Start by marking “Take Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Take Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #0.5)

Take Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy 0.5)

In this Fifth Avenue prequel by USA TODAY bestselling author Maisey Yates, enter the exclusive world of New York's scandalous elite...where everything is about to change

Take Me

Where it all began...

As the son of a high-powered attorney, Travis Beringer has never wanted for anything...except the elusive Sydney Davis. But everything changes in an instant with the shocking

ebook, Harlequin Presents, 192 pages
Published June 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Take Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me

Jonetta
Travis Beringer and Sydney Davis have been best friends since they were 12-years old. When he takes her to the annual Treffen Christmas party, a catastrophic event occurs that forces them to confront their true feelings.

This short novella sets up the series while focusing on the catalyst, Travis, and his best friend Sydney's relationship. Things heated up a bit quickly before we really get to know either of the characters. However, that was later remedied but it's always tough for me to be emot
Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince
Dee
Not really essential to the series so no need to rush and get it.... Having said that it was a nice little story that would have been much better if it had been a full story giving us a bit more history between them rather than just telling us, or us having to assume what had happened between them over the years.
Fiona Marsden
May 18, 2014 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little intro to the Fifth Avenue Series. Travis and Sydney are relatively young, ambitious and at the wrong time of their lives to get serious with each other.

When Sarah, Sydney's college room-mate commits suicide at a party surrounded by her work colleagues, including her boss Jason Treffen, it triggers a chain of events both short and long.

For Sydney, the loss of her friend brings her together with her best friend from childhood Travis. They've been skirting around each other f
Bea
I was curious about the series so I downloaded this prequel freebie. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I didn't care about Travis or Sydney and the sex seemed to happen way too fast. It felt as if I needed to have already read the series even though this is a prequel. I read the first 35 percent, then skimmed until 69 percent at which point I gave up. I couldn't relate to either of them and I didn't give a damn about either of them.
Susan (susayq ~)
Great little intro to a new series. Be warned, it was very angsty. But I love that in a book. I can't wait to see how the series plays out :)
May Mostly Romance
Oct 13, 2014 May Mostly Romance rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
ถาใหคะแนนตำกวานีไดกจะใหตำกวานะคะ

เขียนแบบนีไมใชเรืองแยนะคะ เพียงแตเรารูสึกวา หลายอยางผิดทีผิดทาง และเรากไมชอบเรืองสันเปนทุนเดิม

เรืองนีตังใจใหเปนเรืองเปิดชุด Fifth Avenue ซึงเปนเรืองราวทีเขียนรวมกันของนักเขียนสามคนเกียวกับการตายของหญิงสาวคนนึงทีนำไปสูการเปลียนแปลงชะตาชีวิตของชายสามคนทีเกียวของกับเธอ

พลอตเรืองนาสนใจ และเปนเหตุผลใหเราหยิบเลมนีมาอาน และตองขอบอกวา เปนการตัดสินใจทีผิดทีออกเลมนีออกมาเปิดชุด เรืองนีแจกฟรีใหอานเปนอีบุคเพือเชิญชวนใหคนอานสนใจมาอานเรืองชุดนี แตพออานแลวอาจจะไมอยากอานไปเลยกไ
Natalie
As a stand alone story, this one didn't work. I would have preferred to see more of the history between Travis Beringer and Sydney Davis rather than just being told they grew up together. And really, why wasn't Sydney questioned? She was a friend and former roommate, the police should have had SOME questions for her. What Take Me did well was set up the main event for the series and provide some background. It will be interesting to see if Travis or Sydney show up in future books. Received an ad ...more
Jan
Jun 10, 2014 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start to the Fifth Avenue series. Two people who have been friends forever were brought together beyond that over the death of their friend. Maisey packed a lot of emotional kick into a short story, causing two people to face up to their fears and hidden feelings for each other. Their story starts at the beginning that will be followed by three other books - Avenge me, Scandalise me, Expose me, which are set ten years later down the track. A fallout from what happened at the beginning of t ...more
Jane Stewart
Pretty good. It’s mostly sex scenes and sweet talk. Not much plot.

Kind of gushy-mushy toward the end with a lot of I love you’s – take over my whole soul -- I love you with all of myself. But it’s ok if that’s your mood. It’s a short novella (75 pages). It’s what I expect from Harlequin Presents.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Story length: 75 pages. Swearing language: strong, but not often used. Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: 3. Setting: 2004 and 2014 New York. Copyright: 2014.
Lucie
Oct 04, 2015 Lucie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
La romance est rapide, mais sachant que nos héros se connaissent depuis des années tout se fait naturellement. J'ai eu un peu de mal sachant le contexte de leur rapprochement, mais dans un sens c'est une motivation légitime.

Ma chronique : http://wp.me/p4u7Dl-1uU
Jacqueline
I'm not really a fan of MYs but it was free right? It had some holes and was pretty short and sweet. Not horrible but not memorable.
Jehaenah de Ramos
Jun 25, 2014 Jehaenah de Ramos rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book was really crappy in my opinion. It was not well thought of and there wasn't much story going on in the book, just Travis and Sydney banging each other while they drown in lust and grief.
Stephanie Benoit
I found this on my old Kindle a couple of days ago while I was trying to clear off some old books. I had to research when I bought this and why. I got it for free from Amazon in 2014 and it was a shorty so I thought I'd give it a look so I could get it off my Kindle. It wasn't half bad but it left me wondering if a girl had been murdered or if she had committed suicide. Hmmm This book was a sexy little love story after the sad event. Now if I buy the two remaining books to see what happens, it d ...more
Trea
I wasn't that impressed with this book. There wasn't much plot to it, as it mainly framed the sexual encounter. This made it impossible to form a good connection with the main characters. Granted, this was a prequel story, but there were too many unanswered questions for my tastes. What this book did do for me was introduce me to the author's writing style, which I found enjoyable and interesting. While I doubt I will finish this particular series, I am not adverse to reading more by the author.
Jessica Alcazar
I've decided to do this review as a full series review because the individual books did not give me so much problems as the series as a whole.
My biggest problem with the trilogy (but not really a trilogy is it, because there are 4 books to the whole story) is that it was SO anti-climatic by the end, I was almost sorry I spent the better part of a week invested in it. These books have an underlining theme ... to avenge the death of their friend. And each individual book, the hero takes a part in
Desere
Jul 26, 2014 Desere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Watch out world the men from Fifth Avenue have arrived! In the prequel to what is definitely one of the best series ever released author Maisey Yates takes us into the exclusive world of New York's scandalous elite where everything is about to change.

Take me tells of Travis Beringer, as the son of a high-powered attorney Travis has never wanted for anything except the elusive Sydney Davis.

But everything changes in a heartbeat with the shocking death of her roommate, Sarah Michaels, and suddenl
Ptiteaurel
Oct 09, 2015 Ptiteaurel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
C'est une sympathique mise en bouche qui nous permet de découvrir l'univers de cette saga. On découvre deux personnages principaux lors d'une soirée en 2004 pour le réveillon de Noël et on a un aperçu du monde dans lesquels ils évoluent .

Sydney Davis assiste donc à cette soirée prestigieuse au bras de son meilleur ami Travis. On apprend très rapidement qu'elle n'appartient pas à ce monde où richesse et pouvoir sont au rendez vous. Elle est issue d'une famille simple et a travaillé dur pour arriv
Karine Darnessy
Oct 07, 2015 Karine Darnessy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sydney et son meilleur ami Travis assistent à la fête organisée par le célèbre avocat Jason Treffen. Une soirée où se côtoient les plus illustres et grandes fortunes de New York. La réception se déroule à merveille jusqu’au drame qu’y si produit. Le monde de Sydney bascule et la seule personne capable de l’empêcher de sombrer, c’est Travis. Elle cède à une pulsion, elle veut oublier cette soirée dans ses bras…

J’avoue avoir du mal avec ce genre de livre, mais intriguée par le résumé. Je me suis l
Dianne
A background introduction, Take Me by Maisey Yates is a very brief look at the past of two of the main characters in the Fifth Avenue series. Travis and Sydney have been best friends since they were children, both driven to succeed, but having little success in the area of love until one harsh and heartbreaking event changes their lives forever. Knowing life was precious; these two cling to each other in passion, but was it worth risking their friendship? What will the future bring for them?

Very
Cynthia
This is the beginning of the Fifth Avenue series how Sarah died, question left unanswered and how two people came together to help get over her death.

Travis and Sydney kind of grow up together, neither wanting to take that next step beyond friendship. All it took was one night, one bad night for their lives to change forever thus bring them together in one heated night to overcome the death of their friend. They thought by turning to each other and having sex they could deal with seeing her dead
Melissa Marlow
Aug 18, 2014 Melissa Marlow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine seeing one of your best friends fling themselves off a balcony to the heavy pavement below. For Travis Beringer, the son of a high-powered attorney, and Sydney Davis, the housekeeper’s daughter and Travis’s best friend, this is the scene tonight. Shocked, confused, and empty they rush out of the party together looking for an escape to coat the sight that replays in their minds.

Afraid to be alone they end up at a hotel side by side sitting on the edge of the bed; both avoiding the thought
Paraty62
Une nouvelle gratuite qui nous mets tout de suite dans l'ambiance et nous fait espérer une suite à la hauteur.

Travis et Sydney se connaisse depuis leur enfance et ressentent depuis toujours une attraction réciproque mais la différence de classe et leurs ambitions respectives leur ont toujours défendus de franchir la limite et ils se contentent d'être amis.

Jusqu'à cette soirée ou leur amie meurt soudainement. Ils décident de laisser libre court à leur passion et nous avons quelques scènes torrid
audrey
Sydney Davis is on track with her college goals to become a politician but the pride is replaced with shock when her roommate commits suicide at a party they were attending. Travis Beringer takes her away and helps her forget the night by escaping into passion. This is a prequel to the Fifth Avenue trilogy.

Take Me is an erotic romance short story. This was an odd short story in terms of pacing, tone and focus. The beginning is a brief glimpse at key characters in the Fifth Avenue trilogy and a v
Andrea Guy
I wanted to read this short little prequel the Fifth Avenue trilogy before diving into the rest of the books. I'm glad I did in some ways, however after finishing this little teaser story (its only about 50 pages), I felt Syd and Travis deserved a longer story.

Here's what I loved about the story:

Syd and Travis are bff's. Its always great when the couple are friends first. Its a rich boy poor girl kinda thing too.

The sex is smoking hot. The naughty bits of this story are hotter than the average P
Caro
Nov 21, 2014 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, h-mnb-s
This is a good freebie and does kinda whet the appetite for the rest of the series. I'm already kinda wondering what's really going on with him. This is a little sad, has plenty of steaminess, a little confusion, leaves you feeling a little wary and curious but still happy, has good characters, keeps the emotions, and a really good HEA that stills sets up for the next book. There were some parts where It didn't quite click, but the click came soon enough. ;) Pretty good but not 'loose my mind... ...more
Tonileg
Contemporary childhood best friend finally get together in this short story.
Travis Beringer has always been in love with his childhood best friend and the daughter of his family's maid, Sydney Davis. Sydney is a hard worker and has stayed single because she wants to focus on her studies, but she also hides her heart away until her girl bestie dies by suicide which she ends up spending the night with Travis.
Friends to lovers with a skip ahead in the epilogue where we see the two married with thre
Britt Marczak
Jun 01, 2014 Britt Marczak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
This was a pleasant surprise! I've been wanting to read Maisey Yates for a while now, and this freebie seemed like a good place to start.

I'm so glad I did! The writing was excellent, and I was surprised by how this short novella packed quite the punch! It was sweet, hot, and emotional.

Best friends to lovers isn't one of my favorite tropes because there's never enough tension for me. I was proven wrong with this one, and that makes me incredibly happy.

I'm definitely going to check out the rest o
Freda Mans-Labianca
What a great prelude to the series!
While reading this hot love story, you, at times, feel its reminiscent of Fifty Shades of Grey. While still milder than it, it had hardcore sexual elements other than bondage and role-play.
It was hot! Yeah, I said that already. So it must have been steamy.
Travis and Sydney are a great couple and thankfully got together. Their chemistry is magic and it plays well in the story.
I love the mystery in the series too. It keeps a good pace with the love story.
Great wr
  • Scandalize Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #2)
  • Expose Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #3)
  • Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters)
  • Engaged at the Chatsfield (The Chatsfield, #0.5)
  • Passion (School of Sex, #1)
  • Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)
  • Christmas in the Billionaire's Bed (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #3)
  • Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • Two Week Trial  (Love Beyond Barriers, #1)
  • A Kiss for Luck (Sweetest Kisses, #0.6)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Untamed Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2.5)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Alpha Mine (The Alpha Council Chronicles, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then
More about Maisey Yates...

Fifth Avenue Trilogy (3 books)
  • Avenge Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #1)
  • Scandalize Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #2)
  • Expose Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #3)

“And with every step he took away from her, he felt like he was leaving the best pieces of him further and further behind.” 3 likes
“The simple fact was, I was scared, because I knew if I let myself love you, I would love you with all of myself. I would love you in that way that would take over my whole soul,” 2 likes