Start by marking “Her Klingon Soul: Day of Honor #3” as Want to Read:
Her Klingon Soul: Day of Honor #3

Her Klingon Soul: Day of Honor #3 (Star Trek: Day of Honor #3)

Even light-years from the Klingon Empire, the Day of Honor remains an occasion of great importance. And sometimes honor is found in the most unexpected places... B'Elanna Torres has never cared for the Day of Honor. Ashamed of her Klingon heritage, she regards the holiday as an unwanted reminder of all she has struggled to repress. Besides, something awful always seems to ...more
Published 2002 by Pocket Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Her Klingon Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Klingon Soul

Sandra
Mar 14, 2013 Sandra rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This story takes place one year prior to the "Day of Honor" television episode. In this story B'Elanna and Harry get kidnapped twice. Once by the Kazon and right after that by the Risatti.

It's fun to read how the Risatti have lots in common with Klingons if you look deeper beyond the surface. How you can go from hating a species that has captured you, seeing their capability to start random files, to in the end respecting said species. The fear and logic in their predicament in the mines, their
Sean Randall
Jul 21, 2012 Sean Randall rated it it was ok
"“How long?” asked the lieutenant. “A minute,” said the Nograkh. “Maybe less, maybe more.”"

With that profound example of temporal awareness, and a complete stranger having intricate knowledge of Voyager's shield configurations, I think I'm justified in the assessment that this book leaves a little to be desired. Stil, it's an interesting take on Klingon values, more so because being lightyears away from home Klingon's are few and far between for our crew and another species makes up a rather goo
Jim Morrison
Oct 14, 2011 Jim Morrison rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
Good, I think. At least it kept me reading on. The characters are fitting and the problems and solutions are fitting for si-fi. The theme is all around "the day of honor" that Torres does not care to think about. But only because of her Klingon side is she able to.... Well, you will have to read the story.
Angela
It's the Day of Honor, and B'lanna is not happy. She is sent on a mission where she meets a violent race who have their own sense of honour. This would have made a decent TV episode. The characters all acted how you feel they should but there was no real depth to them or the story. A good read.
Kashyap
Sep 20, 2009 Kashyap rated it liked it
The third installment of the Day of Honor series. It's a decent portrayal of Torres and her feelings about being Klingon. The writing is unimaginative and the plot fairly predictable. If it weren't part of a series I would have skipped this one.
Allisson Reed
Jun 29, 2011 Allisson Reed rated it liked it
Not the best, not the worst. Nothing earth shattering
Todd R
May 23, 2014 Todd R rated it liked it
Shelves: trek, trek-voy
A good read. Written well and in a way that keeps the action moving.
Marc
Feb 04, 2016 Marc rated it liked it
Enjoyable pulp, but I'll admit, I've never been a huge fan of the Voyager crew... so my enjoyment was lessened as a result. Less a reflection on the actual story.
Dark-Draco
This third book in the series has to be my favourite so far. I liked the story, the characters seemed right and it kept me hooked right to the last page.
Anna
A good read.
I saw it in my head like an episode of Voyager as I read it. Incidentally, I never knew, or it never occurred to me, that Chakotay is Native American, so I learned something new.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it
Enjoyed thoroughly.
K
Sep 21, 2014 K rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek, voyager
4.5/5
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2014
Dylan
Dylan rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Sarah rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2012
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2012
Aadithya
Aadithya rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Bryan
Bryan rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Mike McDevitt
Mike McDevitt rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2010
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2009
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2011
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Caviaris , Boyar
Caviaris , Boyar rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Ken Schmidt
Ken Schmidt rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Julie Soden
Julie Soden rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Clarissa Johnson
Clarissa Johnson rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Pauline
Pauline rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
May 13, 2008
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
  • Armageddon Sky (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Day of Honor, #2)
  • Ancient Blood (Star Trek: The Next Generation: Day of Honor, #1)
  • Treaty's Law (Star Trek: Day of Honor, #4)
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, #4)
  • Tunnel Through the Stars (Star Trek: The Dominion War, #3)
  • Cybersong (Star Trek Voyager, #8)
  • Battle Lines (Star Trek Voyager, #18)
  • Pathways (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Marooned (Star Trek: Voyager, #14)
  • Bless the Beasts (Star Trek Voyager, #10)
  • Trial by Error (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #21)
  • Ragnarok (Star Trek Voyager, #3)
Michael Jan Friedman is an author of more than seventy books of fiction and nonfiction, half of which are in the Star Trek universe. Eleven of his titles have appeared on the New York Times Best Seller list. Friedman has also written for network and cable television and radio, and scripted nearly 200 comic books, including his original DC superhero series, the Darkstars.
More about Michael Jan Friedman...

Star Trek: Day of Honor (4 books)
  • Ancient Blood (Star Trek: The Next Generation: Day of Honor, #1)
  • Armageddon Sky (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Day of Honor, #2)
  • Treaty's Law (Star Trek: Day of Honor, #4)