Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)

The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,618 ratings  ·  39 reviews
THE SPIRIT OF A LADY

Four fabulous guys must completely transform a high school girl if they want to keep living rent-free in her aunt’s luxurious mansion. But Sunako Nakahara, the most fashion-hopeless girl in Japan, would rather live like a hermit and watch her favorite horror movies than undergo a makeover.

When the guys stumble upon the mansion’s secret subbasement, they
Published December 28th 2004 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 2

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOne Piece, Volume 01 by Eiichiro OdaSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraCase Closed, Vol. 1 by Gosho Aoyama
Best Manga/Anime Author
34th out of 132 books — 128 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBeauty Pop, Vol. 1 by Kiyoko AraiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba
Awesome Manga
120th out of 340 books — 131 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
When she walks through town, every plant and tree she passes dies. When she goes inside, the lights fade into darkness. And everyone who sees her cries out in fear. Her name is ... Sunako Nakahara!!

Man, I love this series. Love the art, love the humor, love Sunako and her quasi-reverse harem (no, there are no love triangles or quadrangles in this series, thank heaven), love how even though Sunako is very insecure about her appearance and generally antisocial, she can still be friends with the be
Eme Black
4'75/5
WARNING: this review will probably be full of spoilers.
Volume 2 is as funny as 1. We can see how Sunako is getting more attached to the boys -really cute Christmas chapter-, and how Takano gets to discover -especially at the end- Sunako's true nature (kinder than her dark looks may show). The author makes us suffer of pure histeric fangirling making our main couple -we know at this point they're meant to be- kiss, despite the fact that Sunako wasn't herself but was possessed by an ancient
Jacqueline

I absolutely LOVE the characters in this series (Sunako is hilarious and Kyohei is weirdly adorable)...but dear God, the plotting of this particular Volume was kind of painful. There were definitely moments of interest that developed among the characters because of the particular mini-story arcs of Volume 2, but at the end of the day the plots were just kind of...

Yeah. Likeable, though! I mean, come on, when you basically have (view spoiler)
Puji Rahayu
Sunako dirasuki oleh roh wanita inggris bernama Eliza. Berhubung si Eliza suka menyiksa cowok-cowok cantik, dia mengurung Kyouhen dan kawan-kawan di ruang bawah tanah. Ternyatam yang bisa mengembalikan Sunako hanyalah Kyouhei. Dengan spontan, tiba-tiba Kyouhei mencium Sunako!

It’s like been an Emagod! Kyouhei kissed Sunako! Ahh, It was very amazing when I saw they were kissing. Yaa, emang sih, ceritanya buat nyelametin Sunako dari si Eliza, tapi Kyouhei kenapa bisa kepikiran kayak gitu? Nggak pap
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Well, this really is a dark manga. Sunako is scary, but also a badass, so it is OK. She is kind of a satanical girl, so gloomy (very unlike Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Volume 1, the sweetest girl I have ever read in a shoujo).

Then, happens this incident with the rapist. Sunako was going to be raped, literally! I was shocked to read this (the pervert had his pants down for God's sake!). So far I have read light shoujos, so of course it was going to shock me! Thankfully Takano was
Erin Sheldon
I really wanted to try and read this whole series, but I had to give up. This Manga is the worst I've ever read. First of all, Sunako's character is just ridiculous. Lots of people feel like "outsiders" during high school, but this character is just too much (even for an exaggeration). It almost seems to be saying that either everything she likes is wrong and unfeminine somehow, or that girls with low self - esteem must have some kind of problem. Secondly, the boys all seem to make her in charge ...more
Whereis
Another solid addition to the series. It was a nice book and it handled a lot of moment better than the anime. We really get more of a feel for the characters in this book. Rather than getting a general overview of the cast, we really get a better view of Sunako and the boy's relationship with her. Still, there were a few missed points, but overall it was good.
Thetravelingpanda
I am in love with this manga! It makes me laugh so much!!!! The school festival episode was so funny (Yuki in a dress is so cute) Sunako-chan is soooooo cool!She is not hopeless she can fight and she doesn't care about what people think about her! I would love to be like her, well not the shut in part but the rest yep!
Jessica-Robyn
I just love how weird this manga is!
I mean honestly, the events that happen in this volume chapter-to-chapter have very little correlation aside from a obvious rapist trend but it is still just so funny to read.

The characters are also becoming more established or I should probably say, more distinguishable from each other. I'm actually starting to pickup on their names and faces!

I'm also becoming increasingly in love with the art style, especially when it comes to Sunako who is drawn in a rou
Jeffrey
The Wallflower continues to provide some modest entertainment. While the first volume had some fun shocks to the system, the second one follows in mostly logical, trope fashion. There are esentially three arcs, a school festival, a holidays story, and hot springs adventure, which are pretty common fodder for this sort of genre.

While Tomoko Hayawaka continues to apply her own gothic appeal and silliness, there's nothing really new to this kind of story here. Admittedly, I can't recall the origin
Bianca Singh
This is my second favorite book! It's about a these 4 boys. A ruff guy, cute guy, ladies guy, and smart guy. All super good looking! Even though good looking, they are homeless. When they stumble upon a rich widow, she lets them stay and live in her mansion-on one condition. To make her super goth-grudge looking niece turn into a 'proper lady'. This is one very funny book. It's not one of those comedy books thats makes you chuckle quietly. It literally makes you fall on the floor and make you la ...more
Amber
Gradually I'm liking this Manga more and more, the characters are so fun! They still look and dress like girls but I'm getting past it. I am no longer confusing the characters either, they now have personalities I can distinguish them by, which makes the book that much better!

In this Manga we visit Halloween and Christmas, its pretty fun, and uniquily unpradictable, can't say nothing more except make sure you have the third handy, it ends on one dilly of a cliff hanger!
Chibineko
This is the 2nd volume of the highly successful series, yet the boys have yet to make over Sunako! Still clinging to her dark ways, she's fighting their attempts left & right. It would be a little too close to other "let's make her pretty via a boy harem" manga if it wasn't so darn original. This volume keeps up the fun, and is still fun even after the first volume.

Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes. The premise & characters are both likable & fun.
Ubalstecha
This bizarre little manga keeps chugging along. Our heroine is still resisting the efforts of her four roommates to turn her into a real lady. She wins a prize in the school festival for her house of horrors, is attacked on Christmas Eve and gets involved in a murder at a spa. The romantic tension also climbs between her and one of the boys.

Definately for teens and older, but enjoyable in a bizarre way.
Brooklyn Teen-central
Reviewed by delil1 (TCRC)

When the spirit of a duchess that lives in the basement of the mansion possesses Sunako the boys think that their prayers are answered that is until they discover that the ghost wants nothing more then to tie them up and lock them away in the mansion’s dungeon. This volume attempts to teach the boys to be careful what you with for because it might just come back and bite you in the butt.
Selena
...Ew, creepy rapist. And I really don't like Kyohei for saying "she's got to lose her virginity sometime." ...As if rape were consensual sex. ...That just pisses me off.

Anyway, except for that one line, it was really good (yes, that one line made me drop this from 5 to 4). I especially liked Eliza's appearance (not saying too much to prevent spoilers) and Sunako's haunted house.
Amy Gideon
This had a couple of scenes that had me laughing out loud. While the artwork, especially the men, still bugs me the story is entertaining.

The main thing keeping this rating at a low three for me is the disjointed way the story is unfolding. It's told in haphazard and scattered way. I like a little more structure in my manga.
Rachel
Not as good as the first one, because it didn't seem to follow a real plot (the most real I could come up with is Noi-chan trying to get with Takenaga-kun), and lacked direction in general. A little awkward in some places... but then those ended to be followed by a complete tangent.
Of course, Japanese writing is beautiful.
Rebecca Ann
I really do not get this manga. I'm mostly offended by it and none of the jokes seem funny. I find a lot of it very sexist and bizarre. I'll probably read one more before I give up on it, but I think perhaps it is just not for me. I really like the artistic style, however.
Kristine Pratt
OK, this gets a little bit TOO silly at times, but I liked the Christmas storyline the best in this volume despite all of that. The characters continue to grow and develop, the macabre adds interesting elements to the story. Overall a pretty good series. :)
Sara
Dec 20, 2011 Sara added it
Shelves: manga, humor, shoujo
lol! This series is so funny at first, but I kind of got tired of the same ol' same ol'. The character art is nice, especially the eyes! But there should really be someone concentrating on backgrounds.
Sara
The first volume was ok, but this one just lost me. I'm not a fan of any of the characters and I don't like the plot. I won't be continuing with the series.
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
The Wallflower 2: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower: Yamatonadeshiko Shichenge) by Tomoko Hayakawa (2004)
Jenny

Hahahah... Sunako was really scary... But I think she was really beautiful..:) one my next volume!
Rasha
So ttoottaallyy cute! Loves it <3 Sweet story line and you could feel future love in the air!!!
Emmy Lou
This was a cute read. I hope the next volume will be better, though!
Rhona Mae
yeah.. i love it. i feel like i'm floating on air.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dexter
Enjoyed it even more than the first volume!
  • Hana-Kimi, Volu. 12 (Hana-Kimi, #12)
  • Mars, Volume 06 (Mars, #6)
  • The One, Volume #7
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 8 (Boys Over Flowers, #8)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 5
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...

The Wallflower (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)
The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1) The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3) The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4) The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5) The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)