Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mecha Monkeys from Mars (Ricky Ricotta, #4)

Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mecha Monkeys from Mars (Ricky Ricotta #4)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  383 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Evil Uncle Unicorn has traveled all the way from Uranus with a mean and nasty plan. He's built a giant Ladybot to trick the Mighty Robot so he can take over planet Earth. Once again, it's up to Ricky and his pals to save the day. Pub 9/05.
Published April 1st 2007 by Scholastic en Espanol (first published January 1st 2002)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyFrindle by Andrew ClementsThe Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav PilkeyGuys Write for Guys Read by Jon ScieszkaWorld Cup Mouse by Richard Seidman
Reluctant readers, boys ages 7-10
28th out of 29 books — 6 voters
The Gadgets by Anthony HorowitzBig Nate Strikes Again by Lincoln PeirceBig Nate by Lincoln PeirceDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyThe Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
Favorite Books for Boys
44th out of 74 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Randy
Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. The Mecha-Monkeys from Mars is about a boy and his robot protecting each other and the world. They would always get introuble and get punished, but they always seem to look out for each other. Until one day they meet Major Monkey and his robots who want to rule the earth and destroy Ricky and his robot. They try tricking Ricky into bringing his robot to Mars and trapping him so nothing can stop them from taking over the world. A battle forms between Ricky's robo...more
Nicola Mansfield
The 4th book in the series and a familiar formula has been established. Some fun goes down at home with Ricky and his Robot. This time Robot uses the family mini van for a skateboard and you can imagine the results. I laughed at this. Then it's back to an evil villain on the next planet,this time Mars. Some humorous, yet factual information about Mars is related to us and we meet Major Monkey who, of course, hates living on Mars and decides to take control of Earth. But Major Monkey is no dumb-d...more
Amy
This new edition of Dav Pilkey’s much- beloved early chapter book features new color illustrations and slight modifications to the original text. Dan Satat’s illustrations reflect the action of the story and give it a comic feeling. The flip-o-rama section benefits greatly from the addition color. Readers ready to move past easy readers but not quite ready for chapter books will love this fast paced story of Ricky and his robot rescuing earth once again. Librarians everywhere will rejoice as the...more
Barbara
Major Monkey has plans to take over the world, and once he has trapped Ricky Ricotta's heroic robot friend, there seems to be nothing anyone can do to stop him. The Squeakyville Air and Space Association sends Ricky to another world to see if he can help. Naturally, the two friends work together to make sure everything comes out okay. After all, that's what good friends do, right? The book contains a good message and gives Ricky a chance to shine. I love the illustrations of all those mecha-monk...more
Dolly
Nov 18, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the fourth book in the Ricky Ricotta series by Dav Pilkey. I thought it was interesting that he did not illustrate these books himself, although the format of the tale is very similar to his Captain Underpants books, without the silliness and toilet humor.

I get the impression that this series was meant to appeal to younger readers, be more commercially acceptable, and avoid the Banned book lists. And thus, it lacks a lot of the charm of the Tra-la-la tales.

Still, it's an entertaining a...more
Jnase1
I like that Pilkey kept his famous his flip-o-ramas in these books and has a how to draw the characters in the book at the end. Much more "acceptable" language/storyline than Captain Underpants, but maintains it's silliness that Captain Underpants fans love. I also like that each boo, with the exception of the first, has a different bad guy from each planet. That would makes these books fun as read alouds during a unit on space/planets.
Neville Ridley-smith
I was surprised to find this series was written after Captain Underpants. As I read it, I was thinking, "Ok, he started in a tame writing style with this series and then turned it up a notch for Captain Underpants after learning his craft and being bolder." But no.

This book seems to cater to an even younger audience than Captain Underpants. Less text. Simpler story. And unfortunately not as funny for adults.
Georgia Shreeve
I love this book. I am 9 years old and I think kids my age should read this book!
Taneysha forsyth
Ricky Ricotta loves his Mighty Robot, but sometimes it's hard for a little mouse to have a best friend who's so BIG. One night, Ricky makes a wish: If only his Mighty Robot had another friend who was his own size so he wouldn't have to hang out with Ricky all the time. Little does Ricky know, his wish is about to come true. Evil Uncle Unicorn has traveled all the way from Uranus with a mean and nasty plan. He's built a giant Ladybot to trick the Mighty Robot so he can take over planet Earth. Onc...more
Mr. Graham
The Ricky Ricotta books are very simplistic. Good vs. Evil. Good always wins. Everything turns out great in the end. Kids have not consequences for their foolishness. Ignorant parents and teachers have no idea what's going on. A ridiculous justice system puts evil interplanetary masterminds in the town jail. A regular kid saves the Universe. An author writes the same story nine times and people keep buying the books. Idiots like me keep reading them. It's everything we love about America.
Lexi Tischman
I read the book Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot VS The Mecha Monkeys From Mars, by Dav Pilkey.

I love this book because anyone at any age can read this book or have it read to them and be very entertained. it you like good adventures you will like his book. This book is about Ricky and his Robot get captured by huge monkeys and them need to find out a way to get back home. Read to find out how they get home.
Samantha
Why is it that all these villains hate where they live? Why do they stay where they are for so long? They could have left ages ago to some other planet that was more hospitable. At least they're getting a little bit smarter, but no matter how smart they get----they'll never be a match for Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot!!!! =)
Kristi
Cougar picked this out at the library all by himself. We read it in one night. He really liked it. The pictures were great. It had a section on how to draw the characters at the end which he thinks is really cool!
Katie Harder-schauer
This was a cute little story that was good for reading to my 4 year old and 2 year old. It had lots of pictures and will also be good for when my kids start reading themselves.
Dree
This whole series is really cute--I just wish they would finish it! Clever, with jokes for adults that 6yos won't likely get-and if they do, I bet they love them too :)
Emily C
i think this book was a really good book i read it when i was 6 years old and i remember it was very good and funny emily clark out peace Y
Hannah Schweiter
This book is a good read for elementary students. It is fun and exciting, filled with puns and countless alliterations!
Jermel
this book to me is the best out of all because it shows that you can over come anything if you work together
Iyaadcushman
This is my favourite Ricky Ricotta mighty robot book I've read so far. I really enjoyed it.
Gabriel Dubransky
I don't want to say anything about it, because I want it to be a secret. I love it a lot.
Anshuman Gupta
The story was adventurous with lots of charactera and pictures.
Gage
Alexandria
Nov 23, 2011 Alexandria rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like good vs. evil
Recommended to Alexandria by: myself
Shelves: chapter-books
My favorite chapter is chapter 14, because I like heroes.
Kazoo528
I loved it but it was a little kiddy for me
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Stewart
Stewart marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
  • The Invisible Fran (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #3)
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero (Quality))
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Here Goes Nothing (Big Nate)
  • Down And Out Down Under (Geronimo Stilton, #29)
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • Bad Kitty Vs Uncle Murray
  • Revenge of the Horned Bunnies (Dragonbreath, #6)
  • Nate the Great and the Monster Mess
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

More about Dav Pilkey...
The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1) Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants, #2) The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4) Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants, #3)