Start by marking “The First Man You Meet” as Want to Read:
The First Man You Meet

The First Man You Meet

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The wedding dress was made many years ago, and it came with a promise: The first man you meet is the man you'll marry.

Shelly Hansen was horrified when her great-aunt's wedding dress arrived--because, according to family legend, she was destined to marry the next man she met. So when she tripped on an escalator and fell into Mark Brady's arms, she told him--and herself--tha...more
Published April 15th 2014 by Mira Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The First Man You Meet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Man You Meet

Brina
Die Bücher von Debbie Macomber haben mich schon lange gereizt, allerdings war ich mir nie so ganz sicher, ob mir ihre Werke tatsächlich gefallen könnten. Um die Autorin anzutesten, habe ich mich vorsichtshalber zunächst nur für eine Kurzgeschichte entschieden. "Der erste beste Mann" stammt aus dem Buch "Wenn die Braut sich traut", in der drei Geschichten von drei unterschiedlichen Autorinnen erzählt werden.

Da ich bislang nicht wusste, wie ich den Schreibstil von Debbie Macomber einzuschätzen ha...more
Michele
I just loved the protagonist--a klutzy, gutsy, says-what-she-thinks, endearing heroine that will have you chuckling at her antics as she fights falling in love, stumbling and bumbling and fumbling all the way. Not a long read, which is a nice break from longer novels.
Gloria
Another excellent book

I just love reading Debbie's books. She has a way of making you fall in love with the characters and becoming engrossed in their lives.
Julie
Super short, hoping that nobody is looking for a full novel here! I finished this story in less than 1 hour.
Virma
Cute story- very short- but leaves you with warm feelings and a smile.
Brenda
I listened to this book while finishing up a craft project. I found this was a fun romance to listen to. At first I thought the main female character took the "dress" to seriously. But the whole "believing in the dress" made for a good story. I enjoy this author's writing style. Overall this was an enjoyable story.
Tara
Fast read and in typical Debbie Macomber fashion, PERFECT! Girl gets wedding dress with legend, meets Man. Man doesnt believe legend, neither does girl but they keep meeting (according to legend) and end up falling in love, even though girl fights it!!
Patricia Solla
Cutesy, easy reading. Love this author's romances. Creative idea for a romance. Kind of whirlwind but interesting just the same. At my age reading romance is all I want, when I was younger I would have been looking for a magic wedding dress.
N.u.m.b S.S
عادة ما احب اقرأ روايات ال ٩٩ صفحة .. الفكرة بحد ذاتها تقتل حماسي من البداية .. لكن هذه الرواية كانت مختلفة .. كانت ممتعة جداً .. حبيت الفترة اللي قضيتها مع شخصياتها
Devina Dutta
Read this book in about 2 hours max. The story was fun to read and although predictable, I loved the right mix of the characters and their backgrounds.
FucKhsia
Historia ligera nada profunda o trascendental buena para pasar el rato, quizás en la cola de un banco..!! Cuando le estaba agarrando como el gusto..... FIN o.O
Caitlyn
Cute but not highly plot or character drive. I think it shows I like novels more than short stories, but this should not be longer.
Mom
MORE LIKE A SHORT STORY, VERY PREDICTABLE, BUT LIKEABLE CHARACTERS.
Jodi
A light read but a lot of fun in a silly kind of way
April
watch out for magic wedding dresses.
Karen
Just plain silly and stupid
Heather
Great Book!!!!!!!!!!1
PWRL
Mar 11, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
Large Print
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)