Start by marking “Boyfriend for Rent” as Want to Read:
Boyfriend for Rent

Read Book

Boyfriend for Rent

When Casey's long term boyfriend suddenly locks him out of the house, he thinks his world has ended. Who would have known after everything they'd been through together Father McDermott, a Catholic priest he has secretly been dating would do something like that to him?

Then he meets Hunter, a slightly older, slow-talking, smart but simple country boy who takes him in and te
Published March 26th 2014 by Jamie Lake

To ask other readers questions about Boyfriend for Rent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boyfriend for Rent

Traci
Mar 31, 2014 Traci rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, First book from this author. Book is about a high school boy who falls for a priest (not sure if he was a priest or not at the beginning), and ends up living a secret life with him for 4 years. The priest (boyfriend) treats him like trash, but Casey believes that their love (first love) is real and looks past the bad treatment, until he comes home and finds he is locked out of his house where all his belongings are. He searches for a job and ends up out of town on a farm where he ...more
Tracy
Apr 14, 2014 Tracy rated it it was amazing
This was such a good read! Although a shorter book than I usually like, I was pulled into the story from the first page!
I really liked Casey, although maybe a little to trusting I loved his determination! The other main character Hunter, I fell in love with immediately. He'd had his heart broken also and was a bit of a recluse, not caring what people thought of him or his appearance. I adored his soft side and how he still recognised that Casey needed a friend! I guess this is a story of learni
Jamie Lake
Mar 31, 2014 Jamie Lake added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my second gay romance novel.
Shelby P
Jun 12, 2014 Shelby P rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was a surprisingly fast paced, good read. I started late last night and just finished this morning. I really liked Hunter. I especially loved the scene when they were on the couch drunk after they got home from dancing. McDermott was a bit too one -sided for me and I had a hard time reconciling that he was a priest as mean as he was to Casey. His actions for kicking Casey out with just the clothes on his back didn't make sense to me.

I like how the friendship/relationship progressed between
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Umm, This was quick in many ways. The story, the breakup, the new hookup, the plot, etc…. It was free to borrow on my kindle and this is the story I choose. I am glad I didn't pay for it. I don't feel jilted now because of that.

So, our main MC, had an asshole boyfriend(who is very deeply hidden), afraid to let ANYONE know his truth. But they are together for years only to dump our MC with nothing. Well he does try to offer him hush money. So our MC finds a place to 'work for rent' on a nearby f
SraeLiz Ess
Apr 27, 2014 SraeLiz Ess rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Enjoyable read - my first by this author. I appreciated the character development and the fact the main characters got to know each other and developed a friendship before the relationship turned sexual - not instalove! Both have been hurt before and neither character is perfect but see they are perfect for each other. This is a sweet story with a feel good ending! I look forward to reading more from this author.
Beck
Jul 24, 2014 Beck marked it as sample
Wasn't compelled to buy it after reading the sample ... Mixed reviews and most of the 'forgiving' reviews were from when the story was free or less than $1 ... Story is now priced at $4 so I'll only buy it if I win lotto.
Mandi
Jun 08, 2014 Mandi rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-mm
Nik
Aug 25, 2014 Nik rated it it was ok
Meh. Nothing very original here and I didn't really like either of the main characters. A pretty unoriginal read.
Riayl
Jun 15, 2014 Riayl rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, romance
Rick
Oct 15, 2014 Rick rated it liked it
"I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a fair review."

The author did a really good job of drawing the characters so you could easily imagine them. The plot while being interesting I felt to be slightly on the slim side.

There was a whole portion of the relationship the M/C Casey had with his ex that could have really been expanded upon and been very interesting. I know there could have been so much more to that story. I understand this wasn't a story about them but to tr
Megan
This was a sweet quick read about Casey and Hunter.

Casey is a man forced to be almost in the closet by his Catholic Preacher boyfriend who is also in the closet and treats Casey like his dirty little, undeserving secret. The boyfriend ends things, changes the locks on the doors and forces Casey to make some hard decisions about what kind of life he really wants to lead.

Casey ends up seeing a job add that brings him to Hunter, a straight man that had been treated badly and cheated on by his now e
Sue
May 27, 2014 Sue rated it it was amazing
May 25th to May 26th 2014

This is a terrifically written story about two men who are fated to meet. Casey who is in desperate need of a friend and some temporary help. Hunter who is in desperate need of a housekeeper and a friend, meet on a cold rainy doorstep. Who could've known it would lead to so much self awareness for both of them. How could they know that on that night, their whole outlook on life would change. I thought this was a beautifully crafted story about two exceptional men. I HIGH
Janie
May 14, 2014 Janie rated it liked it
Casey is such a naïve and loving man, all he wants is for Mason to love him like an actual boyfriend should. Mason is a fucking asshole who never had any intentions of being out and proud with Casey, basically he was just a warm ass when he needed one. I loved Hunter from the first moment Casey met him, and they were perfect for one another. Now this book only has 1 sex scene in it and its at the very end, but it was definitely worth waiting for.
joani
Dec 06, 2014 joani rated it it was amazing
I love it....

I love a story where love goes beyond gender. If you love a person what would it matter. Hunter is the hero that all of us "Casey's" (male or female) dream of finding. Knowing that person will stand beside you and stand up for you no matter the circumstance. A very heart warming, loving story about what real love is....
Kelly
Jul 16, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
I loved loved this book. Watching the two MC's dance around each other and knowing that they were falling in love, so so good!!!! I really hope there is a follow up to this book, I will be one clicking that for sure.
Zhak
Feb 12, 2015 Zhak rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, emotional stuff isn't my thing. The truck scene was nice, though. Oh and, the tattoo on his chest reads 信愛 (shin-ai), which means "love and believe in/intimacy" (faith/fidelity/truth+love/affection) in Japanese. Huh.
Erebia
Feb 28, 2016 Erebia rated it it was ok
Shelves: homeless
The story is okay, but the writing is in need of serious editing. Lots of grammar and spelling mistake ("foot" instead of "food") and awkward word choices result in a bumpy ride to a happily ever after.
Janet L.
May 25, 2015 Janet L. rated it really liked it
It was sweet.

A very sweet story with likeable characters. Had a HEA and the editing was better than average! M/M or regular romance genre doesn't matter - a decent story is a decent story!
Pam Kay
Sep 26, 2014 Pam Kay rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. In this book two men who started out roommates realized what they both wanted. Home and each other. This is a very sweet love story and Jamie did an excellent job portraying the ever growing love these two had for each other. Well done Jamie. Keep up the good work.
Lila Hunter
May 14, 2014 Lila Hunter rated it really liked it
A really nice short story. It got me interested since the very beginning. My only problem was with how realistic a relationship between Casey & Madison could be.

I hope another story shows more aboit their relationship and what happens to the priest.
Robin
I don't like when authors write a book only to put it out in several sections or novellas! Put it all together & price it accordingly! But that's just me! The novella was good I would like to read the rest but I just hate the read 100 pages then buy another 100 & SO ON.
Jennifer Robinson
May 12, 2014 Jennifer Robinson rated it really liked it
A very quick short story but since it was free on amazon I can't complain much. My only complaint is there were a few grammatical errors but story wise it was a decent story and a nice romance. I would actually like to know more about Hunter and Casey.
Romance
Apr 08, 2014 Romance rated it liked it
I hope this is taken the way it's intended. This book reminds me of Bobby Flay circa 1990. There is great potential, but not a master yet. I liked the story and characters, but it needed some spice.
Em
Jun 04, 2015 Em rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!!
Heartwarming story that was easy to read and left me
Wanting to know more about what happens next!!!!
Jolene
Jolene rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Chavon
Chavon rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Fiz''
Fiz'' rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2015
natalie
natalie rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Anna Kowalska
Anna Kowalska rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Rough in the Saddle (Rough in the Saddle, #1)
  • Never Too Early: The Beginning
  • Riding and Regrets (Mossy Glenn Ranch, #5)
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song (Heartwarming)
  • Unexpected Dad
  • Opposites Attract (Prentiss, #3)
  • Texas Family (Texas, #4)
  • What's in a Name? (Foothills Pride #1)
  • Bring Him Home
  • The Brat Whisperer
  • Saving Faithless Creek
  • Transparency
  • The Arroyo
  • Calming the Enforcer (The Cloverleah Pack, #4)
  • Bear It All (1Night Stand, #25)
  • Lost Time
  • New York Cowboy
  • Dance Only for Me (Dance with the Devil, #4)
Jamie Lake is the author m/m gay romances such as The Trainer, Boyfriend for Rent, Marked for Love, Bad Boy: Naughty at Night, Stay Always and many others.
More about Jamie Lake...