Start by marking “The MONOPOLY Companion: The Players' Guide” as Want to Read:
The MONOPOLY Companion: The Players' Guide

The MONOPOLY Companion: The Players' Guide

This work is a fun-packed guide to the history, rules, and winning strategies behind the worlds most popular board game, by the man known as Mr. Monopoly.
Published November 1st 2007 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about The MONOPOLY Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The MONOPOLY Companion

Christopher Lutz
Jan 09, 2016 Christopher Lutz rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book that provides information on all you need to know about Monopoly. Monopoly's history, specific details of the rules, winning strategies, tournament info, and even fun facts are included. The book pointed out several strategies and stats that I was unaware of and now look forward to applying to future games. The Monopoly Player's Guide is a quick read that will serve all players of Monopoly well.
Gwen
Oct 08, 2011 Gwen rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-read, how-to
Despite the "corny" "I'm speaking with the REAL Mr. Monopoly" tie in to the facts and trivia, The Monopoly Companion was a fun and interesting read. I would like to think I can beat any one at Monopoly now that I know some tricks, like when to trade and cause a housing shortage. There are even recipes included for a Monopoly themed dinner and game night. The mushroom sauce really was a "Millionaire's Mushroom Sauce!"
Brett
Jan 05, 2014 Brett rated it liked it
The interview style with Mr. monopoly is a little corny and I didn't find any great insights that weren't common sense. However, it was entertaining and made me want to play Monopoly.
Andie
Aug 09, 2012 Andie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-challenge
I didn't feel like I learned enough about the game to better myself when I play. However, I also didn't understand the charts that were in the book, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I really enjoyed the writing style of the book and would love to read similar styled things.
Matt
Aug 26, 2009 Matt rated it liked it
An entertaining read, especially given my current Monopoly fix. Good trivia, interesting information about the relative values of the properties, good strategies - lots of fun.
Gabriel Velez
Jun 24, 2013 Gabriel Velez rated it it was amazing
Hi I'm new to goodreads and this is the first book I've scanned but I'm having trouble reading it if someone can please help me I'd be very grateful.
Kerry (The Roaming Librarian)
lots of great advice for how to stack the odds in your favor in this game of chance!
Timothy P Manning
Timothy P Manning marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Jason
Jason added it
Oct 24, 2015
Bancha
Bancha marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Noha
Noha marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Jferrara
Jferrara marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Sarah Napientek johnson
Sarah Napientek johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Stephen Novik
Stephen Novik rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Bethany Nelson
Bethany Nelson marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
House03
House03 is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2014
Starra (HugBooks)
Starra (HugBooks) marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Laura Purdue
Laura Purdue rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2013