Start by marking “Mental Resilience: The Power of Clarity: How to Develop the Focus of a Warrior and the Peace of a Monk” as Want to Read:

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Do you frequently feel stressed, overwhelmed, depressed, anxious? Do your thoughts sometimes have too much control over you? What if you could focus your mind and find peace in any situation?

We all face challenges—complex decisions, difficult personalities, constant demands on our time—but we don’t have to be at their mercy. By developing the skills outlined in this book,
Published February 28th 2008 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Mental Resilience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mental Resilience

Tami
Meditation has been a regular part of my daily routine for quite some time. I find that through this practice, I am far more calm, centered, and productive. In taking just a little time out from the chaos of my day, I realize that a lot of the worries that I fixate on aren’t really all that important to who I am, how I live my life, or in loving those around me.Even in the midst of my most difficult life experiences, I gain perspective and find meaning in the situation.

Mental Resilience is one
Sue
This is a great book for anyone who want to learn about meditation and the meditation process.

The bookstores are PACKED with meditation material, but it doesn't seem like there are many practical or process-oriented meditation books.

I wish that I had found this book when I first learned how to meditate.
Kamal Sarma covers the topic quite thoroughly. He discusses the reasons to meditate, ways to prepare for meditation, the stages of meditation, etcetera.

There isn't a "correct" way to meditate but
Lisa
This was a short and good book that I didn't quite finish because I got it from the library and the CD wasn't with the book. The end of the book was basically how to use the enclosed CD. Sarma makes a good point that most people need to "turn off" their brains in order for their brains and souls to recharge. It motivated me to check out some guided meditations for my MP3 player. Of course, now to actually do it more than 2 times!
Patricia Clemens
Very good read. Good for a person who needs to slow down, refocus. Great for learning how to sit still and learn mediation.
Brennan Arrold
This book provides a good & practical approach to one of life's essentials. Well done!
Nhien
Nhien marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Lisa Kline
Lisa Kline marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Gcolleran
Gcolleran is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Davis
Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Fredrik Jäfvert
Fredrik Jäfvert marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Vicky Rhedey
Vicky Rhedey marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Keshia Davis
Keshia Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
M N
M N marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Chris brown
Chris brown marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
cagedpopmachine
cagedpopmachine marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Szymon
Szymon marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Eric Molumby
Eric Molumby marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Mental Resilience: The Power of Clarity - How to Develop the Focus of a Warrior and the Peace of a Monk The Art of WinWin Conversations: How To Courageously Navigate Your Most Challenging,Complex And Critical Conversations Through Connection The Leadership Leap: Unlearning management, relearning leadership, how to take the next step in your career as a leader (The Leadership Journey) Mental Resilience: The Power Of Clarity: How To Develop The Focus Of A Warrior And The Peace Of A Monk