Start by marking “The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)

The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries #10)

The Cam Jansen books are perfect for young readers who are making the transition to chapter books, and Cam is a spunky young heroine whom readers have loved for over two decades. Now the first ten books in the series have updated covers that bring new life to these perennial best-sellers. Old fans and new readers will love Cam's cool, modern look!

Published July 22nd 2004 by Puffin (first published October 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery at the Monkey House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery at the Monkey House

Laura Phelps
Jul 09, 2013 Laura Phelps rated it liked it
Shelves: lizzies-books
Cam Jansen is a child detective with a photographic memory. She says 'click,' like a camera, and she basically has a snapshot in her head that she can recall anytime by just saying 'click' again. Eric is her right hand man, and in this book we meet another boy who always has to one up everyone: Billy. Billy is kind of annoying, but pretty funny.

My sister and I read through this book along with another Cam Jansen book. She liked the mystery side of this one a lot, but she didn't like the ending (
Marika Gillis
Feb 17, 2012 Marika Gillis rated it liked it
Can Jansen books are fine mysteries for those students who are just beginning to tackle simple chapter books, but there is nothing special or meaningful enough to make these books stand out among comparable books (Junie B, Flat Stanley, Magic Tree House, etc.). I think this is one of those series that depends a great deal on the kiddo reading it. Some may love it, others not so much. If your kids take to the characters in this book, there is something nice about a series with comfortable, famili ...more
Children's Literature Project
Oct 25, 2013 Children's Literature Project rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, virginia
DRA:20-24

While Cam, Eric and Billy are visiting the city zoo, all the monkeys in the monkey cage go missing. The three friends unite their forces to help the zoo manager solve the mystery of the missing monkeys. Cam uses her photographic memory to remember clues while Eric and Bill attempt to make sense of them. After considering many different leads, the friends remember a unusual truck with gardening equipment leaving the Zoo. The Zoo manager contacted the police, who was able to intercept the
Dolly
Dec 23, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another entertaining story in the Cam Jansen series of mysteries by David A. Adler and Susanna Natti. The mystery itself is a bit contrived and the side story about ice cream is just weird. But we've really enjoyed reading these books and our girls always look forward to another mystery featuring Cam and her friend Eric.
Emily
Mar 11, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Yingling
This is a good book from a series of books that involve the character Cam Jansen. She is a child with a photographic memory. Cam uses her photographic memory to solve mysteries. It's a light hearted and fun book for kids, especially for kids who are just beginning to read chapter books. In this story Cam and her friends go to the zoo and find monkeys missing. Together they are able to solve the mystery of who took the monkeys with things that Cam has seen with her photographic memory.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

Someone's been monkeying around at the zoo, and now some monkeys are missing! Leave it to Cam to find the thief and return the monkeys safely to their cage.

A great mystery/detective series - a great novel for young children (easy to read). For those who like Harriet the Spy and Encyclopedia Brown.
Josephine
I read this one with the kids. They said they kind of liked it but not really, hence the 2 star rating. I probably would have given it three myself. The kids in the book are 5th grade though so this is probably a bit advanced for my kids but not over their heads. It just made them want to go to the zoo.
Kelly Lyons
Jul 07, 2011 Kelly Lyons rated it really liked it
Cam Jansen and her friend, Eric have run into another mystery! Monkeys have disappeared at the zoo and Cam has to get to the bottom of it. Who knows where those monkeys are! Will the monkeys be returned to there safe home in the monkey exhibit? Find out when you read Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monkey House!

I enjoyed this book. It is a wonderful addition to the Cam Jansen series.
Kaytee
Apr 13, 2015 Kaytee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
cam and eric were going to the zoo and then they went back to the monkey house then the cage was empty then they saw a truk come by. then the truck had a car crash and they said to the boy do you know about the monkeys then the boy said can i go now then cam saw a little something then she said stop and looked at the back then there were the monkeys.
Anna
Aug 08, 2010 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-by-myself
THere were monkeys and then somebody stole them and put them in a cage and took them away. A lady bumped into the truck and Cam saw the monkeys. There was no gardening and it was a gardening truck--that's how Cam solved the mystery.
E
May 13, 2008 E added it
Be ur self.
Ayanna
Jul 09, 2009 Ayanna rated it it was amazing
This Book Is Very Nice Its Very GGod To Read.They are Finding Out Mystery At The Monkey House It Good For Him
Tonya
Mar 16, 2013 Tonya added it
i think this is a good book
Melissa Namba
May 15, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it really liked it
Shelves: coplin
this is the book that introduces annoying Billy. I wish he never joined the series. the criminal slipped by my attention, which is great. kids should like this, especially the little monkey.
Lila Olsen
Jan 09, 2015 Lila Olsen rated it it was amazing
I liked it.
Samra
Oct 01, 2016 Samra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school
pretty cute story, no depth tho, entertaining
Eliza
Jul 25, 2012 Eliza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
I liked how there were so many mysteries in just one book. And I just love how Cam solves mysteries with her "click."
Gracie
Feb 10, 2013 Gracie rated it really liked it
it was a short mystery that wasent imposible to figure out but it wasent to easy
Justin
Feb 10, 2008 Justin rated it it was amazing
The monkeys were cool.
Jakey
Nov 03, 2013 Jakey rated it liked it
I liked the parts with the monkeys.
Andd Becker
Jan 25, 2014 Andd Becker rated it really liked it
Love the Cam Jansen concept!
Olivia
Nov 05, 2010 Olivia rated it really liked it
This book is not one of my favorite books, but I still liked it.
Cleo Joyce
Solid mystery for new chapter book readers. Definitely written for new readers--not a lot of great writing.
Razaz
Nov 03, 2015 Razaz added it
Charlotte
May 21, 2016 Charlotte rated it really liked it
This book is a favorite because I really can't remember but I know I loved it.
Cws
May 20, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Adl
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
someone was stealing monkeys. cam and her dad drive and see the thief's car with the monkeys inside it.
Lisa
Jun 05, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
These are cute books! They're also nice and short--perfect for those rainy days when you're bored! ;)
Sara
Jun 01, 2008 Sara added it
Someone at the zoo is trying to sell some monkeys and that person just wanted to make money.
  • The Case of the Mummy Mystery (Jigsaw Jones, #6)
  • Horrible Harry and the Dragon War
  • The Perfect Present (Ready, Freddy!, #18)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • The Littles Go To School
  • Locked in the Library! (Arthur Chapter Book, #6)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper