Start by marking “The Boy in the Bubble” as Want to Read:
The Boy in the Bubble

The Boy in the Bubble

Adam has lived most of his 15 years in an oxygen tent. Anne is forced to visit him with the rest of her class. Later on, she chooses him as "her school project" for reasons she can't quite articulate...
Published June 17th 1993 by Mammoth (first published 1993)

Rebecca McNutt
This was a well-written and original book, with really good messages for kids about acceptance and friendship. Sort of if you crossed the movies Mask (1985) with The Boy in the Plastic Bubble (1976), but more appropriate for younger children.
Adrian Fisher
May 10, 2015 Adrian Fisher rated it really liked it
A very sad, but inspiring read
Joie
Jun 10, 2016 Joie rated it it was amazing
I remember reading this back when I was around 12~13 years old. I was lying on my bed at way past my bedtime, and crying over the ending. The story was quite original at that time although now there are several books about this certain theme going around (a boy/girl with a very low immunity living inside a bubble). I don't know how I'll feel about it now if I re-read it, but I'll give it 5 stars for how I remember it as and what it made me feel back then.
Soobie's heartbroken
Questo era strano. Nel senso che trattava di un argomento poco trattato dai romanzi per ragazzi: l'immunodeficienza congenita. Il protagonista è difatti costretto a vivere dentro una bolla di plastica per evitare ogni possibile contaminazione dal mondo esterno.

Non ricordo come cominciasse la storia d'amore con la ragazza però il romanzo mi era piaciuto parecchio. C'erano un sacco di cose interessanti nella collana ex libris delle Edizioni Elle.
Pamela
Jan 06, 2015 Pamela rated it really liked it
We had to study this book at high school in 1999 (Year 9 for me), and it has stayed with me ever since. I think of it often, and other people around me often reference it. It's thought-provoking, more than anything. Books like these only come along occasionally in a lifetime! Give it a try. :-)
Dawn Gehler
Jul 03, 2013 Dawn Gehler rated it it was amazing
very inspiring book and movie. It makes you think of what it would be like to be allergic to everything and have to live in a bubble without touching anyone else. or petting your animals.
Michelle
Oct 28, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I remember this book from my primary school years, and I remember that I loved it.

I think I need to get my hands on it some day in the future to be able to read it again!
Kimberley Phiri
Jun 21, 2013 Kimberley Phiri rated it really liked it
Beautiful and absolutely inspirational. The love story is both bizarre and normal. Remember stumbling across this in year 7 and I fell in love with the book.
Esme
Esme rated it really liked it
May 11, 2012
Bubbles
Bubbles rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Miriam Trimble
Miriam Trimble rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2009
Colourmekubrick
Colourmekubrick rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Veroluc
Veroluc rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2012
Barbra
Feb 21, 2013 Barbra rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I should re-read it again
Marianka.stadlergmail.com
Marianka.stadlergmail.com rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2013
Atifaah Patel
Atifaah Patel rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Vicky Cann
Vicky Cann rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Sumbul
Sumbul rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2012
xXRossiya AruXx
xXRossiya AruXx rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2009
Alena
Alena rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2013
Kate McCabe
Kate McCabe rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
May 12, 2012
Joy
Joy rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2012
Raissa
Raissa rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2012
Caitlín
Caitlín rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2014