Start by marking “Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador” as Want to Read:
Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador

Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador

3.5  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador chronicles the changing forms of indigenous engagement with the Ecuadorian state since the early nineteenth century that, by the beginning of the twenty-first century, had facilitated the growth of the strongest unified indigenous movement in Latin America.

Built around nine case studies from nineteenth- and twentieth-century
Published August 28th 2007 by University of Pittsburgh Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador

Sam Grace
Oct 09, 2012 Sam Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sam by: anyone interested in Ecuadorian history or state
Shelves: phd, ecuador
This book is an edited collection that takes a lot of approaches to Ecuadorian state history and citizenship and I thoroughly enjoyed what I read of it - which wasn't everything because I ran out of time before ILL called it back. I think the chapter that stuck out to me most was "¿Indígena o Ciudadano? Republican Laws and Highland Indian Communities in Ecuador, 1820-1857," by Aleezé Sattar.
Linda Belote
Linda Belote rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Tait
Tait rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2017
David
David rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2009
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2011
Cory Franz
Cory Franz marked it as to-read
May 28, 2011
Sam Grace
Sam Grace marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2011
Oscar Urizar-Tamayo
Oscar Urizar-Tamayo marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2012
Hillary Bradburn
Hillary Bradburn marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015