Start by marking “Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate” as Want to Read:
Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate

Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Why are some sins considered worse than others?

This discussion guide to Navigator author Jerry Bridges' Respectable Sins helps us evaluate how we regard sins we tend to overlook. Through probing discussion questions, this guide helps you work through anger, jealousy, pride, and more while looking to God for His grace and forgiveness.

• 8 lessons
Published August 24th 2007 by NavPress (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Respectable Sins Discussion Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Respectable Sins Discussion Guide

Angi
Aug 21, 2012 Angi rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012
I LOVED Jerry Bridges' book Respectable Sins. The workbook (written by someone else) was severely lacking, however. It didn't cover some key points in the book - like chapter 6's Directions for Dealing with Sin - which I thought was the most important chapter in the whole book because it showed us how to apply what we were learning. It just skipped right over the directions after Jerry spent a whole chapter emphasizing them. The workbook doesn't even included the final chapter on Worldliness or ...more
Becca
Mar 25, 2009 Becca rated it liked it
The study guide isn't as good as the book it is based upon. That being said, it did help focus our group discussions. My biggest issue with the study guide is that it "jumped around" and did not follow the chapter order of the book. So, you could be reading in the book and it would refer to a prior chapter, but in the study guide, we hadn't gotten to that chapter yet because the author of the study guide had skipped over it to cover in a later chapter.
Lauren Miller
I found myself challenged by the discussion guide (as much as one can be with one-sided questions). The glimpses the guide gives of the actual book left me wishing that my local library had a copy in the collection. It looks like a good read.
Marguerite Harrell
May 08, 2012 Marguerite Harrell rated it really liked it
We, my wonderful Care Group in my wonderful church family are currently reading this along with Respectable Sins. I am looking forward to learn a lot more in this.
faithful
Apr 13, 2010 faithful rated it it was ok
The book itself had depth and had good encouragement to take another look at our "good" Christian lives. This discussion guide did not add that much.
Nacole
May 12, 2009 Nacole rated it did not like it
Haven't really filled the study guide out yet. Pretty time-consuming in conjunction with reading the chapters, but I'll get to it.
Christine
Aug 26, 2010 Christine rated it it was ok
Book is better than the study guide. I thought the questions belabored the otherwise good points.
Mike Corgan
Mar 11, 2013 Mike Corgan rated it liked it
Good study guide to the book.
Len Staley
Aug 07, 2011 Len Staley rated it really liked it
It went well with the book.
John Root
So challenging. So good.
Rico Flores
Rico Flores rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Victor Toh
Victor Toh is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
Karen Israel
Karen Israel is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2016
Todd Burgett
Todd Burgett rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Carly Sturgeon
Carly Sturgeon rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2016
Shannon Pascual
Shannon Pascual rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
John Benzing
John Benzing rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
Chelsea Ellison
Chelsea Ellison rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015
Kyle K
Kyle K marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Hal Ueland
Hal Ueland rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Diane Lurkins
Diane Lurkins marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Taylor Sinclair
Taylor Sinclair rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
Julie
Julie is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2015
Luke Burgess
Luke Burgess is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2015
Elizabeth Warren
Elizabeth Warren marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Dana Culp
Dana Culp marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Debbiea
Debbiea rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
JERRY BRIDGES is an author and conference speaker. His most popular book, The Pursuit of Holiness, has sold over one million copies. Jerry has been on the staff of The Navigators for over fifty years, and currently serves in the Collegiate Mission where he is involved primarily in staff development, but also serves as a speaker resource to the campus ministries.
More about Jerry Bridges...