Start by marking “Favole: Set Me Free” as Want to Read:
Favole: Set Me Free

Favole: Set Me Free (Favole #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sucesso internacional finalmente disponível em português!

Donzelas à beira da morte, lânguidas imagens erguendo-se por detrás de uma lápide, castelos carregados de mistérios, lagos obscuros no meio de bosques banhados pelo luar...

A temática gótica e vampírica é uma das mais recorrentes da ficção contemporânea e tem originado grandes êxitos literários e cinematográficos. Nom
Published August 1st 2007 by Heavy Metal Magazine (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Favole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Favole

Tabitha Vohn
I first discovered Victoria Frances years ago when the happy go lucky artwork of Amy Brown was beginning to simmer. I was full into my Gothic faze (I'll never wholly recover, ha ha).

Victoria's artwork is evocative and haunting. The faces of her muses are exquisitely drawn. There is pain there; beauty, resignation, beckoning.

Often, I wonder if something is not lost in the English to Spanish translation; I wish I read Spanish.

Nevertheless, these books are worth the selling price to own the dark
sheila
Would love to get a tattoo out of this beautiful art
Carina
This is my favourite volume of Favole, it is the one I read first and it is the one where I actually own some of the pictures.

As with "Stone Tears" there are three stories contained within "Set Me Free". Whereas the vampire Ezequiel was the link for the first volume, Favole is the common thread in this. Out of the three stories I would say that Ebony's is my favourite and has some of the more beautiful pictures, whilst the final story, Abels, has a link back to Marquise of volume one.

It is more
Dimitra
AMAZING drawings!!!
Beautiful short story!
I love V.F. works so so sooooooooooooo much!!!
And this one was much much darker and spooky... But I really loved it!
Especially the male vampire... :P
Noodles
In the first Favole book, Marquise fell in love with a stone statue of an angel in a graveyard, with a passion that lasted beyond death. Victoria Frances draws so well that I could almost do the same with her characters. They have such beauty, intense sadness and tragedy that they look out of the page like real people. The writing is poetic, even a little confusing at times. The whole effect is a blurring together of the physical and spririt worlds, of fantasy and reality, nature and the human w ...more
Lady Entropy
Lovely lovely art. The only reason why it doesn't get a 5 star rating is because the artist seems to think she's a writer too, and tries to dazzle us with some of the more laughable examples of purple prose with gothic undertones I've read in a few years. Try reading the "girl who chokes on apple and dies during her first period" bit without laughing.

I dare you.
Alexis
story-wise, it's a 14 year old girl's fantasies. But you don't buy it for the story, you buy it for the art, and that's really good. Normally I wouldn't rate it, but for its countless cliches, the plot is only a fragment of an overall story I haven't read, so I'll focus on the art alone
Melissa Bennett
I loved the art in this book (as I did with all her other books). It is very dark and yet very beautiful. Every drawing is breath takingly detailed and very stimulating to the senses. If you love vampires, you'll love this book. I highly recommend it!
H. Anne Stoj
Again, beautiful, beautiful art. I don't really understand the story, but it's not a thing that bothers me over much as the language is pretty. It's not a lack of plot, just that it's a bit muddled.
Ricardo
The art of Victoria's books is very good.
Unfortunely the story doesn't follow the same path and is quite basic
Lettie
Nota: 10/10
Petros Petrosyan
Petros Petrosyan marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Squ135
Squ135 marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Nttd
Nttd marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Bruna
Bruna marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Sabah
Sabah marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
  • Hojas de dedalera
  • Crazy Girl Shin Bia Volume 1
  • Trinity Blood, Vol. 11
  • Windows in Time
  • La sombra de la luna (El ciclo de la luna roja, #3)
  • Angel: Last Angel in Hell (Volume 6)
Frances was born in Valencia but spent much of her infancy in Galicia.

She attended the Polytechnic University of Valencia, where she studied Fine Arts at the Facultad de Bellas Artes de San Carlos. There she started working as an illustrator while also designing various book covers and other commissioned pieces.

Her first illustrated book, Favole, a remembrance of Verona, Venice and Genoa, was firs
More about Victoria Francés...
Favole: Stone Tears Favole: Frozen Light Angel Wings Favole Misty Circus Volume 1