Start by marking “The Murdered Sun (Star Trek: Voyager, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Murdered Sun (Star Trek: Voyager, #6)

The Murdered Sun (Star Trek: Voyager #6)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  365 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When sensors indicate a possible wormhole nearby, Captain Janeway is eager to investigate - hoping to find a shortcut back to the Federation. Instead, she discovers a solar system being systematically pillaged by the warlike Akerians.

The last thing Janeway wants is to get caught up in someone else's war, but to check out the wormhole - and to protect the innocent inhabitan
Published 1996 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about The Murdered Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Murdered Sun

Chris Johnson
By far my favorite Voyager book so far. I enjoyed the interplay between the three groups very much. Chakotay seems less one note, even while playing his one note, throughout and I'm not even sure why. Tom Paris's arc is very good, it would have been great if this sort of xenophobia would have been explored more in his character within the show.

The pseudo-science was about as interesting as Trek pseudo-science gets, and the plot moved quickly and efficiently. Overall I would highly suggest any f
Tony Mcdowell
I am a huge fan of the TV series voyager, my favourite episodes being those which contain Seven or the doctor. I dislike the Chakotay episodes immensely, with all the anthropological story lines. Unfortunately this book is a Chakotay episode, with no Seven or doctor storyline, ergo I give it 1 star

It's a book of 3 parts:
The first quarter is engaging, giving a sense of mystery and there's a bit of action and techno involved. So far so good.

However the next half of the book (25% to 75% into the b
John
Excellent STV book! Hard to believe this one was Ms. Golden's first ST book...actually her first SF book. She writes like one of the grand masters!
K
The Murdered Sun is a decent Voyager book. The plot follows the general formula of a Voyager episode. Voyager is traveling back to the Alpha quadrant, they think they find a possible means to get their quicker, discover a they are in a territory of a war like race, Neelix advises they leave, the beings affected by the war like race were unable to defend themselves, prime directive, etc. So I didn't give this book a 4/5 because of that, I did feel the author did a great job capturing the likeness ...more
Nathan

Another good Voyager book from Christie Golden. She's one of my favorite Star Trek authors (along with Kirsten Beyer), but this one fell short. Here's why:

First of all, I can't even count the times Chakotay is described in this book simply as "the Indian". And I mean, yes, he is Indian, but do we have to call him that? I don't hear anybody referring to Harry Kim as "the Asian". It bothers me that Golden didn't find some other aspect of Chakotay to emphasize rather than his race and his spirit gu
Jacque Hodges (Carter)
This was a fun book. Golden had the crew in character as far as I was concerned. You could see them growing toward the people we know from the series . I miss watching Star Trek on TV so much. Let's have a Star Trek reboot series. We need to get JJ Abrams, Josh Whedon, Ron Moore, and maybe Bear McCreary for the awesome music, to start working on this. That's not too much to ask,is it? In the meantime I will keep on reading. Get cracking, boys!
Dennis
Probably one of the better Star Trek Voyager books I've read yet. The characterizations are pretty close to where they were in the series at this point, and the writing is clean, if a little bland at times. I would have liked to see more descriptions of things. Especially with the alien race(s), there's so much to be described and experienced. Other than those minor comments, though, I actually enjoyed this one.
Ruby
this was an intriguing read with an interesting plotline and a fascinating alien race. Christie Golden is one of the few authors who writes tie-in books that actually watches the shows in order to understand and correctly write the characters, which is essential to making the story believable.
Angela
Voyager thinks they might have found a wormhole, in fact they find a planet full of dinosaur people who are being attacked. This is an action orientated story, and it is written very well. Paris seems to take centre stage here, coping with his own prejudices. A good read.
Sui
Aug 11, 2012 Sui added it
If this book did not heavily inspire Avatar, then I will eat it :-)
The story, just like Avatar's story, was excellent. Well written.
David Nadolny
A decent STV book, but nothing earth shattering.
Rachel
Absolutely one of my favorite Voyager books.
Emilyf11
Aug 03, 2011 Emilyf11 added it
Shelves: star-trek
interesting
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Robert Bryant
Robert Bryant marked it as to-read
Emmelpee
Emmelpee marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Andurilx
Andurilx marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
  • Violations (Star Trek: Voyager #4)
  • Cybersong (Star Trek Voyager, #8)
  • Bless the Beasts (Star Trek Voyager, #10)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Star Trek: Voyager, #7)
  • Chrysalis (Star Trek Voyager, #12)
  • The Garden (Star Trek Voyager, #11)
  • The Escape (Star Trek Voyager, #2)
  • The Black Shore (Star Trek Voyager, #13)
  • Ragnarok (Star Trek Voyager, #3)
  • Incident at Arbuk (Star Trek: Voyager, #5)
  • Mosaic (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, Book 4)
  • Flashback (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Caretaker (Star Trek Voyager, #1)
  • Battle Lines (Star Trek Voyager, #18)
  • Death of a Neutron Star
  • Her Klingon Soul: Day of Honor #3
  • The Nanotech War (Star Trek Voyager #39)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...
Omen (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #2) Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (World of Warcraft #6) Allies (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #5) Rise of the Horde (World of WarCraft, #2) Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)