Start by marking “Sacrifice of Angels (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Dominion War, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice of Angels (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Dominion War, #4)

Sacrifice of Angels (Star Trek: The Dominion War #4)

Based on
"Favor the Bold"
written by Ira Steven Behr & Hans Beimler
"Sacrifice
Published 1998 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice of Angels

Joshua Palmatier
Jan 05, 2013 Joshua Palmatier rated it really liked it
It's a little difficult to say much about this book, since it's a novelization of what happened in the show, so this will be brief.

Diane Carey did an excellent job of taking what happened in multiple episodes on TV and welding them into a good book. I liked this second half of the story much more than the first half, simply because the plot had gelled and the focus was much greater here than in the first half. The writing was excellent and smooth, easy to read, and it certainly hyped me up for t
Tammy
Aug 18, 2010 Tammy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this quite a bit. It is exciting, and (expected) true to form for the characters.

'Sacrifice of Angels' directly follows the events inbook 2 in the Dominion War quartet, instead of book 3. It is a novelization of the final episodes of the Dominion war and the recapture of DS9. I am unsure how much is directly from the episodes versus added context. It has been about ten years since I've watched them. There definitely was a high nostalgia factor, and it made me want to re-watch a bunch o
Daniel Kukwa
Jul 22, 2013 Daniel Kukwa rated it did not like it
Shelves: star-trek
If you are going to novelize (1) one of the greatest DS9 episodes -- pivotal to the entire series, and (2) one the greatest "Star Trek" episodes of all time...then it should be 400 pages of character work, adrenaline-pumping action, and soul-destroying emotion worthy of the episode itself. It certainly shouldn't be what this book delivers. If you have seen the episode, but haven't read the novelization...then move along.
Jason Vargo
Jul 07, 2015 Jason Vargo rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
The same problem plagues Sacrifice of Angels that hit Call to Arms: it is a novelization of a television episode. The writers can't play with the characters in the way they should, instead having to adhere to the original TV episode. There are no real stakes here, nothing to get the blood boiling or dread in our stomachs. Instead, we know what is going to happen too vividly, too much by memory. No surprises here.
Steve
Mar 04, 2013 Steve rated it it was amazing
This is a sequel to Call to Arms, which is a novelisation of seven episodes from Deep Space Nine's fifth and sixth season. The threads that were set up in the first part were deftly pulled and wrapped around the story from the episodes to great effect, and the lull during the climax of the book was just heart-wrenching.
Heather Domin
Jul 17, 2013 Heather Domin rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek-books
Like the first one, this is a straightforward novelization, though I noticed several extra scenes (and missing scenes) rather than a straight copy of the final script. There is a LOT of action and battle here, I thought it was really well done; I wasn't as fond of the characterization, particularly Bashir as a whiny little bitch and constant descriptions of Dax as pretty/beautiful/doll-like/perfect etc. Still good, though.
Michael White
Jul 15, 2014 Michael White rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic ending to this portion of this series! I started watching the episodes as I was finishing the book and I was really surprised at how much the author adds into the story. In the show the battle of the sensor array in the argolis cluster is not show. But here you find out exactly what happened and how that mission went. There are several other parts that you find out that more is going on. Overall this book was fantastic!
Webstartm
Jun 27, 2009 Webstartm rated it liked it
this book is novelization of several ds9 episodes from Sons and Daughters to Sacrifice of Angels. Very intense and interesting book but has some slow and rather boring moments. We gain insight in characters and some back stories that are only mentioned in episodes but are very well explained in this book.
This book continues directly on the plot from Dominion war,book 2:Call to Arms.
Beth
May 09, 2015 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This is a novelization of a number of episodes on Deep Space Nine. The author is able to expand the story a bit, but most of the action is familiar.
Joseph Barnes
Jan 24, 2013 Joseph Barnes rated it really liked it
This is the same as the Star Trek DS9 shows during the Dominion War. I did enjoy it though...It wraps up everything really nice.
David Taylor
David Taylor rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2009
Charlotte Dargue
Charlotte Dargue rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Sotos
Sotos rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Israrebook
Israrebook rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Marty
Marty rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Kirk Domenico
Kirk Domenico rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Thai
Thai rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Festus
Festus rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2012
William
William rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Brandon Frost
Brandon Frost rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2010
Zhugenaut
Zhugenaut rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Jose Ayala
Jose Ayala rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2014
Selvarajah Gauthaman
Selvarajah Gauthaman rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Linda Jones Harris
Linda Jones Harris rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Alan Whelan
Alan Whelan rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2013
Sian Jackson
Sian Jackson rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2014
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2012
Arie de Leeuw
Arie de Leeuw rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2016
Jerry Stoecklein
Jerry Stoecklein rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2011
  • Tunnel Through the Stars (Star Trek: The Dominion War, #3)
  • Armageddon Sky (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Day of Honor, #2)
  • Inferno (Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Millenium, #3)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • This Gray Spirit (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 2)
  • Trill and Bajor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Vol. 2)
  • The Long Night (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #4)
  • Avatar Book One of Two (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
  • Her Klingon Soul: Day of Honor #3
  • Twilight (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #1)
  • Objective: Bajor (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #15)
  • Doors Into Chaos (Star Trek: Gateways, #3)
  • The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • The Heart of the Warrior (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #17)
  • The Big Game
  • Vengeance (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #22)
Diane Carey also wrote the Distress Call 911 young adult series under the name D.L. Carey.

Diane Carey is primarily a science fiction author best known for her work in the Star Trek franchise. She has been the lead-off writer for two Star Trek spin-off book series: Star Trek The Next Generation with Star Trek: Ghost Ship, and the novelization of the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot, Broken Bow.

For more
More about Diane Carey...

Star Trek: The Dominion War (4 books)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Star Trek: The Dominion War, #1)
  • Call to Arms (Star Trek: The Dominion War, #2)
  • Tunnel Through the Stars (Star Trek: The Dominion War, #3)

“Can you believe it? They made me an ensign."
"I didn't realize that things were going so bad."
"Scary, isn't it?”