In this Fifth Avenue prequel by USA TODAY bestselling author Maisey Yates, enter the exclusive world of New York's scandalous elite...where everything is about to change

Take Me

Where it all began...

As the son of a high-powered attorney, Travis Beringer has never wanted for anything...except the elusive Sydney Davis. But everything changes in an instant with the shocking dea...more
Published June 1st 2014 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Take Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me

Jonetta
Travis Beringer and Sydney Davis have been best friends since they were 12-years old. When he takes her to the annual Treffen Christmas party, a catastrophic event occurs that forces them to confront their true feelings.

This short novella sets up the series while focusing on the catalyst, Travis, and his best friend Sydney's relationship. Things heated up a bit quickly before we really get to know either of the characters. However, that was later remedied but it's always tough for me to be emot...more
Dee
Not really essential to the series so no need to rush and get it.... Having said that it was a nice little story that would have been much better if it had been a full story giving us a bit more history between them rather than just telling us, or us having to assume what had happened between them over the years.
Fiona Marsden
This is a great little intro to the Fifth Avenue Series. Travis and Sydney are relatively young, ambitious and at the wrong time of their lives to get serious with each other.

When Sarah, Sydney's college room-mate commits suicide at a party surrounded by her work colleagues, including her boss Jason Treffen, it triggers a chain of events both short and long.

For Sydney, the loss of her friend brings her together with her best friend from childhood Travis. They've been skirting around each other f...more
Susan (susayq ~)
Great little intro to a new series. Be warned, it was very angsty. But I love that in a book. I can't wait to see how the series plays out :)
Jan
Great start to the Fifth Avenue series. Two people who have been friends forever were brought together beyond that over the death of their friend. Maisey packed a lot of emotional kick into a short story, causing two people to face up to their fears and hidden feelings for each other. Their story starts at the beginning that will be followed by three other books - Avenge me, Scandalise me, Expose me, which are set ten years later down the track. A fallout from what happened at the beginning of t...more
Jane Stewart
Pretty good. It’s mostly sex scenes and sweet talk. Not much plot.

Kind of gushy-mushy toward the end with a lot of I love you’s – take over my whole soul -- I love you with all of myself. But it’s ok if that’s your mood. It’s a short novella (75 pages). It’s what I expect from Harlequin Presents.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Story length: 75 pages. Swearing language: strong, but not often used. Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: 3. Setting: 2004 and 2014 New York. Copyright: 2014....more
Bea
I was curious about the series so I downloaded this prequel freebie. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I didn't care about Travis or Sydney and the sex seemed to happen way too fast. It felt as if I needed to have already read the series even though this is a prequel. I read the first 35 percent, then skimmed until 69 percent at which point I gave up. I couldn't relate to either of them and I didn't give a damn about either of them.
Jacqueline
I'm not really a fan of MYs but it was free right? It had some holes and was pretty short and sweet. Not horrible but not memorable.
Melissa Marlow
Imagine seeing one of your best friends fling themselves off a balcony to the heavy pavement below. For Travis Beringer, the son of a high-powered attorney, and Sydney Davis, the housekeeper’s daughter and Travis’s best friend, this is the scene tonight. Shocked, confused, and empty they rush out of the party together looking for an escape to coat the sight that replays in their minds.

Afraid to be alone they end up at a hotel side by side sitting on the edge of the bed; both avoiding the thought...more
Cyn
This is the beginning of the Fifth Avenue series how Sarah died, question left unanswered and how two people came together to help get over her death.

Travis and Sydney kind of grow up together, neither wanting to take that next step beyond friendship. All it took was one night, one bad night for their lives to change forever thus bring them together in one heated night to overcome the death of their friend. They thought by turning to each other and having sex they could deal with seeing her dead...more
Desere

Watch out world the men from Fifth Avenue have arrived! In the prequel to what is definitely one of the best series ever released author Maisey Yates takes us into the exclusive world of New York's scandalous elite where everything is about to change.

Take me tells of Travis Beringer, as the son of a high-powered attorney Travis has never wanted for anything except the elusive Sydney Davis.

But everything changes in a heartbeat with the shocking death of her roommate, Sarah Michaels, and suddenl...more
Andrea Guy
I wanted to read this short little prequel the Fifth Avenue trilogy before diving into the rest of the books. I'm glad I did in some ways, however after finishing this little teaser story (its only about 50 pages), I felt Syd and Travis deserved a longer story.

Here's what I loved about the story:

Syd and Travis are bff's. Its always great when the couple are friends first. Its a rich boy poor girl kinda thing too.

The sex is smoking hot. The naughty bits of this story are hotter than the average P...more
Tonileg
Contemporary childhood best friend finally get together in this short story.
Travis Beringer has always been in love with his childhood best friend and the daughter of his family's maid, Sydney Davis. Sydney is a hard worker and has stayed single because she wants to focus on her studies, but she also hides her heart away until her girl bestie dies by suicide which she ends up spending the night with Travis.
Friends to lovers with a skip ahead in the epilogue where we see the two married with thre...more
Britt Marczak
This was a pleasant surprise! I've been wanting to read Maisey Yates for a while now, and this freebie seemed like a good place to start.

I'm so glad I did! The writing was excellent, and I was surprised by how this short novella packed quite the punch! It was sweet, hot, and emotional.

Best friends to lovers isn't one of my favorite tropes because there's never enough tension for me. I was proven wrong with this one, and that makes me incredibly happy.

I'm definitely going to check out the rest o...more
Dianne
A background introduction, Take Me by Maisey Yates is a very brief look at the past of two of the main characters in the Fifth Avenue series. Travis and Sydney have been best friends since they were children, both driven to succeed, but having little success in the area of love until one harsh and heartbreaking event changes their lives forever. Knowing life was precious; these two cling to each other in passion, but was it worth risking their friendship? What will the future bring for them?

Very...more
Jane
What a way to start a trilogy! Take Me is the prequel to this series. The stage is set and the next three books will lead up to the conclusion. This novella is about best friends Travis Beringer and Sydney Davis and how their relationship revolves after the shocking death of Sydney's roommate at a Christmas party in 2004. I look forward to following the chain of events in the coming books.

I received this book from the author/publisher for an honest review.
Molly
Shirts do not have LAPELS!!!

That is just one of the many stupid things repeated in this novella!

Who cares about either of these people? Doesn't anyone care that their best friend is dead? Don't the police want to talk to people who were at the party? How long must your arms and thigh bones be to be on your hands and knees giving a guy a blow job while he is standing up? Why didn't anyone drown in the shower? Argh!!!!
Runner10
Maisey Yates writes a hot novella to start a new series. I have read several books by Maisey and am never disappointed.
Sydney and Travis have been lifelong friends. A tragedy close to each of them draws them even closer together. Will they take the next step or are they afraid it will ruin their friendship? The chemistry between Sydney and Travis was intense.
I can't wait to read more of this series!
N. Kuhn
This book really did nothing for me. I love this series. I love the books and the plot as it unfolds, but there's nothing to this. It's just two people forming a relationship after the death that causes this whole series. I guess if you hadn't already read the series, it may be a good introduction, but as is, it's not. I couldn't get into it.
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Travis and Sydney were at one of Jason Treffen’s famous galas as friend/dates, but it ended up being one of the worst nights of their lives. It also started them down a path upon which they could never turn back. Read More
MaggieReadsRom
3,5 stars
Though too short to really get into the characters of Travis and Sydney TAKE ME was a nice quickie introduction to the 5th Avenue mini series that definitely whetted my appetite for more. Short yet intense with emotions and conflict, I really liked it.

Memorable Scene:
- the one in the shower > pretty d*mn hot!
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
Quickie

Grief can cause any number of reactions.. One being the need of touch and another the spurn of hatred towards something special. Both of those instances happened in this story. There are events that cause a chain reaction. Good to bad to good. All worth it in the end. Good story.
Freda mans
What a great prelude to the series!
While reading this hot love story, you, at times, feel its reminiscent of Fifty Shades of Grey. While still milder than it, it had hardcore sexual elements other than bondage and role-play.
It was hot! Yeah, I said that already. So it must have been steamy.
Travis and Sydney are a great couple and thankfully got together. Their chemistry is magic and it plays well in the story.
I love the mystery in the series too. It keeps a good pace with the love story.
Great wr...more
Sam Still Reading
Jun 18, 2014 Sam Still Reading rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those looking to start a new romance series with mystery
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: free on Amazon
A solid introduction to the Fifth Avenue series. It sets up the relationship between Sydney and Travis, in addition to revealing the event that will be a major plot point in the following book. The romance is quick and sexy, but it was the epilogue that really hooked me.

It's a good, quick read.
Keishua
Take Me is great!

I love this story. I suspected that Jason had some part in Sarah's death. Sydney and Travis's love for one another was heartwarming. I can't wait to read the next book. The suspense in the storyline is so captivating. Love it!
Tanya Yost
Great book bad epilogue

I loved the storyline of two souls who are meant for each other and something happens to push them together. the reason I gave it four stars was the epilogue was so cheesy and unbelievable it should have been left out.
Shannon Godwin
I really enjoyed the book. my problem was it was too short. after Sydney & Travis get together the book felt rushed. I do think it's a beginning to a good series. I will be looking the other books up.
Michelle Quintana
Kind of disappointed in this book. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had been longer. I know that the beginning of the book is supposed to tie it with the rest of the series but I couldn't figure out how the rest of the book fit in until I got to the last chapter and it finally made sense. I am still looking foward to reading the rest of the series to see how Jason is going to be brought down.
Dabney
Perhaps because I so adore the full-length novel by Ms. Yates in the Fifth Avenue series (Avenge Me), I found this novella unsatisfying. Ms. Yates is a strong writer, but the story here is too thin.
  • Engaged at the Chatsfield (The Chatsfield, #0.5)
  • Scandalize Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #2)
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Worth the Risk (Take a Risk, #1)
  • Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)
  • A Sword Upon The Rose (Scottish Medieval, #3)
  • Talk This Way (Plum Orchard, #0.5)
  • Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters)
  • An Inheritance of Shame (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #4)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Tristan: Finding Hope (Nova, #3.5)
  • Imprisoned by a Vow
  • Looking for Trouble (Jackson: Girl's Night Out, #1)
  • Never Surrender (Shadow Warriors, #6)
  • The Real Thing
  • Torn
  • When Falcone's World Stops Turning (Blood Brothers, #1)
A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy Hajar's Hidden Legacy His Virgin Acquisition Marriage Made on Paper The Life She Left Behind (The Santina Crown 0.5)

“And with every step he took away from her, he felt like he was leaving the best pieces of him further and further behind.” 1 likes
“I didn’t get here based on lineage, Travis. I’m here because I work hard. The only thing that’s blue in my family lineage are the collars. The blood is just red.” 0 likes