Denim and Diamonds

Denim and Diamonds

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Can faraway diamonds truly compare to down-home denim?

Rancher Chase Brown has always loved Letty Ellison, but nine years ago she left their small Wyoming town searching for a different kind of life. Now she's come home to Red Springs with her dreams in tatters—and a five-year-old daughter in tow.

Letty's ready to trade the false glitter of Hollywood for the true happiness...more
Paperback
Published April 2014 by Harlequin (first published December 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Denim and Diamonds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Denim and Diamonds

Kay
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, rancher Chase Brown is a homegrown Wyoming man who has always loved Letty Ellison. Nine years ago, Letty fled Wyoming in search of life away from cattle and ranches. Now she’s home again with her dreams destroyed and a 5-year-old daughter to boot. Letty has learned the hard way that all that glitters is not gold but now must face the big question: Is it too late to find happiness?

A heartfelt journey to true love.
Rita
Letty had went to Calif. for a singing career. Later she went back home to her brother who is a cowboy. He was keeping the family farm going. Letty brought a surprise home with her, Cricket, her 6 yr. old daughter. Letty had broke Chase's heart before. All ties up and turns in to a good novel.
Debbie
Your basic Harlequin type romance. Boy & Girl are in love but some problem or obstacle is in the way which keeps them apart. Of course, if they just told each other what the problem was it would disappear, but then this would be a short story instead of a novel- lol.

Still these are always fun to read, and was a great "riding in the car" book.
Jeanne
This is the story of high school sweethearts Chase and Letty. Letty left Wyoming 9 years earlier to pursue a singing career. She returns home with a 5 year old daughter when she nees heart surgery. I could barely finish this one. The actions of the characters made no sense. This is definitely not one of the author's better books.
Tasneem
I really didn't like this book. Letty is such a whiny woman and she totally doesn't understand Chase or her brother. I wanted to slap her and making her ill didn't help the case. I didn't feel sympathy for her and more than once wanted her to just drop dead and stop troubling the fine men in her life.
Melissa
Wanted to read a fun romance and barley got through this one. Two people who like each other don't scream mean things at each other all the time and act so stupid. I hate when it is stupid.
Cecelia
As is usually the case with any book Debbie writes, this one is wonderful and enchanting. The main critiscism I would have with it is that the end seems a little too rushed for my liking.
Tara
I really enjoyed this book, altho I wish it would have gone on a few chapters farther, leaving Letty and Chase having kids and adopting Cricket.
Samantha
I tried to read this one, I really did. But since it was an exact duplicate of so many of her other books, it just didn't hold my interest.
Lisa
You really feel the emotions of the characters in this one. It was amazing how much so. A good love story.
Mary
Sometimes you need an escape. Debbie Macomber is good at that sort of fiction.
Jan Mcleod
Typical Harlequin-type romance. Light reading with very predictable ending.
Alice
good storyline. Can't wait to read the follow-up.
Mom
One of those feel good books. Happy ending and all.
Chris-ann Nunes
Loved it. Parts of it made me want to cry tho
PWRL
May 27, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
SM
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Part of the Bargain: Part of the Bargain\To Wed and Protect
  • Informed Risk
  • More Than Words, Volume 6 (Includes: Virgin River, #11.1)
  • No Ordinary Man
  • Legend of the Celtic Stone (Caledonia #1)
  • A Whole New Light
  • Friends and Lovers
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Angel Mine
  • Holiday Hideout
  • The Heir and the Spare (Negligent Chaperone, #1)
  • Night Light: A Devotional for Couples
  • Looking for Lacey
  • Head Over Heels
  • Lover's Lane (Twilight Cove, #1)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)