Start by marking “A Dog's Life (The Romney and Marsh Files #4)” as Want to Read:
A Dog's Life (The Romney and Marsh Files #4)

A Dog's Life (The Romney and Marsh Files #4)

Contrary to vicious Internet rumours, Detective Inspector Romney is not dead. He returns to lead his team of Dover detectives in the hunt for a killer. He’s also looking for answers to more personal mysteries.

Broken homes, broken dreams and broken bodies are just some of the cheerier aspects of the Romney & Marsh File that goes to show sometimes it’s a dog’s life.
Kindle Edition, 1, 253 pages
Published March 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about A Dog's Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dog's Life

Neil
Jun 05, 2015 Neil rated it really liked it
This was book 4 in the Romney and Marsh series, and for the moment the last installment. I have enjoyed these books, possibly the first two more than the final two. For me this one was slightly spoilt by the often mentioned problems with publishing. It was almost as though the author was using this book to provide a voice to his, possibly, personal soapbox.
That aside, there is a new head of Dover Police station, as Bob Faulkner has decided to retire. It seems that she is dissatisfied with the wa
Mar 13, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
This is another very entertaining novel from the self-publishing author, Oliver Tidy: I certainly didn't see the final twist coming!

We have a better insight into the character of DS Joy Marsh at last, which I found very welcome. However, DI Romney has begun to show a slightly nastier side of his character, even though he shows some feeling for Marsh's personal worries. One may just put it down to his professional stress and frustrations, but I do hope this doesn't develop in the following novel
Gill Chivas
Sep 25, 2016 Gill Chivas rated it really liked it
Good book, enjoying this series
Caroline Maston
Dec 28, 2015 Caroline Maston rated it it was amazing
These books get better and better i love the ebook/print debate and romneys introspection, i cant wait to see what happens next
Kenny Paton
Apr 01, 2014 Kenny Paton rated it really liked it
Excellent addition to the Romney and Marsh series. Fans won't be disappointed. New readers make sure you get the first three volumes although it's still a good read on it's own. Romney has a new boss and it seems she doesn't like his slapdash methods or his departments corner cutting. Add to this an old case coming back to bite him and Marsh distracted with personal troubles, not counting having Grimes as a lodger it really lands him in the doghouse when there's a high profile murder to solve.
So
Andy
Apr 21, 2014 Andy rated it it was amazing
Anyone who likes a good Murder/Mystery/Police Procedural need look no further than the Romney & Marsh series. Book #4 is, in my opinion, right up there....with the best of British Thrillers/Mysteries and what's more.....with the best of British writers.

Crafted with all his usual skill and, of course, just the right smattering of humour, Oliver Tidy has once again brought a wonderful set of believable characters to life...and I'll never ever brush my teeth again without Romney's Particle Theo
Gary Van Cott
Oct 25, 2015 Gary Van Cott rated it liked it
The police characters in this book are very good. However, there are several things I don't care for in this book. The first issue is a possible spoiler (I hope not) so I am hiding it. (view spoiler) My other problem is with this series as a whole. The author uses it as a vehicle for pontificating on issues they think are important. This might be ok if it was kept to a mi ...more
Meg
Apr 07, 2014 Meg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
The Romney and Marsh files are an excellent choice for fans of both detective novels and the police procedural. The Dover CID walk a thin line between lawful and lawless, always motivated by their drive to catch the bad guy. This, the fourth book in the Romney and Marsh series, has what it takes to move the series forward. As we learn more about Romney, his worries, motivations, history, the reader can feel good about liking and disliking this carefully drawn character. The murder mystery in ...more
shelagh lee
Mar 02, 2016 shelagh lee rated it it was amazing
Well written tight story lines and believable characters sometimes a bit ts

Long winded descriptions but overall z very enjoyable read. Reading the books in order is essential to get to know the characters properly
Betsy
Dec 25, 2014 Betsy rated it liked it
Not as good as the first two books, but still an enjoyable read. Wish the author had not resorted to the boring and overly used ploy of the new ball-busting female boss.
Books-fly-to-me
Aug 07, 2015 Books-fly-to-me rated it liked it
Quite a nice easy read

This is beach fiction and very enjoyable. The characters are well written and easy to identify even if some of the slang is beyond me.
David Gilchrist
Aug 21, 2015 David Gilchrist rated it it was amazing
I have read all in this series and have enjoyed them all, good plots and twists, will lookout for others in this series.
Ellen Sherman
Ellen Sherman rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2015
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
stephen kalis
stephen kalis rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2016
darleen sherman
darleen sherman rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Magdalena Sgouros
Magdalena Sgouros rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Phil Nunn
Phil Nunn rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2015
Lynn J White
Lynn J White rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Alison Watson
Alison Watson rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
jessica delre
jessica delre rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Mary Curd
Sep 01, 2016 Mary Curd rated it it was amazing
Brilliant
Alan Brotherton
Alan Brotherton rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Glenda Ryan
Glenda Ryan rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Manda
Manda rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
phillip allen
phillip allen rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Hayley
Hayley rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Mrs Ann D Pointing
Mrs Ann D Pointing rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Widows’ Cafe
  • The America Ground (The Forensic Genealogist #3)
  • Nocturne (Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James, #13.5)
  • Morse's Greatest Mystery and Other Stories
  • A Limited Justice (Craig Crime Series, #1)
  • Runaway
  • The Killing Code
  • Kindred (Genealogical Crime Mystery #5)
  • A Crown of Lights (Merrily Watkins, #3)
  • The Sarah Roberts Series Vol. 7-9
  • Village Secrets (Tales from Turnham Malpas #5)
  • Strangers on This Road
  • Fabric of Man
  • La Porta delle Tenebre
  • Lavender Road
  • Children of War (Bruno, Chief of Police #7)
  • The Commission (Sam Kincaid, #1)
  • The Last Witness
I am a CWAP - a Crime Writing Author Publisher.

My website is the best place to find me.

I enjoy communicating with readers of my books, so please, if you have any comments or questions, get in touch.
More about Oliver Tidy...

The Romney and Marsh Files (7 books)
  • Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
  • Making A Killing (The Romney and Marsh Files #2)
  • Joint Enterprise (The Romney and Marsh Files #3)
  • Particular Stupidities (The Romney and Marsh Files #5)
  • Unhappy Families (The Romney and Marsh Files #6)
  • A White-Knuckle Christmas (The Romney and Marsh Files #7)