Start by marking “The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (Nadia Tesla, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (Nadia Tesla, #3)

The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (Nadia Tesla #3)

“The fate of the world depends on us.”

Published December 2nd 2014 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark

Mildew Fairy Reads
A satisfying ending to a good series Bobby Kungenook and his guardianNadiaare both aware that the locket hehas always worn contains part of agroundbreaking formula that could counteract the effect of radiation poisoning. When Bobby receives an email from a person known as Genesis II, it suggests thatthe sender has the other half of the formula and would like Bobby to meet with him in Japan. Nadia and Bobby agree that the opportunity is not one they can pass up, so they are off to Japan.

Once the
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I hadn't noticed this book was the final part in a series until I started reading. By then, it was too late to turn around as I was immediately pulled into the story. Yes, I felt like I missed certain things because I hadn't read the first two books, but no, this never really bothered as the story still can be read and understood (it's just the backstory that's somewhat lacking).

I was intrigued by the title, The Boy Who Glowed
Denver Root
Dec 21, 2014 Denver Root rated it liked it
I would rate this book higher, but my disbelief in its conclusion prevents me from doing so. I would rate this book lower, but my hope for some eventual resolution delays this. ***SPOILERS*** The sudden twist into fatalism and the allusion to Bobby's eternal disregard for Nadia's feelings or desires is more disappointing than I know how to express. There seems to be no hint that any conclusion will ever be brought to the tale, and the ending to this book cannot be called a conclusion; it feels ...more
Dan Mayland
Dec 02, 2014 Dan Mayland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The grand finale this series deserves.

As a fan of The Boy From Reactor 4 and The Boy Who Stole From the Dead, I couldn’t wait for this next book in the series to come out. Turns out it was worth every minute of that wait.

The hunt for a formula that could counteract the effect of radiation poisoning leads Ukrainian-born hockey prodigy Bobby Kungenook, a survivor of Chornobyl, to the nuclear wasteland of Fukushima, Japan. Bobby’s aunt and protector, the indomitable Nadia Tesla, accompanies him. Bu
Kelly
Dec 03, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The action picked right back up where it left off in Book #2, which I appreciate. There was a bit too much recapping for my liking, especially some that seemed to repeat itself, mid-book. Overall, I was racing through to the end, thinking this was a trilogy and was about to discover the happy ending. No such luck. While Stelmach crafts incredibly believable characters (albeit ones who end up in highly improbably situations), I found myself becoming detached from them at the end, but perhaps ...more
Cathleen
Dec 06, 2014 Cathleen rated it liked it
I received an ARC from the Publisher and NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I did not realize "The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark" is part of a trilogy until I started reading. If I had known, I would not have read it until after I had read the other 2 books. Mostly, because it would have made me more familiar with Bobby Kungenook, the main character.

Bobby, a survivor of Chornobyl and his aunt Nadia Tesla continue to search for a formula that would help counteract the effects Bobby suffers
Carolyn Injoy
I received a free kindle copy of The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (The Nadia Tesla Series, Book 3) by Orest Stelmach published by Thomas & Mercer from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

I gave this suspenseful thriller four stars in spite of the fact that I was lost with some of the characters. It would have been easier to understand the references to earlier events if I had read the previous books. This was the first time I've read any of Stelmach's work & this novel barely stands a
Kenneth
Oct 10, 2015 Kenneth rated it it was ok
I read this book having already read the first in the series, The boy from Reactor 4. I'm familiar with the concept of a series where the same set of characters are caught up in a new story in each part. However, what we find in this book is that the same characters are being pursued across Japan and Russia by the same villains for the same reasons.
The book is well written and builds the tension nicely but all the way through I had the feeling of Deja Vu. To an extent, I felt cheated. If it is
Danielle Brown-Barba
I REALLY loved this series, until the end if this book. I was so disheartened by the ending and what I thought was the conclusion of the series. There were too many loose ends left for this to be the final book. I'm not sure....is a fourth book in the works????
Scott Namo
Oct 26, 2016 Scott Namo rated it it was ok
Disappointing ending

This was a great series up until the ending of book three. Kind of like the author got tired of writing the story. Which seems odd given the great detail found in the rest of the story. So in the end the ending was a let down.
A Reader's Heaven

With one mysterious e-mail, Bobby Kungenook—the teenage hockey phenom living undercover and guarding part of a revolutionary scientific breakthrough—realizes someone else shares his secret. The sender summons Bobby from New York to a rendezvous in radioactive Japan. There, with the help of Bobby’s guardian, Nadia Tesla, the two will forever alter mankind’s destiny.
But dangerous people from Bobby’s haunted past
Lisa
May 14, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
The last of the four Nadia Tesla books. And this one is as good as the others. Fast paced, a page turner, so good. Love a book like this.

Nadia and Adam return in this book which begins with a mysterious e-mail that says, "the fate of the world depends on us." This is such a shock to Bobby/Adam and Nadia who realize that there is someone else out there who knows the secret of a scientific breakthrough that can change the world. The writer of this e-mail summons Bobby to Japan, which, like Cherno
Lara
Jul 18, 2015 Lara rated it liked it
Rating's probably a little closer to two and a half stars.

I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway. The action in the book is what was able to remotely keep my interest. There were also a few twists that I did not see coming, which is rare for me, so I was pleased in that manner. However, the actual plot and the characters didn't stand out to me. Yes, I rooted for the "good guys," but I was far from the edge of my seat. I think the book was a bit longer than it needed to be. There was s
Kim
Feb 03, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, crime, ebook, reviewed
You can read the full review here - http://www.thepeachmartini.com/?p=747

Overall, I liked it. I really enjoyed the whole series, and the fact the author decided to give a portion of the royalties to one of my fave charities is a bonus.

In this book, I liked how he tied the events in Japan into the story, and of course I like the intrigue of the overall story line. Can't really say too much without spoilers...I liked meeting new characters and learning more about previously introduced characters
Monica
May 14, 2015 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Absolutely fantastic! This entire series, including the prequel Altar Girl, was an incredible ride. I've learned so much! This series is one I will talk about and remember as one of my favorites for a very long time. It's difficult to pinpoint my favorite parts or favorite books; they all had me reading every spare second. Few books leave me with a 'hangover'...with sadness that I've finished and there is no more. I'm feeling it now.

I'm a more informed person after reading this series, and tha
Kathleen D Couvillion
Jun 22, 2015 Kathleen D Couvillion rated it it was amazing
Great finish to a great series.

I enjoyed the characters as well as the cultural references about the people of Russia, Ukraine, and Siberia. These people have been greatly overlooked in the past except in Cold War spy stories, and the author does a great job informing us of their humanity. Their traditions are fascinating, as well as their cultural sites mentioned in the series. I would love to visit the area and see the people and places, as well as taste their foods. The stories in this series
Ryan
Jun 07, 2015 Ryan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Horrible ending. I am extremely surprised and disappointed by the way this series ended. I feel like I invested so much time reading (and enjoying) the first two books only to have it end like this. This whole book was disappointing really, as it wasn't at all like the fist two. There was a severe lack of character development and I never felt attached to the characters the way I did in the first two books. Overall, it was a letdown. Save yourself the trouble and only read the first book or ...more
Heidi
Feb 12, 2015 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have loved this whole series. I'm really - REALLY - hoping there is another installment coming. Each of these books has been really fun to read. So much left hanging with this ending - an ending which could not have shocked me more. I sat staring at my Kindle with my mouth hanging open, absolutely stunned. Did not see that coming! Hoping Mr Stelmach has more coming for Bobby et al. Great series!!
Devin
Oct 23, 2015 Devin rated it really liked it
4-stars on the strength of the series as a whole. But closer to 3-stars as a conclusive ending. Perhaps not entirely conclusive (there are plenty of loose ends to continue this series). The elements of supernatural powers and the trip to Fukushima felt a bit forced for my taste. The action sequences were a little clumsy. And the ending was unsatisfying. None of this takes away from the great character development and ensemble of characters. I just wished for more in the ending.
Don Massenzio
Sep 21, 2015 Don Massenzio rated it really liked it
A good cap off to the Nadia Tesla series. This book introduces a second piece to the puzzle revealed in the first book in the series. It also delves into the additional abilities of Adam Tesla resulting from his experimental radiation treatment. He becomes heroic, but his actions are rewarded with further pain. The ending of this book sets up additional books in the series that, I hope, are forthcoming.
Debbie Shoulders
May 07, 2015 Debbie Shoulders rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-adventure
The third book in the "Nadia Tesla" series, this one seems to close out the three book story arc. Bobby receives an email from the mysterious Genesis II. He and Nadia are quickly en route to Japan to find out the connections between Chernobyl and Fukushima. They are not the only ones. The body count stays high and the ending is not quite the one the reader might envision but Stemach keeps you turning the pages.
Abhinav Ka
Sep 21, 2015 Abhinav Ka rated it really liked it
A stunning conclusion to Stelmach's Nadia Tesla series. I was so mesmerized that I bunked work and read it over the course of an afternoon. I couldn't give 5 stars because I didn't like the ending! But in my world, everything ends perfectly! However, Stelmach has got it correct. Right from the first page of The Boy From Reactor 4, i was hooked onto his words. Now i got to read the prequel, The Altar Girl.

Claudia
Apr 25, 2015 Claudia rated it really liked it
More secrets are revealed!

This third book of the series contains a huge unexpected surprise and is well worth the read. Although I did not find this story as powerful as the previous two, it is still a great four star read! I am going to read book four, which is a prelude to the first in the series. Meanwhile I am awaiting a fifth, simply because I want to know what the future holds for Bobby!
Nellie80
May 16, 2016 Nellie80 rated it it was ok
Enjoyed the series but felt cheated in this book...very poor ending lots of questions left unanswered...interesting plot twist but with such a stupid ending...the conclusion of this series is so poor that even though i enjoyed the books i felt like i wasted time reading this series as there are so many questions with no answers and no point to some of the twist.
Charlotte  Brewer
Apr 11, 2015 Charlotte Brewer rated it it was amazing
Another "Best So Far"

I've read all four books now and truly hope that there will be more! Very intriguing, fast moving with likable characters. I especially enjoy the history of places and descriptions of countries that I would not have known about if not for these books. High Recommended.
allison
May 19, 2015 allison rated it really liked it
Great book, frustrating conclusion

I very much enjoyed reading the third book in the Nadia Tesla series. I have loved reading all three of the books. However I am greatly disturbed by this conclusion. The ending to me is the definition of a cliff hanger. That's why I have given only four stars to this book.
CP
Oct 02, 2015 CP rated it really liked it
Clearly this cannot be the end of the series. I refuse to accept that. I still don't know how I feel about the ending (except that it came too fast). I can't wait for Stelmach to publish another book whether a new series or more for Nadia and her family (no spoilers here). Their story cannot be over!
Cathmehta
Jun 12, 2015 Cathmehta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping drama throughout had me hooked from beginning to end. As good as the previous two books of the series. Left with some loose ends that leave the reader drawing their own conclusions or could there be another book to follow? I would love to think so!
Robin Strauss
Really disappointed in the ending. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it was predictable and ended up making no progress with plot, took us right back where we started. Still love the characters and the way cultural idiosyncrasies affect actions and outcomes.
Bob Troy
Dec 11, 2014 Bob Troy rated it really liked it
Get the first two, first

I either like a book or I don't. I liked these. Story was pretty good - a couple of spots where things got a little weak but all in all, a good, quick read. It kept me interested 'til the end.
  • Storm in a Teacup (Ayala Storme #1)
  • The Lost Empress (Genealogical Crime Mystery #4)
  • In the Shadow of the Glacier (Constable Molly Smith #1)
  • Now That She's Gone (Waterman and Stark, #2)
  • In Search of Africa
  • The Daisy Picker
  • The Umbrella Man (Inspector Samuel Tay #2)
  • The Hotel on Mulberry Bay
  • Gun Church
  • Out Comes the Evil: A Cotswold Murder Mystery  (Alex Duggins Mystery, #2)
  • Death of a Lovable Geek (Dotsy Lamb, #2)
  • Abraham's Men (Birch Harbor, #2)
  • The One Before The One
  • Lost Stories of the Earth: The Unusual, Wicked, and Just Plain Wacky Histories of Caves in the United States
  • Cookbook 2314
  • Every Secret Thing
  • Guide to DNA Testing: How to Identify Ancestors, Confirm Relationships, and Measure Ethnic Ancestry through DNA Testing
  • Escape for the Summer (Escape Series, #1)
Dear Reader,

I was born in Connecticut to Ukrainian immigrants. I didn't speak English when I went to kindergarten. I've earned a living washing dishes, stocking department store shelves, teaching English in Japan, and managing international investments. My debut, THE BOY FROM REACTOR 4, was the first novel in the Nadia Tesla series. It will be translated into German, Japanese, Hebrew, and Italian.
More about Orest Stelmach...

Nadia Tesla (3 books)
  • The Boy from Reactor 4 (Nadia Tesla, #1)
  • The Boy Who Stole from the Dead (Nadia Tesla, #2)