Start by marking “Why Should I Recycle?” as Want to Read:
Why Should I Recycle?

Why Should I Recycle?

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  16 reviews
What if everybody threw away old bottles and newspapers, littering the world with glass and plastic and tin cans that should be recycled and made into new products? Mr. Jones is a teacher who sets a good example for kids by separating his trash for recycling. When he takes them on a class trip to a recycling plant they learn the value of recycling. Part of every child's de ...more
Published February 1st 2005 by Barron's Educational Series (first published March 14th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Why Should I Recycle?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Should I Recycle?

Jaymie Christensen
This book is about a young girl who learns about what it means to recycle, as well as what she can do to help. In the beginning of the story the girl explains that her family recycles, but that they didn’t always, and used to just throw everything away. She then goes on to explain that one day on her way to school she walked by her teacher Mr. Jones carrying a box of something called “recycling” so she asked him about it, and he said he’d tell her at school. Then, it shows Mr. Jones asking his s ...more
This picture book allows students to see what they could do in order to help the earth and improve our environment. The book could be used in a general ed classroom for Earth Day or when teaching about recyclables and it could also be used in a science room when explaining where our waste goes and how it affects us.

The illustrations are not as superb as others, but they depict the story's text adequately in order for children to understand what is happening. The story line explains the how and t
Kayleena Nielson
I loved this book because it helps a kid see how to recycle; but not just by telling them to do it, but through a kid's perspective on how they learned about recycling and how easy it is. It gives many examples of what to recycle and how even a kid can make a difference. Kids cans in fact be examples to their parents. Being helpful and caring to earth is great and the kid here shows how happy it can be to do that.
Lauren Blount
I thought this was a really good book because it provides so much information about recycling by using a cute story so kids stay interested. I was able to learn things I didn't know about recycling even though the explanations are so simple! Great for teaching!
Emilee Wirth
I enjoyed reading through this book and the many reasons it suggest that we should recycle. Its a good lesson to children of all ages and explains to them the importance of doing good and recycling.
Julie Surface
This book taught kids how to recycle, and how it is very important to the earth. you can do so much when recycling. this would be a good book for a lesson on recycling.
Alyssa
This book would be good for introducing recycling to children. It shows how the kids took what they learned at school home to teach their families.
Todd Freer
talks aobut recycling garbage and reusing things more than once. Starts about how family didn't do this at first. Sees neighbor recycling and asks about what he's doing. They talk about it at school. Learns all about recycling and what can be recycled/made out of recycled things.

Ends with sections:
Why should I?
Suggestions for reading the book w/children
Suggestions for follow up activities
Additional books to read

Mike Gordon illustrations
Samantha
I love that this book is about recycling and helping the earth. However, the book has a grammar error and the illustrations are a little plain. I'd use this book to explain the importance of recycling and to discuss the different ways we could recycle and help the earth in our own classroom and at home.
Jessica P.
Several school children notice their teacher recycling, and inquire about what he was doing. He explains to them how to recycle and why it's important to do so for the environment. My Pre-1st (Kindergarten) class enjoyed this book. The teacher's name is MR. JONES.
Stephanie Tuell
my son read this book to me. a cute book about why people should recycle. the book breaks down some of the way we can recycle. the students in the book even visit a recycling center.
Blakeley Norris
This is an environmentally friendly book. It tells the reason and importance of recycling. It also tells how the things we recycle can be reused when we recycle them.
Ashley Greenfield
A good book to use to teach about the environment. Great illustrations are used to show the importance of recycling.
Greta
Good convsersation starter...we just read it for the first time today and Greta enjoyed it.
Alicia
I like that this book shows people recycling. The pictures could be better.
Joann Park
earth day
Sancha
Sancha marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Cezanne Shannon
Cezanne Shannon marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Emily Horvat
Emily Horvat marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
You Wouldn't Want to Be a Polar Explorer! Tutankhamen's Tomb: Uncover the Secrets and Treasures of Ancient Egypt Why Should I Save Water? Despatches from the Frontiers of the Female Mind Ancient Celts: Archaeology Unlocks the Secrets of the Celts' Past (National Geographic Investigates)