The Mystery of the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)

The Mystery of the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries #10)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  367 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The Cam Jansen books are perfect for young readers who are making the transition to chapter books, and Cam is a spunky young heroine whom readers have loved for over two decades. Now the first ten books in the series have updated covers that bring new life to these perennial best-sellers. Old fans and new readers will love Cam's cool, modern look!

Published July 22nd 2004 by Puffin (first published October 1st 1985)

Laura Phelps
Cam Jansen is a child detective with a photographic memory. She says 'click,' like a camera, and she basically has a snapshot in her head that she can recall anytime by just saying 'click' again. Eric is her right hand man, and in this book we meet another boy who always has to one up everyone: Billy. Billy is kind of annoying, but pretty funny.

My sister and I read through this book along with another Cam Jansen book. She liked the mystery side of this one a lot, but she didn't like the ending (...more
Children's Literature Project
DRA:20-24

While Cam, Eric and Billy are visiting the city zoo, all the monkeys in the monkey cage go missing. The three friends unite their forces to help the zoo manager solve the mystery of the missing monkeys. Cam uses her photographic memory to remember clues while Eric and Bill attempt to make sense of them. After considering many different leads, the friends remember a unusual truck with gardening equipment leaving the Zoo. The Zoo manager contacted the police, who was able to intercept the...more
Dolly
Dec 23, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another entertaining story in the Cam Jansen series of mysteries by David A. Adler and Susanna Natti. The mystery itself is a bit contrived and the side story about ice cream is just weird. But we've really enjoyed reading these books and our girls always look forward to another mystery featuring Cam and her friend Eric.
Rachel Yingling
This is a good book from a series of books that involve the character Cam Jansen. She is a child with a photographic memory. Cam uses her photographic memory to solve mysteries. It's a light hearted and fun book for kids, especially for kids who are just beginning to read chapter books. In this story Cam and her friends go to the zoo and find monkeys missing. Together they are able to solve the mystery of who took the monkeys with things that Cam has seen with her photographic memory.
Emily
Andd Becker
Love the Cam Jansen concept!
Kelly
Cam Jansen and her friend, Eric have run into another mystery! Monkeys have disappeared at the zoo and Cam has to get to the bottom of it. Who knows where those monkeys are! Will the monkeys be returned to there safe home in the monkey exhibit? Find out when you read Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monkey House!

I enjoyed this book. It is a wonderful addition to the Cam Jansen series.
Josephine
I read this one with the kids. They said they kind of liked it but not really, hence the 2 star rating. I probably would have given it three myself. The kids in the book are 5th grade though so this is probably a bit advanced for my kids but not over their heads. It just made them want to go to the zoo.
Anna
THere were monkeys and then somebody stole them and put them in a cage and took them away. A lady bumped into the truck and Cam saw the monkeys. There was no gardening and it was a gardening truck--that's how Cam solved the mystery.
Eliza
I liked how there were so many mysteries in just one book. And I just love how Cam solves mysteries with her "click."
Lisa
These are cute books! They're also nice and short--perfect for those rainy days when you're bored! ;)
Ayanna
This Book Is Very Nice Its Very GGod To Read.They are Finding Out Mystery At The Monkey House It Good For Him
Sydney
someone was stealing monkeys. cam and her dad drive and see the thief's car with the monkeys inside it.
Sara
Jun 01, 2008 Sara added it
Someone at the zoo is trying to sell some monkeys and that person just wanted to make money.
Gracie
it was a short mystery that wasent imposible to figure out but it wasent to easy
Olivia
This book is not one of my favorite books, but I still liked it.
Jakey
I liked the parts with the monkeys.
Justin
The monkeys were cool.
Tonya
Mar 16, 2013 Tonya added it
i think this is a good book
Brooke
Lissy
Lissy added it
Jul 09, 2014
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding
  • The Orange Outlaw (A to Z Mysteries, #15)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • The Littles and the Big Storm
  • Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)
  • Gabriella the Snow Kingdom Fairy (Rainbow Magic)
  • Amber Brown Wants Extra Credit
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then-...more
More about David A. Adler...
The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3) The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2) The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4) The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)