Start by marking “Damaged” as Want to Read:
Damaged

Damaged

Adjusting to a new town was hard for Tara Edwards. Luckily, she was able to find a friend in Darren Jones, the boy whose family owns half the city. He offered her protection and friendship, but what he wanted in return was more than Tara was willing to give.

Eventually, Tara leaves the city she grew up in, looking to start a new life. What she cultivates is far from the tr
Published April 27th 2014 (first published April 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Damaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damaged

Becky Lawson
Apr 22, 2014 Becky Lawson rated it it was amazing
**I RECEIVED THIS NOVEL AS AN ARC IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

This was a fun read. A bit slow at first, but it picks up steam quick.

It starts with Tara being bullied in Kindergarten and the only solace she finds is with Darren Jones. who becomes her best friend very quickly.

As they grow, it's painfully obvious that Darren is in love with Tara, but Tara doesn't see it and leaves town, shutting Darren out, along with everyone else that cared for her.

Fast forward a few years and Tara is now o
Carly
Apr 27, 2014 Carly rated it it was amazing
Tara started her life thinking that she was a princess, loved by all. Then she started kindergarten and found out that the world is full of bullies and those who aren't actively cruel are more than willing to follow the crowd. The day she met Darren Jones everything changed. He's an intellectual prodigy whose wealthy parents are grooming him for better things than their small town. Content to be alone with his books, Darren protects Tara from the schoolyard bullies and a lifelong friendship ...more
Terisia
Dec 31, 2014 Terisia rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
After reading many of her books, I think of Sky as an author who packs a punch in several areas. Her characters are interesting, and often gritty. The sex is always HOT HOT HOT, and this book smokes in places.

In "Damaged," Tara is one selfish leading lady. Darren, who loved and protected Tara through their childhoods, is tossed away along with her friends and family when Tara "escapes" the town she grew up in. After she starts a career, Tara dates a handsome doctor for years before tragedy strik
Amanda Jakl
Apr 19, 2014 Amanda Jakl rated it really liked it
It started a little slow but interesting enough to keep reading (and I am glad I did). It is a great read and is very relatable to the everyday person. So many of the romance novels are about very rich people, I like them to but it was nice to read about people like the rest of us.
The author keeps you on your toes also, you never quite know what will happen next (you think you do but then he throws in something surprising).
It is a wonderful romance that I would definitely reccomend.

A copy of Da
Tickles
Apr 14, 2014 Tickles rated it really liked it
Wow what a story. I loved it. It is a love story that starts from childhood all the was to adulthood. The story has heartbreak, love lost, and self discovery; just to name a few.

I have nothing "negative" to say about the book beside: I do not think the title fits the book. I think Broken it a better title. But Brooken is a common title for a lot of book. I'll keep thing of a "different" to fit the story.

Overall, great book.
Colleen
Jan 20, 2015 Colleen rated it it was amazing
I Loved reading this book.
What a wonderful story of two damaged people finding each other. They find love and is so right.
I felt so sorry for these two and was pushing for them to be together.It did have a lot of twists and turns and unexpected outcomes. I felt sad, happy and had a great feeling of loss.
They seem to be a reason to come out of their protective shell.
The ending was a happy ending but was a surprise. I never thought Nicolas would do what he did to win Holly back!
salina kilen
Sep 11, 2015 salina kilen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darren's perfect

Love the time frame of the story starting from like kindergarten. Such a beautiful love story. Glad he realized no women wants a push over. So love how you take us all on a journey with your books.
Kimberle
Jul 18, 2015 Kimberle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

I thoroughly enjoy reading Sky Corgan's books and this one is no exception. This is a true love story. Who wouldn't want to marry their best friend? True happy ending.
Megan
Mar 01, 2015 Megan rated it did not like it
Horrible! The female lead was so self center it was ridiculous. I wanted to punch her for her train of thought.
Nansy
Nansy rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Sofia
Sofia rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Jillian Lasa
Jillian Lasa rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
DA4Pups
Aug 20, 2016 DA4Pups marked it as own-under-another-title
Wrong or Write: Boxed Set
Karen Jones
Karen Jones rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2015
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
May 05, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Donna Frye
Donna Frye rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Maureen Currier
Maureen Currier rated it liked it
May 21, 2015
Penny Martinez
Penny Martinez rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Paula J. Tucker
Paula J. Tucker rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Lynne
Lynne rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Nessa Stanko
Nessa Stanko rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Nanci
Nanci rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Crystal Duprey
Crystal Duprey rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Michelle Buist
Michelle Buist rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015