Start by marking “Rising (Blue Phoenix, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rising (Blue Phoenix, #4)

Rising (Blue Phoenix #4)

"Our demons don't want to play but they sure as hell recognise each other"

Three attempts at staying clean after rehab and Jem Jones, Blue Phoenix guitarist, is determined this time he’ll succeed. Haunted by his recent past, Jem throws himself into the one addiction he still has left: his music. With Blue Phoenix on a break, he looks elsewhere for a place to channel his cre
Published December 17th 2014 (first published December 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rising

Lorie
Jul 16, 2015 Lorie rated it it was amazing
description

4.5 STARS

The Blue Phoenix Series has been one of my favorite rock series since the beginning, and Rising just solidifies my love for it!!! I think I’ve found a new favorite Blue Phoenix guy!

We’ve met all of the guys from Blue Phoenix before, but Jem was the one I really wanted to get to know. It turns out the one Blue Phoenix member that I loved to hate is now the one I just plain LOVE. Jem Jones isn’t what you see on the outside. He’s broken and messed up, and he hides behind his rough bad boy
Siobhan Davis
Sep 29, 2015 Siobhan Davis rated it it was amazing
Having read books 1, 1.5, and 2 in this series, I was really looking forward to reading Jem's story as he has intrigued me from the first time we met him. Talk about a troubled soul - not to be cliche, but he wrote the book!!

Jem has had the worst most fucked-up childhood ever. Fact. As a young adult, he enjoyed massive success with his band Blue Phoenix, and he indulged in all that the hedonistic lifestyle had to offer. Cue plenty of breakdowns, arguments, and meltdowns. He has just returned fro
Zandalee
Dec 31, 2014 Zandalee rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

::: Book 4 in the Blue Phoenix Series | Rock Star | Standalone | Dual POV :::
Rising- demons photo Rising-demons_zps6abceaf2.jpg
The Blue Phoenix series is one of my favorite rockstar series out there. It’s less on the hot, steamy side, and more on the drama and real-life dilemmas. They all possess strong qualities of authenticity that allows for such a flawless connection to the characters.
Each story is filled with obstacles that the characters must face all while trying to keep up their rock god façades.
For readers that have been rea
Three Chicks
Dec 16, 2014 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Allison East

Holy hell a book about JEM! He is the crazy member of Blue Pheonix, and I couldn't wait to get to know more about him from reading about him in the first three books!

I feel like this book was all about second chances, it's Jem we are talking about here. And while he is super crazy and downright grimy- he still has emotions too. And I definitely was excited to see which direction his story was going to take.

Jem is the lead guitarist for Blue Phoenix, and he has a crazy pas
Lisa Swallow
Aug 07, 2015 Lisa Swallow added it  ·  (Review from the author)
OUT NOW!

Newsletter sign up: http://eepurl.com/Po81D
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Wow! Rising, Book 4 in the Blue Phoenix series, has to be the most emotionally charged story in this series yet.

Jem Jones, Blue Phoenix lead guitarist and overall bad boy, has had a pretty shitty time of things for a quite some time. He rode the rock god wave like a pro. He was talented, gorgeous, young, and had everything going for him. Unfortunately for Jem, he also fell pray to the demons of fame and fortune. Drugs, drink, women, an overall reckless lifestyle. He went past the stage of fun an
Bookworm Betties

5- Well... COLOR Me Surprised -Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

in her eyes I can see she exists in the same place I do: a lost place at the edge of the world.
Did time stand still? The world fade away? Souls meet across the stars? I should give this shit to Dylan for one of his pathetic love songs. That shit doesn't happen.

Jem Jones has finally reached his breaking point. After the recent events that had his life spiraling out of control, he is determined that his third stint in reh
Jenn Green
Feb 28, 2015 Jenn Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5- Well... COLOR Me Surprised -Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

Gemma
Mar 07, 2015 Gemma rated it it was amazing
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

Rising is book #4 in the blue Phoenix series, I’ve somehow managed to mix up the books in this series and I’ve read Jem’s book out of order. I can truthfully say that this is a real standalone, because even having missed out Liam’s book I still managed to follow this book no probs.

I remember reading Summer Sky and really disliking Jem. I found him creepy and he kind of made my skin crawl. He redeemed himself a bit in falling s
Kaylene Osborn
Dec 08, 2014 Kaylene Osborn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All contemporary romance readers
Rising (Blue Phoenix #4) by Lisa Swallow

Again, another fantastic book, couldn't put it down ...

Rising is the fourth book in the Blue Phoenix series by Lisa Swallow and follow on from Summer Sky, Falling Sky and Unplugged.

This is a spin-off book from the original series and is about another Blue Phoenix band member Jem Jones, the guitarist and all round troubled, bad boy. I absolutely loved this book from the very first page and that love continued through until the final page was turned. But mo
Demelza Carlton
Dec 11, 2014 Demelza Carlton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, drama
I received this as an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review...but who am I kidding? I'd intended to buy it on release day anyway. Ms Swallow is good and her Blue Phoenix boys are better. Not to mention their no-nonsense leading ladies.

I knew this one would be difficult to read, as it's Jem's story. Unlike the other Blue Phoenix boys, he's the typical rockstar you'd expect to find in a book: multiple stints in rehab after no end of trouble with alcohol and drugs. Add the troubled
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 17, 2014 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
I LOVE the Blue Phoenix series so much so I couldn't wait for Jem's story in Rising. Once again, Lisa Swallow did not disappoint!

"Our demons don't want to play but they sure as hell recognise each other" This line sums up the book so well! We first met Jem in Summer Sky and I'm going to be honest, didn't like him at all. Those feelings didn't change in Falling Sky. By the time Unplugged rolled around, he was starting to grow on me. After reading Rising, I fell in LOVE with Jem.

After failing at
Jemina Venter
Feb 17, 2015 Jemina Venter rated it it was amazing
I came across Lisa Swallow & her Blue Phoenix series quite by happy accident during an author takeover on Facebook.
HOW HAD I NOT HEARD OF THIS SERIES BEFORE??
Without hesitation I can say that within the first few chapters of Summer Sky (Blue Phoenix #1) I was hooked! I managed to smash my way through the series as fast as I had time to read.
Dylan & Sky's story was passionate; turbulent in the most beautiful way.
Liam & Cerys' story was beautiful, sweet & made me love Liam even mor
Natarsha
Dec 27, 2014 Natarsha rated it it was amazing
After reading the first couple of Blue Pheonix books, it's very easy to dislike Jem Jones; I absolutely hated him in Summer Sky and the majority of Falling Sky. We caught a small glimpse of a sober Jem in Unplugged and now we get to find out how he has pulled himself his addictions. Of course, Jem being Jem, there are times when I wanted to slap him, but there was an understanding of why he chose to do certain things, no matter how frustrating.
Initially I wasn't really sure how I felt about Rub
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 16, 2014 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it it was amazing
Rising is book Four in the Blue Phoenix series. Rising is Jem's story. I have read all the previous Blue Phoenix books and couldn't wait for Jem's story. When I first met Jem's character on Summer Sky, I didn't like him very much. In Falling Sky, he grew on me and I began to like him. I liked his character some much that when I got Unplugged to read, I was a little disappointed it's wasn't Jem's story. I really expected Jem to have a great story to tell his book and I was not disappointed.

Jem's
Heather andrews
Dec 08, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Going into this book I knew Ruby and Jem's story would be more emotional than the others, but Jem still had those naughty qualities that I like so much, "are you asking me if I want to eff you?" He also can be a romantic boy, in his own emotionally deranged way, "you have no idea how long I've wanted this," he says hoarsely. "I'm not effing it up and then you never want sex with me again because that would kill me." Ruby is an emotional mess from her previous relationship which makes her kind of ...more
Shelley Youngblood
Apr 13, 2015 Shelley Youngblood rated it it was amazing
Rising finally tells Jems story in the amazing series The Blue Phoenix series. In the previous books, Jem has been spiraling and this story begins after he hits his rock bottom. Having been both a witness and a victim of abuse and neglect, Jem is determined to make his life better. While taking a break from Blue Phoenix, his manager suggest being a talent scout. This takes him to a small venue to see the up and coming Ruby Riot perform. Jem not only finds a band worthy to support, but finds ...more
Jessica Anhalt
Dec 30, 2014 Jessica Anhalt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was given an ARC copy of Rising in exchange for an honest opinion on the story. I've been following the Blue phoenix stories and I knew I would read this book either way. I couldn't put it down, like the other books I needed to finish.

If you've read Summer Sky and Falling Sky, then you know just how much of a jerk Jem was. I went into this prepared to still hate Jem and be Dylan's fan girl forever. The truth is, Jem is the typical rock-star. Sure he's got a real attitude adjustment, a past an
Nicola Hudson
Dec 24, 2014 Nicola Hudson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Another fantastic installment in the Blue Phoenix series! Seriously, if you haven't read these books yet, I don't know what you're waiting for.

I loved Jem (even though he doesn't have Dylan's skills in the bacon sandwich department!) as he is my favourite type of book boyfriend: angst-ridden but hot as Hell. I also loved Ruby, with her believable mix of sass and vulnerability. Together, they make a great couple who have to work hard to lay their respective demons to rest.

As always, Lisa Swallow
Karen
Apr 20, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rocker
I really loved this series. Jem was a difficult one to get through and even though it takes place when he's sober he's still a mess emotionally when Ruby comes into his life. She's held into an abusive relationship but has been developing plans to leave.

Ruby and her band are talented. They are going places. Band mate, Jax is her closest friend. I really liked Ruby for her strength. It seemed Jem needed a strong person who wouldn't judge him. Ruby was stronger but together two broken people meant
Feb 23, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4stArs

I loved this book
The heart and break was beyond anything g I could imagine.. Jen though has way more patience then me because I am sure I would of hurt Dan way before he did ..
The love story in this book makes me very happy
Mae
5 stars!

Just when I thought I could only have enough love for Dylan ... Jem came and redeemed himself in the realest and rawest of ways. He was so human and so relatable. I had nothing but empathy and hope for sobriety.
Carrie
Dec 16, 2014 Carrie rated it it was amazing
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Fabulous book! I loved it a lot. The story was great and characters endearing. This entire series is fantastic. Highly recommend if you like rockers.
Cheryl Reeve
Mar 14, 2015 Cheryl Reeve rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book..... Rock star books aren't usually my fave but wow..... JEM!!! As complicated as he may have been, U gotta love him!!
One bad thing for me..... That I didn't realise this was number 4 and read it first
Misty
May 12, 2015 Misty rated it really liked it
I feel like I had to wait forever for Jem's story I actually just read the others to get to it. Yes I am always going to be into the bad boys. i loved it.
Claire Gray
Claire Gray rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Tara Olson
Tara Olson rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Katie Cox
Katie Cox rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
fatima
fatima rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2015
Regina
Regina rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
  • Dirty Bad Box Set
  • My Own Worst Enemy (MOWE, #1)
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café (Gingerbread Café, #3)
  • Richard's Reign (Within Enthrall, #1)
  • Single, Volume 2 (Single, #2)
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
  • Filthy 5 (Filthy, #5)
  • Meant for Me (Blurred Lines, #4)
  • Indiscretion: Volume Four (Indiscretion, #4)
  • Seize (Delirious, #2)
  • Illegal Fortunes
  • Inside Out (Off the Map, #3)
  • Don't Let Me Fall
  • Untouched (Boston Buyer's Club #1)
  • Love After Marriage (Forever After, #2)
  • Julian - Dark Angel Series Companion Novella
  • Seduce (Leathers, #4)
  • Surreal (The Divine Trilogy, #3)
I am unable to read/answer GR messages at present.
Please feel free to contact me by email at lisa_writes@ymail.com
It's unfortunately become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.
Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Lisa is an author of new adult romance and writes both paranormal and contemporary, often with a side of snark.
Lisa is originally from the UK
More about Lisa Swallow...

Blue Phoenix (6 books)
  • Summer Sky (Blue Phoenix, #1)
  • Falling Sky (Blue Phoenix, #2)
  • Unplugged (Blue Phoenix, #3)
  • Reverb (Blue Phoenix, #5)
  • Forever Sky (Blue Phoenix, #6)