Start by marking “Favole: Set Me Free” as Want to Read:
Favole: Set Me Free

Favole: Set Me Free (Favole #2)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  291 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Sucesso internacional finalmente disponível em português!

Donzelas à beira da morte, lânguidas imagens erguendo-se por detrás de uma lápide, castelos carregados de mistérios, lagos obscuros no meio de bosques banhados pelo luar...

A temática gótica e vampírica é uma das mais recorrentes da ficção contemporânea e tem originado grandes êxitos literários e cinematográficos. Nom
Published August 1st 2007 by Heavy Metal Magazine (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Favole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Favole

The One by Kiera CassMy Name Is Rapunzel by K.C. HiltonEnchanted by Alethea KontisThe Captive Maiden by Melanie DickersonEnvy by Anna Godbersen
Wrapped in Clouds
101st out of 392 books — 74 voters
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books of 2005
290th out of 528 books — 432 voters

More lists with this book...

sheila
Jul 29, 2014 sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-love-love
Would love to get a tattoo out of this beautiful art
Carina
Jan 29, 2013 Carina rated it liked it
This is my favourite volume of Favole, it is the one I read first and it is the one where I actually own some of the pictures.

As with "Stone Tears" there are three stories contained within "Set Me Free". Whereas the vampire Ezequiel was the link for the first volume, Favole is the common thread in this. Out of the three stories I would say that Ebony's is my favourite and has some of the more beautiful pictures, whilst the final story, Abels, has a link back to Marquise of volume one.

It is more
Noodles
Mar 01, 2013 Noodles rated it it was amazing
In the first Favole book, Marquise fell in love with a stone statue of an angel in a graveyard, with a passion that lasted beyond death. Victoria Frances draws so well that I could almost do the same with her characters. They have such beauty, intense sadness and tragedy that they look out of the page like real people. The writing is poetic, even a little confusing at times. The whole effect is a blurring together of the physical and spririt worlds, of fantasy and reality, nature and the human w ...more
Tabitha Vohn
Feb 11, 2015 Tabitha Vohn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: artsy
I first discovered Victoria Frances years ago when the happy go lucky artwork of Amy Brown was beginning to simmer. I was full into my Gothic faze (I'll never wholly recover, ha ha).

Victoria's artwork is evocative and haunting. The faces of her muses are exquisitely drawn. There is pain there; beauty, resignation, beckoning.

Often, I wonder if something is not lost in the English to Spanish translation; I wish I read Spanish.

Nevertheless, these books are worth the selling price to own the dark
Sonja
Oct 24, 2015 Sonja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beter dan deel 1, maar ik heb deel 3 niet...
Lady Entropy
Jan 19, 2012 Lady Entropy rated it really liked it
Lovely lovely art. The only reason why it doesn't get a 5 star rating is because the artist seems to think she's a writer too, and tries to dazzle us with some of the more laughable examples of purple prose with gothic undertones I've read in a few years. Try reading the "girl who chokes on apple and dies during her first period" bit without laughing.

I dare you.
Alexis
Jan 02, 2013 Alexis rated it really liked it
story-wise, it's a 14 year old girl's fantasies. But you don't buy it for the story, you buy it for the art, and that's really good. Normally I wouldn't rate it, but for its countless cliches, the plot is only a fragment of an overall story I haven't read, so I'll focus on the art alone
Melissa Bennett
Jul 19, 2010 Melissa Bennett rated it it was amazing
I loved the art in this book (as I did with all her other books). It is very dark and yet very beautiful. Every drawing is breath takingly detailed and very stimulating to the senses. If you love vampires, you'll love this book. I highly recommend it!
H. Anne Stoj
Oct 11, 2011 H. Anne Stoj rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels, horror
Again, beautiful, beautiful art. I don't really understand the story, but it's not a thing that bothers me over much as the language is pretty. It's not a lack of plot, just that it's a bit muddled.
Dimitra
Apr 04, 2015 Dimitra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: victoria-frances
AMAZING drawings!!!
Beautiful short story!
I love V.F. works so so sooooooooooooo much!!!
And this one was much much darker and spooky... But I really loved it!
Especially the male vampire... :P
Ricardo
Dec 10, 2012 Ricardo rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
The art of Victoria's books is very good.
Unfortunely the story doesn't follow the same path and is quite basic
Evolet Belova
Jan 15, 2015 Evolet Belova rated it it was amazing
Nota: 10/10
Haru
Haru added it
Apr 28, 2016
Fannie
Fannie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Nuemiel
Nuemiel rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Kyra
Kyra added it
Apr 07, 2016
Siiri Cressey
Siiri Cressey marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Lágrimas de Brea
Lágrimas de Brea rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
RashaRuby
RashaRuby rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Elena
Elena rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Rox Gimenez
Rox Gimenez rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Casey Kraft
Casey Kraft marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Vivian Rose
Vivian Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
V
V rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
  • Prohibited Book 1
  • The Tarot Cafe, #7
  • The Art of Amy Brown II
  • Angel, Volume 3: The Wolf, the Ram, and the Heart
  • Offerings
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 6
  • Requiem for an Elf (Poison Elves, Vol. 1)
  • Vampyre
  • Crazy Girl Shin Bia Volume 19
  • Windows in Time
  • Spectrum 13: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art
Frances was born in Valencia but spent much of her infancy in Galicia.

She attended the Polytechnic University of Valencia, where she studied Fine Arts at the Facultad de Bellas Artes de San Carlos. There she started working as an illustrator while also designing various book covers and other commissioned pieces.

Her first illustrated book, Favole, a remembrance of Verona, Venice and Genoa, was firs
More about Victoria Francés...

Favole (4 books)