Start by marking “To Echo the Past” as Want to Read:
To Echo the Past

To Echo the Past (McCall #2)

Published July 15th 2015 by Distractions Ink, LLC (first published July 14th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about To Echo the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Echo the Past

Annalisa
Feb 02, 2011 Annalisa rated it really liked it
Book 2 Love Notes Collection Series. I like how this does indeed Echo the Past of the first book in this series "Desert Fire" only now it is with Jackson and Malaina's son Michael and the new girl in town Brynn Clarkston. I also really liked glimpsing more of what has transpired in the lives of Jackson and Malaina, Baker and Charlotte, Mary and Matthew and how their love still burns.

Amazon Product Description:
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
If you enjoyed Desert Fire, you’ll want to check out this charming sequel. It takes place twenty or so years later and follows Michael McCall (son of Jackson and Malaiana) and Brynn Clarkston.

Brynn is new in town and not too happy about it. That is, until she meets the ruggedly handsome rancher Michael McCall. I thought these two were really cute together; they have a light happy courtship. There are some fun scenes in this one, gotta love a good barn raisin’. I enjoy the charm of McClure's west
Sandy
Aug 29, 2011 Sandy rated it really liked it
The best part of the book is when the men are raising the barn and the entire McCall family attires themselves in typical Marcia fashion. Marcia is never at a loss for ways to find her male characters without their shirts! I missed having a bit of mystery with this Marcia installment (she usually has some secret or a tortured past a character or two is hiding) but still a sweet love story with loads of flirting. (And one of my favorite characters, Jackson McCall, is back!)

Ooooh, favorite part nu
Jessie
Dec 09, 2012 Jessie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
To Echo the Past is a sequel to Desert Fire, but doesn't need to be read in the right order. It is one of my favorite MLM westerns. I love Brynn and Michael. I love how Michael teases her! and especially love their first kiss. Marcia Lynn McClure just puts you right into the west, and makes me long for a simpler life, a small town mercantile, and barn raisings. I love the setting, love the characters, and love Michael MCCall's toothpick ;)
Jennybug
Aug 22, 2008 Jennybug rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one. It was a really quick read. I liked how well spun the tale was. It was really fun to read and left you wanting more. I liked the relationship between both of the main characters, and I just love reading about the Olden Days! I mean what girl wouldn't want to make a picnic lunch and then have her beau bid, so that he could eat the lunch with her. Actually making the lunch I could do with out, maybe I will just have my beau take me to lunch at the Spaghetti Factory.
Kathy
May 17, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
Sigh...
I admit I'm a hopeless romantic.
This was a wonderful short story. My only complaint is that it was too short. 180 small pages easily read in less than 2 hours. Perfect for a lazy afternoon. Read after Marcia's book Desert Fire since it's about the next generation of McCalls.
McKenzie
Jul 11, 2008 McKenzie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves reading love stories
i LOVED this book too. but who wouldn't love one of marcia lynn mcclures books. i liked this one cuz it was short and to the point. i loved the toothpick part!!! :D
Elizabeth Glaittli
Mar 15, 2010 Elizabeth Glaittli rated it it was amazing
I Loved this one! I loved that is was a sequel to desert fire, that the story went on and we go to see the characters lives afterwords. I loved the story! So good!
Jun 30, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
I just love a McClure book. I love the juicy romance, the fluttery feeling she can create with her words- without getting R or X rated! So clean, and so romantic.
Marybeth
May 20, 2008 Marybeth rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved this one! Accidentally read the 2nd one first, which I don't recommend, but still, I loved this set so much that I've read them both twice. Quick reads, but sooooo good!!
Stacey
Apr 18, 2014 Stacey rated it really liked it
Quick and enjoyable read! And the picnic scene...YES.
Runrachel
Apr 13, 2008 Runrachel rated it it was amazing
This is a fun fast read.. I loved it... great for a little pick me up on a slow day..
Angie Cornelison
Just what I needed! A light fluffy book. Life can now resume. This was a great book!
Kathryn
May 17, 2010 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Jo Notary
Cowboy/Ranch
196p (Sequel to Desert Fire) As her family abandoned the excitement of the city for the uneventful lifestyle of a small, western town, Brynn Clarkston's worst fears were realized. Stripped of her heart's hopes and dreams, Brynn knew true loneliness. Until an ordinary day revealed a heavenly oasis in the desert . . . Michael McCall. Handsome and irresistibly charming, Michael McCall (the son of legendary horse breeder Jackson McCall) seemed to offer wild distraction and sincere friend
Kathryn Cooper
Feb 19, 2013 Kathryn Cooper rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on Clean Adult Fiction

Reviewed as part of the McCall Trilogy:

I love Marcia's books. Romance books set in the 'Ole West are so fun to read. Ah! It was so romantic!! I read the first 2 books (Desert Fire and To Echo The Past) because I'd already read book 3. If you like old fashioned books where the man is handsome and protects the woman he loves, and the woman is sweet but spunky then you'll love these books. These are perfect to read during the month of love. :)

Content Ratings:
sexual:
Ruby
Mar 12, 2009 Ruby rated it it was ok
I thought this book was kind of a dumb romance. It is the second book in a series and I read this one before the first one. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had read it in order.

It is a poorly written story of two people falling in love from the olden days. I think this author is obsessed with the boys taking off their shirts, and the couple kissing, along with a bad guy that tries to kill someone and the boy is the hero.

I don't think that she does a good job with the period transition an
Tori
Sep 15, 2013 Tori rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that was just too short- but still so good. The McCalls are hot and toothpicks will never be the same to me. ;)

Re-read Aug. 5, 2014... Still So HOT!!

Nov. 2015: I'm glad I read Desert Fire again right before I read this. It's so great to go from reading about Jackson McCall and continue on to read about his son, Michael. Those McCall boys are just beautiful. "Dang right!" ;)
Connie
Feb 17, 2012 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: high-school
Read Desert Fire first. It is the story of how the previous McCall family came to be. This novel is the next generation of McCalls.

I love how the town store always seems to be the meeting place where the McCall brothers find their gals. The lovely Brynn Clarkston is new to the town and handsome Michael McCall is more than capable of making her feel welcome. It's love at first sight and each time they meet at the store and in other places only makes their fondness for each other that much greate
Angela
Aug 05, 2009 Angela rated it it was ok
This was too short to fully develop an interesting or believable story. Most of the book was spent getting the characters together with only a minor obstacle, and the "big" action of the story had no build up and was wrapped up too quickly and then all of a sudden the story is over. And the old west "accent" bugged me ... maybe it is authentic (I don't know whether it is or isn't), but it didn't feel real and pulled me out of the story.
Kristyn
May 04, 2012 Kristyn rated it liked it
Apparently Marcia seems to think that we need to revisit some of her favorite characters through their children. We don't.

Pretty lame plot - they meet, they kiss, they decide to get married, the end. Same locations, similar villians. Good thing it was short so you don't waste too much time on it.

I'm still a fan, and I read these books for light, fluffy reading, but she is capable of giving a book more than that.
Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
My reviews are always a little biased because I love Marcia's books for there good clean fun time! This book is everything that is purely Marcia and I didn't expect anything less! This is like cola for the brain! It's sweet and gives you a slight happy buzz! This is one of her shorter stories but I loved it because it was one of her western ones and I love that type of book! This book is great if you are looking for something short and sweet and a kind of giddy feeling!
Shellie
Jan 07, 2012 Shellie rated it really liked it
Another fun, quick little read! I finished this book in one day. The nice thing about this book was that the plot moved right along. There were no unneccessary pauses in flow or description. Just a fun book!

Brynn falls in love with Michael, but he is 22 and she is only 17. She doubts he can really feel the same about her, because of her age. Then Michael gets in a terrible scrape, and Brynn comes to his aid. Good book!
Callie
Jan 23, 2008 Callie rated it really liked it
This is justa quick read, and a standard marcia book. If you like her, you will like this one. Its a love story about the son of Jackson and Malaina McCall. Standard cute girl moves into town and the town hottie sees her and falls in love with her. Its just a cute fluff read that makes you wish your life was a little like those in the book.
Karen Phelps
Oct 08, 2014 Karen Phelps rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This book is funny and romantic. I love the toothpick exchange between this couple it's funny. You can't go wrong with this writer. She is amazing and I recommend her. It's interesting the way these proper ladies adapt and fall in love with country boys. A very good read
Cheryl
Jun 12, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Loved this sweet little romance that surprised me by being a sequel to the last book I read by Marcia, Desert Fire. I didn't know that when I picked it up. Quite fun to check in on the past generation of McCalls and get to know the next generation. Another light, fun read.
I love the McCalls. They are some of Marcia's best characters. This is the second of her books with the McCalls in them. Michael McCall is so charming. You can't help but fall in love with him. Great book!
Kristen
Jul 22, 2012 Kristen rated it it was amazing
4/18/13 - Sigh...

8/9/12 - Loved it, I just wish it was much longer...I got to the end and was so sad. I love her western books! The men are brave, and rugged, and invincible. Hey, it's fiction!

Moral Note: Passionate kissing, mild violence. No language.
Gayle
Sep 05, 2011 Gayle rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2011
This was a pretty short sequel of sorts to Desert Fire (which I just read). It didn't seem to have a lot of the action or mysterious secrets that some of her other books have had, but it was still a fun Western romance.
Krissie
Mar 05, 2009 Krissie rated it really liked it
I don't remember this one as much either since I read it last year as well. But I think it is the sequel to Desert Fire and I pretty sure it was good all the small books I read like this were good. and really easy reads
  • Jayhawk
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Kissing Tree
  • Before the Dawn
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • Masquerade
  • Twitterpated
  • Yesterday's Love (Yesterday's Love, #1)
  • Montana Summer
  • Marian's Christmas Wish
  • Captive Heart
  • A Secret Fire
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch, #1)
  • Towers of Brierley
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...

McCall (3 books)