Start by marking “Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate” as Want to Read:
Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate

Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Why are some sins considered worse than others?

This discussion guide to Navigator author Jerry Bridges' Respectable Sins helps us evaluate how we regard sins we tend to overlook. Through probing discussion questions, this guide helps you work through anger, jealousy, pride, and more while looking to God for His grace and forgiveness.

• 8 lessons
Published August 24th 2007 by NavPress (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Respectable Sins Discussion Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Respectable Sins Discussion Guide

Angi
I LOVED Jerry Bridges' book Respectable Sins. The workbook (written by someone else) was severely lacking, however. It didn't cover some key points in the book - like chapter 6's Directions for Dealing with Sin - which I thought was the most important chapter in the whole book because it showed us how to apply what we were learning. It just skipped right over the directions after Jerry spent a whole chapter emphasizing them. The workbook doesn't even included the final chapter on Worldliness or ...more
Becca
The study guide isn't as good as the book it is based upon. That being said, it did help focus our group discussions. My biggest issue with the study guide is that it "jumped around" and did not follow the chapter order of the book. So, you could be reading in the book and it would refer to a prior chapter, but in the study guide, we hadn't gotten to that chapter yet because the author of the study guide had skipped over it to cover in a later chapter.
Lauren Miller
I found myself challenged by the discussion guide (as much as one can be with one-sided questions). The glimpses the guide gives of the actual book left me wishing that my local library had a copy in the collection. It looks like a good read.
Marguerite Harrell
We, my wonderful Care Group in my wonderful church family are currently reading this along with Respectable Sins. I am looking forward to learn a lot more in this.
faithful
The book itself had depth and had good encouragement to take another look at our "good" Christian lives. This discussion guide did not add that much.
Nacole
Haven't really filled the study guide out yet. Pretty time-consuming in conjunction with reading the chapters, but I'll get to it.
Christine
Book is better than the study guide. I thought the questions belabored the otherwise good points.
Mike Corgan
Good study guide to the book.
Len Staley
It went well with the book.
John Root
So challenging. So good.
Rutger Spearman
Rutger Spearman marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Pam Jones
Pam Jones marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
heartwork.in.progress
heartwork.in.progress marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Duncan Mcalister
Duncan Mcalister marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Kim Marrero
Kim Marrero is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2014
Miguel A.
Miguel A. marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
JERRY BRIDGES is an author and conference speaker. His most popular book, The Pursuit of Holiness, has sold over one million copies. Jerry has been on the staff of The Navigators for over fifty years, and currently serves in the Collegiate Mission where he is involved primarily in staff development, but also serves as a speaker resource to the campus ministries.
More about Jerry Bridges...
The Pursuit of Holiness The Discipline of Grace: God's Role and Our Role in the Pursuit of Holiness Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts The Practice of Godliness