Start by marking “The Fugitive (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Fugitive (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #10)

The Fugitive (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files #10)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  1,548 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
In this exhilarating one-hundred-page companion novella to the New York Times bestselling I Am Number Four series, Mark James is on the run—and on the wrong side of the law—but he'll do whatever it takes to save Sarah Hart and help the Garde.

A sequel to I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Return to Paradise, this novella picks up with Mark racing to Dulce, New Mexico, evadin
Published December 23rd 2014 by HarperCollins

Cherie
Jun 11, 2015 Cherie rated it it was amazing
Now, that was a great story. I thought Mark was pretty much a dufus and full of himself, but I have changed my mind. What a surprise ending! hahaha - not giving ANYTHING away.
Diana
Dec 25, 2014 Diana rated it really liked it
NO YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME PITTACUS LORE NOT AGAIN UGH MAJOR CLIFFHANGER WHAT THE HELL
April
Jan 01, 2015 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Major cliffhanger! Argggh! What now?!
Jonababez
Nov 11, 2015 Jonababez rated it it was amazing
I love Mark's point of view! He has changed so much! And I love that he has his own adventure. This part is mostly about him on the run in search of Sarah and the Guard who is also the hacker is helping him along the way. Also, they were able to meet in the end.
Reign Warner [He is The Last Word]
Those misadventures of Mark James were an action-pack badassery in the form of pure conspiracy of geekiness. This is the Mark James that I'm rooting for. And, by the way, GUARD's so hot that Mark James (view spoiler)

*throws a combined specialized EMP and concussion blast to y'all*

Can't wait for the next book that's probably the last one of Lore!

New Lorien will rise.
Courtney
Oct 10, 2015 Courtney rated it really liked it
In the short novel you get more of Mark James story. You find out why he started to beleive aliens were real. You also see a little bit of Sarah and Mark working togather, and you find out who Guard is. I think Guard should make an appearance in one of the actual books soon.
Nancy The book junkie
Dec 25, 2014 Nancy The book junkie rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!
Allison
May 22, 2015 Allison rated it really liked it
I hope we get these titles soon.
Tealover
Nov 08, 2016 Tealover rated it really liked it
This is some bad*ss sh*t (got it from Mark). The way this novella is written feels like he's real. I mean i think that's how a normal self-centered highschool student would act. I can relate to him. I love how action-packed it is and of course can't wait for the next story.
Charisma
Sep 21, 2016 Charisma rated it it was ok
Felt like the identity behind GUARD was just thrown overnight.
Jason Pennock
May 29, 2016 Jason Pennock rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to ‘Return to Paradise’ and follows up on the Mark James story. Mark James stopped being the galactic idiot he was in the original book, and decided to join the side of the Loric in ‘Return to Paradise’, realising that Aliens do exist. The Fugitive picks up with Mark going after Sarah from the end of ‘Return to Paradise’ where Sarah went missing.
The story continues through this plot line as Mark struggles along trying to help Sarah, getting assistance from the Super-Hacker ‘Gu
Lix
Jan 12, 2016 Lix rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5 stars
Disclaimer: Surprisingly, this doesn't contain spoilers.
Posted at Aestival Reverie.

----------

Oh Mark James, you are a cute one.

I actually never liked Mark James in the first books. He's that "dumb high school jock" that bullies kids or that famous guy that girls typically like. I hate that kind of guys. But after the whole incident in Paradise High School, he matured. And that's the character development I wanted. Also, he gets to be one of the huge conspiracy theorists (which is
Mariangel
Sep 12, 2016 Mariangel rated it it was amazing
no he tenido mucho tiempo últimamente para leer, pero mi obsesión por estos libros es brutaaaaaal.
TinTin Kalaw
Dec 30, 2014 TinTin Kalaw rated it really liked it
Hey ho! The Fugitive centers on former bully Mark James as he travels on a solo-crusade to New Mexico to rescue ex-girlfriend Sarah 'Bleeding' Hart. Mark has become the epitome of people he used to beat up in school. He's less of a douche now and is doing his part to defend Earth in the impending alien invasion. You can totally see Mark's growth during his reunion with Sarah when he acknowledges the fact that something has changed between them. When he finally accepted that he will always be ...more
Theresa
Feb 04, 2015 Theresa rated it really liked it
This is a novelette about Mark James the HS football player who helped John & Sarah in Paradise. Now he is on his way to try and rescue Sarah from New Mexico. Of course she is no longer there, but he falls into a situation with the FBI that leads him into further involvement with Garde.

His travels across the US as he tries to avoid being captured are both hilarious and amazing. With all his amateurish actions, it’s amazing he survived.

Mark’s inner voice sounds perfectly right for a High
Nicole
Apr 22, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kindle
The Fugitive gives us a look at what Mark has been up to since leaving Paradise. He is devoted to helping the Loric and tracking down Sarah, while on the run from the FBI for stealing the classified laptop. He also continues to be in contact with GUARD and updating They Walk Among Us regularly to fill the world in on what's happening with the Mog and getting everybody on their guard and ready to fight. It's so nice to see the growth in Mark's character and see him doing something for the greater ...more
★MC's Corner★
Jan 20, 2015 ★MC's Corner★ rated it it was amazing
Dear God!
I didn't expected that! Phew!
I want the next Lorien Legacy book!
I just cant get over what happened on the last part of this novella.

*MC's Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• We want answers. I want to ask question about the last part... but I don't want to spoil anything.
•But I wonder if Mark is one of those who will have a legacy, like Sam did.
•I thought GUARD is a Mogadorian... or it was Adam. I didn't expected that, I absolutely forgotten about them will all those shits that happened. *phew
Anissa
Apr 22, 2015 Anissa rated it it was amazing
What?!What?!Where do I start?!I usually don't do reviews after I read a book let alone a novella but this was worthy of doing so.I love how the the novellas have as much depth and overall awesomeness as the actual books.

Well in this novella we see Mark James again calling him an unlikely hero is a complete understatement.In the other books I really hated Mark.And in the previous novella he had grown a lot personality wise.But still seemed kind of shallow,but in this book he seemed way more matur
Daniela Mayo
Mar 02, 2015 Daniela Mayo rated it it was amazing
¿Que puedo decir sobre esta historia? Ahhhhh, ya se, ALUCINANTE. Todo el tiempo tenia unos nervios enormes de lo que le iba a pasar a Mark. Ya me olia (metaforicamente) la identidad de GUARD, bueno en realidad no tanto, pero hubo una oración que dijo Mark antes del final que hizo que me replanteara todo y luego BUM!!! me salen con eso. La verdad una grandisima historia que me mantuvo engachada todo el tiempo. Necesaria para entender los demás libros y emocionada por la siguiente historia. Eso si ...more
Kiff
Feb 16, 2015 Kiff rated it liked it
This short story focuses on the gap in Mark's story and what happened to him between the Arizona base incident and The Revenge of Seven. I enjoyed the story, but not as much as the first short story about Mark. With the first short story, you really just learned so much about Mark and he changed so much related to what was happening; however, in this story, Mark didn't really grow, it was just a continuation. The best part of this story was finally getting to me Guard. I am super excited to see ...more
Alayna Shore
Apr 22, 2015 Alayna Shore rated it it was amazing
As with all the other books in the I Am Number Four series, I loved this one. This one picks back up with Mark James and his search for Sarah. He has just finished his drive to New Mexico and has learned of the secret underground base. After being caught by Walker, he realizes that Sarah is not here. Of course, she's with John. Surprisingly, Walker lets him go and he sets out to find Sarah again. Along the way, he continues to receive interesting care packages from GUARD. The question of who ...more
Estefanía
Dec 26, 2014 Estefanía rated it really liked it
En este libro al fin conocemos lo que Mark ha estado haciendo desde su fuga de Paraíso: Ha ido a Dulce, Nuevo México, ha estado en contacto permanente con GUARD y ha compartido información relevante en Ellos Caminan Entre Nosotros. Luego se reúne con Sarah, información que conocimos en La venganza de Siete.

El final fue algo totalmente inesperado, pero no en el sentido de que se reunieron con GUARD, porque eso se veía venir, sino por QUIÉN es GUARD. Ahora, conociendo su identidad, definitivament
Antonio Joaquin
The fugitive here being is actually Mark James because he escaped Paradise (such irony) to find his ex-girlfriend Sarah (again, irony) with the help of GUARD.

Mark James goes to Dulce to the Mogadorian Base where he already finds it destroyed and learns that Sarah is already with John Smith.

He then gets into trouble but is released soon thereafter. He then goes to contact Sarah and is asked by GUARD to go to their rendezvous.

It's a nice story. Additional story about Mark James, who recently becam
Tori Gupe
Jul 26, 2016 Tori Gupe rated it it was amazing
Hacía mucho que quería saber que había pasado exactamente con Mark y al fin saberlo, es realmente fantástico! El nivel de acción en este libro no pierde el ritmo de los estos y las sorpresas siguen por todos lados, o quizás que soy muy crédula y con una capacidad de sorprenderme muy amplia y por eso me sorprende tanto la última aparición. Fue totalmente en la línea contraria que esperaba! Me tuvo totalmente enganchada. Un éxito nuevamente.
Sydney Mugerwa
Nov 18, 2015 Sydney Mugerwa rated it it was amazing
Lexa is so badass. Who would have known had not these backstories not been written? Mark is interesting. I think he runs on fumes alone. No substance really. Just heart which is touching. The perfect tool. Also I think his fixation on protecting an ex girl is a tad creepy. Sarah is undoubtedly badass as she has shown us on occasion. I don't want to know what I'd do without these tidbits to munch on as I wait for the core books to get released @_@
Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess)
Jun 20, 2015 Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess) rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
While in the middle of the story, I swear something or someone is here. Or is it just me being oh-so-paranoid? I can never be normal. I am losing my sanity.

Who the hell is Lexa? A Loric? But how?

Mark James is really something. A very brave human who is determined to save the world. I admire him and his loyalty to Sarah. Heck, he'd rather die than to not know whether Sarah is safe or not.

This is the last so far. I will be waiting for the next releases!
Nia Dragin
Nov 25, 2015 Nia Dragin rated it really liked it
‘The Fugitive’ Raises Characters with Strong Narrative | Review of ‘The Fugitive’

Meticulously written, this novella elevates a character and presents a fast paced and entrancing story[...]

Read more of this post here
Franz de Guzman
Dec 30, 2014 Franz de Guzman rated it really liked it
fhy
Sep 19, 2015 fhy rated it liked it
Mark James was a dick before but who would've thought he could turn into some nice asset?

This is pretty interesting how everything happened on the sidelines. It was a great fill in. And I'd very much like to step into that ranch home base with bunch of computer monitors.

and yes. Jolly as first name is funny as hell.
  • What Mario Scietto Says (Monument 14, #2.5)
  • The Sign of the Jaguar (Corpus, #1.5)
  • Going Dark (Blackout #0.5)
  • Santa 365: A Chet and Bernie eShort Story (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series)
  • Portrait of a Donor (Starters, #1.75)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Love Is A Choice (Across the Universe, #0.6)
  • Obsidian : Last Chapter in Daemon's POV (Lux, #1,2)
  • Gunner Skale (The Mortality Doctrine, #0.5)
  • Dead to Me (The Heir Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Outcast (Defiance 0.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • The Far Dawn (The Atlanteans, #3)
  • Untitled (Mirrorworld, #4)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth (Overclocked #2)
  • Summer Wishes (Desire, #1.5)
  • Avow (Last Selkie, #0.5)
Pittacus Lore is the collection pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes.
More about Pittacus Lore...

Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1)
  • Nine's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #2)
  • The Fallen Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #3)
  • The Search for Sam (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4)
  • The Last Days of Lorien (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #5)
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Five's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #7)
  • Return to Paradise (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #8)
  • Five's Betrayal (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #9)
  • The Navigator (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files #11)