Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)

The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower #6)

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  1,414 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY

How did four of Japan�s hottest guys end up living in the same magnificent mansion? The shocking revelations continue! And whatever happened to the idea of giving Sunako a major makeover? If the foursome wants to remain in their luxurious surroundings, they need to follow through on the original agreement. Sunako�s aunt will no doubt threaten
Published December 27th 2005 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 6

Nick
Feb 18, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Again... meh -_-
Yu Qian
Apr 24, 2010 Yu Qian rated it really liked it
If you are a girl which kid for giel will you be hot for? As for a normal girl they alway love hot looking guy, like the four super hot looking guy from Mori High:Ran,Yuki,Oda,and Kyohei.Just every high school girl and NO, EVERYONE(man,women.animals,etc) LOVE them,expect for Sunako, a beautiful girl that change into a super scary girl that is with the side of the darkness. It wasn't Sunako's fault... its all because of the guy Sunako likes in middle then she total change, she use to have no fri ...more
Jeffrey
Dec 08, 2013 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Four arcs, of which three are stellar, in, so far, my favorite volume of this series. Finishing the origin stories arc continued from last volume does provide some additional insight about the landlady, but otherwise doesn't really work for me. After that, we have three great arcs.

The first is Sanako going to visit her friend. This is, of course, stunning as Sanako doesn't have any living friends. Soon we learn that her friend is very much alive, but just as unusual as Sanako herself. The boys
Christyn

The Wallflower, Vol. 6 picks up right where Vol. 5 left off, with how Kyohei came to join Yuki, Ranmaru and Takenaga in Nakahara-san’s (Sunako’s Aunt, the Landlady’s) boarding house which is also the beginning of the boys’ friendship. Also included in this volume are three other chapters (which are more like mini-stories). In one the gang visit Sunako’s old friend - Yuki-chan (who happens to be the grand daughter of Yuki-onna) who needs some advice on her romantic pursuits. In another Noi is sco
Yue
I am getting tired of all the 'OMG he is so handsome!' or 'They look like models!'. OK, OK, we get it, the four guys are handsome, but when it is getting repetitive is kind of annoying.

And although I love chibis, for God's sake! Please draw Sunako from time to time in her real self! At the swimming competition at least... and her friend Yuki... did she really look like that or what?
Houa
Nov 04, 2012 Houa rated it it was amazing
The guys talk about their first impression of Kyohei when he first arrived & how they tried to help him hide from people who wanted to touch him. Sunako gets a letter to visit her friend & learns that her friend's boyfriend isn't a good guy. The guys a chance to star in a movie & Sunako messes things up, it's so funny.
Lauren
Dec 20, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Loved this series. I love reverse harem type series especially when the girl is considered to be 'plain.' Nakahara was a hilarious character and I loved all of her creepy ways.

It was similar in my mind to Boys Over Flowers. Same general concept and characters.
Luna
Oct 25, 2016 Luna rated it really liked it
Overall series review (mostly) 4 Stars - so far, I’ve still got a few to go…
Additional: Like most long running series there are some duff chapters/volumes

See: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 Sara added it
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
lol! This series is so funny at first, but I kind of got tired of the same ol' same ol'. The character art is nice, especially the eyes! But there should really be someone concentrating on backgrounds.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Thetravelingpanda
Apr 27, 2014 Thetravelingpanda rated it really liked it
I didn't really like the part on how the guys became friends but besides that I am not getting bored at all of this manga.
Amy Gideon
Feb 26, 2013 Amy Gideon rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I liked it, but there's still very little structure or cohesive plot.
Kristine Hansen
Dec 19, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Still OK but I'm getting irritated at the lack of character development. I prefer stories that progress (the characters don't even age!)
Kristen
Nov 06, 2013 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Oh dear, this series is in serious danger of overtaking Ouran as my favorite. NEVER thought that could happen!
Dexter
Apr 03, 2012 Dexter rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, humor, shoujo
It's still fun, but it's starting to feel like the same plots over and over again. I'm still waiting for some more character depth, and it's aaaaalmost there... it's just taking an awfully long time.
Holly Letson
This series is great fun. I kinda wish the "Sunako" movie had been made. I think it would have been great fun.
VampireAngelSadist
Feb 19, 2012 VampireAngelSadist rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-read
I Love this Manga, it's HILARIOUS!
Keshia
Keshia rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Kiara
Kiara rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2013
Chibixio
Chibixio rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Rozellio
Rozellio rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Kodye
Kodye rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2009
Katarina Holman
Katarina Holman rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2014
Ysha
Ysha rated it liked it
May 22, 2013
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2009
Treyvoni
Treyvoni rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2012
Izzie
Izzie rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2012
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 19 (Hana-Kimi, #19)
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 7
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 6] (Faster than a Kiss #6)
  • Othello, Volume 4
  • Goong, Palace Story, Volume 8
  • Special A, Vol. 3 (Special A, #3)
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...

The Wallflower (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)