Start by marking “Something in Stone” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Something in Stone

Linda Loveland Reid

Something in Stone

Does a lifetime of friendship prepare one for the truth, no matter how startling? Five dynamic women wrangle over their foibles about sex, jobs, politics, and love while being confronted with death and one overriding mystery. Thirty-five years ago one of their friends walked into the ocean. Now these women will gather at Dillon Beach in a beach house they have mysteriously ...more
Published May 19th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Something in Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something in Stone

Charles Markee
Apr 10, 2016 Charles Markee rated it it was amazing
I’m pleased to introduce you to six women: Chris, a bookkeeper, Abby, a local mayor, Nina, a psychiatrist, Rennie, the organizer, Morgan an actress and Annette, who is shrouded in mystery. All in their mid fifties, they’re drawn together after many years by a will that leaves them a beach house. No ordinary venue, this is the beach house of their youth, filled with memories from 35 years of pathos and ethos, which all comes tumbling out in the interaction of crisp, intense dialogue crafted by ...more
Lorraine
Jan 25, 2016 Lorraine rated it it was ok
Five women gather together at a beach house that they have inherited from the mother of one of their friends, Annette, who committed suicide in their senior year. They are in their 50s, have not been closely in touch with each other, and now must face some of the truths of their past. One nagging question is why did Mrs. Cepek, the mother of Annette, leave them this place where they used to frequent as teens?

There's a game of runes involved, which is most likely where the title Something in Ston
Marilyn Lanier
Mar 18, 2016 Marilyn Lanier rated it really liked it
Author Reid has succeeded admirably in creating women characters, friends since high school, whose foibles and strengths weave a story of mystery and intrigue. I found myself caught up in their adult lives, replete with irony and suspense--a bona fide "who done it?" The author also weaves in many interesting details about Sonoma County towns and people in the 1960s through the 1990s. A very good read!
Deborah Taylor-French
Mar 20, 2016 Deborah Taylor-French rated it really liked it
Cleverly set in Wine County and full of five friends that grew up in Healdsburg, California, this novel
GramLocasta
GramLocasta rated it liked it
May 06, 2014
Sheila Leiner
Sheila Leiner rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Don Myers
Don Myers rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Laraine Blessing
Laraine Blessing rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2016
Dante
Dante added it
Jan 04, 2016
Janell
Janell marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
I didn't know my journey would take me here - to writing. After two marriages, three children, two careers, after exploring painting and directing theater, I've landed in front of a computer, writing. Life will constantly surprise you, if you let it!
And yes, everything we write has a bit of ourselves folded between the pages."
More about Linda Loveland Reid...